Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

No interest in helping the students learn just there to get a paycheck not there for the kids

Amount of homework: Disagree

When my son was in the 8th grade he never had homework but I think a lot of the teachers just don't care like they use to

It use to be a Great School but now its just horrible. I wouldn't send my dog there I am so disappointed in Dossin. I wish there was something positive to say about the school but when the class room has 45 students and 1 teacher the teacher can not teach there for the students can not learn. They need more staff and more strong male presence in the school. Once was a Great School now just a Great Mess !!

Dossin is a very good school. The principal has always been there for me and my family. The problem we had was with the math teacher The school most definitely can use a face lift without a doubt. Other than that I love Dossin. I think it's more family orient which id a good thing

I use to go to royal oak schools then i when to dossin and all the stuff that they were teaching me i new in 3rd grade

This school lacks in many of the areas a school need not to lack in. *Leadership *Teacher Quality *Student Engagement *Positive Learning Environment Every day, I come up to the school and find another unprofessional matter about this school. My child came from a school where there was no horseplay with students, the teachers were actually doing their job, and the principal/vice principal came out and welcome the parents with a smile on their faces. NOT THIS SCHOOL! The principal is very unprofessional. My child told me that the principal cusses at the children freely and that one of the vice principal is in a classroom teaching them for 7th grade. The teachers do not look excited about coming to work on a daily basis, as my child stated. My child said there is one assistant principal that treats the children nice, teaches them the right way to behave, and takes the time to listen to the teachers and students. My child is very observant and he tells me that she is stern, but fair and I believe that is what this school needs. I sure hope that this school gets it together, and get a whole new transformation of teachers and administrators. If not, my child will be attending Bates.

I think this school does not have imporant things that a child need to make it in life . They are their to teach and to stop the bulling not bully the kids. They laugh,get mad, start a conflict with the kids and parents. They judge the kids , parents,and others by they look and how react. Schools today need teachers that connect with students and parents. When I Picked my children up everyday and saw their face i could tell something was wrong. Teachers talking about other teachers,parents,and students. They are lacking on the kids and the school. The school has has nets everywhere . The kids are having gang fights . They say we the mob everytime . I am not trying to be superwomen . When i know something is wrong i try to alert someone to do something .I think that this school needs to rebuilt its self . It needs to have makeover with new bricks and try to do more with the kids. A couples years ago they tried to turn it to another school I was thinking it change.But it seems like when I voted it got worse. Now I know not to put my kids in a place where they dont want to be. This year my kids are going to a school they love and they thank me it is not dossin .

For the most part I love the school. I went there as a child so I was excited to send my children there but the principal leaves a lot to be desired in the kindness department. The teachers are good & very understanding. I believe if Dossin got a new principal it could be one of the best schools in the Detroit Public system.

It is a very good school I love it .

The Principal had an attitude when I first met her, maybe it was a bad day but that was ridiculous, I know alot of parents dont particpate but you dont have to be so rude and the teachers, lord they where worse. My childs teacher is exciting and fun and is excited about my childs development. I have to send my child to this school I dont have any other choice so I'm stuck.

Last modified Dossin Elementary-Middle School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.