Nichols Elementary-Middle School 4

Posted January 17, 2013
My son currently goes to Nichols and I think it's a good school. He has now had two different principals and I found them both dedicated professionals. I can't speak for all the teachers there, but his have been great. I do agree that should have more after school programs, but for the most part I like NIchols.

Nichols Elementary-Middle School 3

Posted June 15, 2011
For the school is small as far as a bigger gym, lunch and an area for performances. I went to a school that went from k-8 and it was just a little bigger. Some teachers are excellent and there are others that need to retire. The principal is doing the best she can do. The city needs to help all of these DPS schools that are still open. They need money, this school has no good activities. What happen to music, my daughters enjoyed the choir after school and then the school stopped it. This school needs an upgrade added space for the additional students that are being pushed in to these schools.

Nichols Elementary-Middle School 5

Posted June 23, 2010
I think Nichols is an excellent school. My daughter is challenged by her teachers. The students who are struggling get extra assistance from various staff members. The principal is very organized and the schools runs like a well oiled machine.

Nichols Elementary-Middle School 4

Posted August 11, 2008
I do not agree that the principal does not care about the students. There are some great teachers and staff, however some of the teachers are not as focused as they should be. I believe that this school would be more beneficial to all of the students if it only went up to 5th grade. The middle school children do need more space and more staff dedicated to them. Although there are some programs that are provided by volunteers, it would be beneficial to the school's curriculum to have arts and music, etc.

Nichols Elementary-Middle School 1

Posted November 30, 2007
The principal doesn't really care about the kids.

Nichols Elementary-Middle School 3

Posted January 05, 2007
Nichols Elementary/Middle school goes up to the eigth grade, the building is too small for a eigth grade. We have a school nurse and school social worker. We can have an active parent participation if welcomed. Nichols have no extracurrcilar activities like music, art, foreign languages, swimming or academic games. This school does not prepare it's eigth grader for high school. Some of the teacher's are excellent as far as challenging the students. This school is excellent for elementary but not middle school. The principal is really great except for some of her office staff. The location is in Historic Indian Village a good location.

Nichols Elementary-Middle School
3000 Burns St, Detroit, MI  48214
Last modified Nichols Elementary-Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nichols Elementary-Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.