Riverside Academy 5

Posted February 27, 2014
i currently have 6 children attending this school and i love this school! the staff is suberb...the principal, ms.eman, listens to all of our concerns...and academically this school is muh better than dearborn public...i highly recommend this school.

Riverside Academy 3

Posted December 07, 2013
It's disappointing that people are just good at judging an entire school based on an experience with one teacher or one incident. I have been teaching for ten years between private, public, and charter schools. Being an educator, future administrator, and through experience, that no matter where we have our students, our job is to teach them. I have three of my children at this school and if a parent doesn't want to put their effort into their child's education, then there is no room for them to complain. Riverside isn't the #1 school in academics but it's doing its best to help out studens who are 97% low income and ESL, which makes the job of the teachers more difficult than other schools so the teachers here are very hard working. In regards to behavior, the overall problems are much less from any school in Dearborn. This school is in the center of Dearborn and as the saying goes, "Everyone knows everyones mom and dad." It's a close knit school and that's why we dont see boyfriend/girlfriend issues, theft, weapons, nor violence. We needs to look at both the behaviorial standpoint as well as the overall academic factors that reflect the sociodemographics of the school.

Riverside Academy 1

Posted December 06, 2013
i have experience overwhelming dissatisfaction with the administration and lack of professionalism from the teachers. Teachers go back to college please your ruining the students academic success.

Riverside Academy 2

Posted September 09, 2012
Its an okay school some of the teachers are very good but unfortunately the principle there is terrible. She seems dizzy and doesn't seem to know what she is doing. She is not a friendly person and she will be the failure of this school. I would not recommend this school

Posted February 18, 2010
This school was an amazing school for all of my sisters and me,we had been enjoying it alot this school learned us more than we should've learned

Riverside Academy 1

Posted January 11, 2010
My kids experience at this school was not good. There are some good teachers but the administration does not know how to run the school. Needs a lot of improvements.

Riverside Academy 4

Posted November 06, 2009
This school has improved greatly. My kids have been here for 4 years and I have seen the school's changes. The staff is great and my kids have benefited alot from the teachers. As a parent, I realize the my kids' education does not only relay on the teacher alone, so I appreciate the extra effort the teaches give toward educating my kids. If I have one complaint it is that some very good teaches have left and I think that it is a loss for the school and their students. While there are more changes that can be done to make this a really great school, the effort is there from both the administration and staff.

Posted October 24, 2009
Riverside Academy is a great charter school because the entire staff(teachers, administration, parapros, custodians, kitchen staff and in between) work as one to provide the best education, love, culture and comfort to the students of our future.

Posted March 01, 2009
My child hasn't learned anything with the attitude the principal and teachers give off.

Posted September 02, 2008
The principal there is very confused and unorganized. She has no welcoming smile and an attitude waiting to snap on the children. After my son has been hit by another student numerously amount of times I wanted to see the action taken place upon the other child, there was none. The teachers there are nice....but that's all you see from a first view. You'll find the great teachers some year and then the others you see them in public schools. Its sad to see the school very unorganized and dysfunctional. This is a major lack of responsibility on the princpal's side.

Riverside Academy
7124 Miller Rd, Dearborn, MI  48126
Last modified Riverside Academy is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverside Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.