Public charter
Dearborn, MI

Posted April 28, 2015
Two thirds of the teachers are not certified, so this place cycles through teachers and staff like a fast food restaurant. My third-grade niece and her classmates often have to "babysit " classrooms of younger students when the teachers fail to show up. They do this with NO adult supervision (ONLY the girls, boys are not expected to do this ). Complete lack of pedagogical knowledge and professionalism among teachers. In addition, while we were initially pleased to find that Arabic instruction is part of the curriculum, we soon learned that it is not Arabic, but religious instruction from the Quran that is taught. While we are Muslim, we had no desire to place the kids in a religious school of any kind. My niece and nephew are leaving at the end of this year, but I can only hope this poor excuse for a school is shut down soon, for the sake of all Dearborn kids.

Riverside Academy 5

Posted February 27, 2014
i currently have 6 children attending this school and i love this school! the staff is suberb...the principal, ms.eman, listens to all of our concerns...and academically this school is muh better than dearborn public...i highly recommend this school.

Riverside Academy 3

Posted December 07, 2013
It's disappointing that people are just good at judging an entire school based on an experience with one teacher or one incident. I have been teaching for ten years between private, public, and charter schools. Being an educator, future administrator, and through experience, that no matter where we have our students, our job is to teach them. I have three of my children at this school and if a parent doesn't want to put their effort into their child's education, then there is no room for them to complain. Riverside isn't the #1 school in academics but it's doing its best to help out studens who are 97% low income and ESL, which makes the job of the teachers more difficult than other schools so the teachers here are very hard working. In regards to behavior, the overall problems are much less from any school in Dearborn. This school is in the center of Dearborn and as the saying goes, "Everyone knows everyones mom and dad." It's a close knit school and that's why we dont see boyfriend/girlfriend issues, theft, weapons, nor violence. We needs to look at both the behaviorial standpoint as well as the overall academic factors that reflect the sociodemographics of the school.

Posted December 06, 2013
i have experience overwhelming dissatisfaction with the administration and lack of professionalism from the teachers. Teachers go back to college please your ruining the students academic success.

Posted March 05, 2013
My kids attend riverside and this has been one of the worst and challenging school years that I ever encountered I would never recommend any ones child to attend there

Riverside Academy 2

Posted September 09, 2012
Its an okay school some of the teachers are very good but unfortunately the principle there is terrible. She seems dizzy and doesn't seem to know what she is doing. She is not a friendly person and she will be the failure of this school. I would not recommend this school

Posted February 18, 2010
This school was an amazing school for all of my sisters and me,we had been enjoying it alot this school learned us more than we should've learned

Posted January 11, 2010
My kids experience at this school was not good. There are some good teachers but the administration does not know how to run the school. Needs a lot of improvements.

Riverside Academy 4

Posted November 06, 2009
This school has improved greatly. My kids have been here for 4 years and I have seen the school's changes. The staff is great and my kids have benefited alot from the teachers. As a parent, I realize the my kids' education does not only relay on the teacher alone, so I appreciate the extra effort the teaches give toward educating my kids. If I have one complaint it is that some very good teaches have left and I think that it is a loss for the school and their students. While there are more changes that can be done to make this a really great school, the effort is there from both the administration and staff.

Posted October 24, 2009
Riverside Academy is a great charter school because the entire staff(teachers, administration, parapros, custodians, kitchen staff and in between) work as one to provide the best education, love, culture and comfort to the students of our future.

7124 Miller Road, Dearborn, MI  48126
Last modified Riverside Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverside Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top