Detroit, MI

Spain Elementary-Middle School 1

Posted September 02, 2014
Worst school I've ever had a child attend. The principal is a tyrant and has all the staff under his control. He labels kids as "bad kids" brings down their self esteem. Parents remove your children if he is the principle... Have never seen anyone like him very disrespectful.. Don't believe me question his authority.

Posted March 17, 2014
I love this school. I give them five stars. The teachers and the principal are great. I moved and had to transfer my children, i didn't want to but i don't have the transportation to get them to Spain. I literally cried over this matter. I had to put my children in Maybury elementary, a school i don't care for and I've been having problems with the principal stop ping me from entering the school and taking my son to class, i feel she's harassing me because i havnt seen her doing this to other parents at all. I wish i could get my kids to school at Spain I'd switch them back. A very sad and disappointed mother here. :'(

Posted January 06, 2013
this is a great school and ill recomend this school to whom may be concerned

Posted November 15, 2012
i am a student a this school. this administrations is very good.Our learning ability is put to the test.they dont give you the answers. we actually solve them

Posted May 21, 2010
Because Spain is one of the few DPS School that involves the elementary level to be involved in extra-curriculum activities such as swimming & Dance, and the lower grades of students really needs that as well also and Spain has such great Leader & Teachers also to help students to learn who is struggling, and most DPS School don't have teachers that is willing to stay afterschool to help their student who is struggling, that why majority of students is enroll at Kumon for Tutoring or Sylvan because of lack of afterschool tutoring with their teacher.

Posted May 20, 2010
I am voting for this school because of work of one it's teachers Mr. Norbert Kidd. He has brought more education and scial sills than anyone else in the city.

Posted September 06, 2008
My son has been as Spain since Kindergarten and I can truly say that it was been a wonderful experience. The teachers are always willing to help the students. They take time to work with the students. They stay late in the evening to ensure that lesson plans for the next are ready for the next school day. The administration is awesome! If there are any problems they do not hesitate to let parents know. I would not send my son anywhere else. The faculty and staff work well together. The performing arts component along with the gym and swim component gives the children of Spain a well rounded educational experience. PRAM

Posted September 04, 2008
My daughter has been at spain for 4 yrs. she is now in the 7th grade Mr. Alexander is an awesome principle and the children respect him. My son will be in Kindergarten next year and he will definitely be attending Spain.

Posted March 15, 2008
My rather rambunctious 5 year old is in Mrs. Russell's kindergarten class and I am very pleased with the education she is receiving. I appreciate that she is being encouraged to be a scholar as well as a good citizen. I had my misgivings about sending my child to a DPS school, but the staff of Spain has really changed my opinion. Kudos to Mr. Alexander, Mrs. Fields, Mrs. Combs, Mrs. Russell, Mrs. Sparks and all the other hardworking professionals who make Spain such a wonderful environment!

Spain Elementary-Middle School 4

Posted November 08, 2007
I think spain is an outstanding school. I attended spain years ago and I now have two children who attend spain.The teachers seem to love the kid as well as what they do.I highly recommend this school.

3700 Beaubien Street, Detroit, MI  48201
(313) 494-2081
Last modified Spain Elementary-Middle School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spain Elementary-Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top