Posted December 31, 2013
The Academy of the Americas is an excellent school. Our daughter is now in 6th grade and has been there since kindergarten. She has had caring teachers and excellent achievement all the way through, while learning Spanish from native speakers. The best thing about AoA is the family like atmosphere, which is very welcoming and friendly.

Posted April 27, 2010

Academy Of The Americas 4

Posted April 19, 2010
My children have at this school for one year. Their teachers have been great. The teachers care for the children as if they are their own. We have a great relationship. The majority of the children come from spanish speaking homes. My children are fully immersed in Latino culture.

Posted October 13, 2009
It is the only school in Detroit that teaches children to both read,write and speak Spanish. By the time students graduate they are fully bilingual. The staff and the parents are really dedicated to helping the kids succeed. I think this schools hidden gem. Parent bring their kids from all over the city just so that their kid can graduate bilingual.

Posted August 05, 2009

Posted January 14, 2009

Posted August 14, 2008

Posted June 13, 2008
I have been a teacher for the past 3 years at this school. We strive to do our best with what the school district provides for us. We have to get out of pocket monies to buy materials (hands on, posters, games and such). So if anyone is to blame is not the teachers or school administrators. Is the Detroit school district for not providing the funds needed for those items. Our school does reach to the parents and comunity and we do care very much about the success of our students from pk to 8th grade.

Academy Of The Americas 4

Posted April 13, 2008
I'd just like to make note that the parent who stated that AOA has not made adequately yearly progress is incorrect. The school has successfully made AYP and will continue to do so with the support of its students, parents, staff and administrators.

Posted December 05, 2007
I have had 3 of my children attend in previous years and now a small one, I love the school and the standards are higher than most schools which is a wonderful thing, But the teachers have a attitude towards parents as though we didnt care for our children they ask for help from parents but parents voices are not heard. The principle seems to act on what teachers or office aids say like she doesnt have any authority. AND its all a shame because its such a wonderful school I hate it that parents dont have any say in what goes on in the school. Most schools are hungry for parent participation involvement! One thing to stringley consider before sending your child here is if your child is started in spanish and you later decide to change to another scho ol the language makes it the transition very hard

Academy Of The Americas
5680 Konkel St, Detroit, MI  48210
Last modified Academy Of The Americas is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy Of The Americas Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.