Bad
Good

I gave DPS a try last year for my daughter who was entering Kindergarten. I will say, I am extremely happy with that decision. My daughter is no longer bored in class because she isn't being challenged. (She has been taught Montessori since the age of 1 and traditional teaching didn't challenge her) She is now in 1st grade Chinese, she already has homework and she is excited to come home and complete it. She even wakes up every morning looking forward to school. The communication from the school is phenomenal, you get a phone call or text and can also log in to see your child's reports. I also love the fact the school teaches the children to be independent early on. I know DPS has been going through a lot for some time now but I would recommend FLICS to any parent.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

FLICS teaches children to be independent and allow students to correct their mistakes. If its an issue between two students, the teacher informs both parents and never singles out one student.

This is an amazing school with great teachers. My daughter has been at this school since kindergarten. We love the curriculum and Japanese language. The diversity that FLiCS provides is exceptional. The principal and asst are attentive to the children's needs. Come join our family because we will welcome you with a warm heart!!!

MY 10 YEAR HAS BEEN HERE SINCE 1ST GRADE. CHINESE LANGUAGE WE LOVE IT. THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IS THE PARKING LOT AFTER SCHOOL, OTHER THAN THAT THE TEACHERS R WONDERFUL, THE STAFF WONDERFUL, AND EVEN THE VOLUNTEERS ARE RESPECTFUL AT ALL TIMES. I HAVE YET TO MEET THE PRINCIPAL BUT LOVE THE ASST. GREAT DPS SCHOOL

My children have been attending FLICS since 1998 & we are so proud of all the postive changes to the program & building location that have occured over these years. My youngest child is currently in the Spanish program (since Kindergarten) & is flourishing at FLICS. She is the current School Body President 'Elect' which has afforded her many opportunities. She was recently an inductee into FLICS first class of National Junior Honor Society members!!!! FLICS has helped me to cultivate my child & expose her to politics, community service, news & media, arts/music (string orchestra), and athletics (cheerleading). BRAVO FLICS :-.)

My daughter have attended this school since Kindergarten & she has the best teachers in the country. They pay very close attention to thee children individually and as a whole class. The principal is awesome as well as the Asst. Principal! I love this school & my baby will be here until she graduated 8th grade! FLICS is awesome!

I have went to F.L.I.C.S for five years from Kindergarten until Fourth grade. This school gives all students good education. I was in the highlight language Japanese because it is my couture. Japanese is the most recommended language in this school. I loved this school and my grades stayed with straight A's. This will be a good school for your child I myself recommend this school to parents around the district looking for a school for your child/children. It's a good school. It challenges students and increases G.P.A'S.I LOVED THIS SCHOOL! Sadly I had to leave it I was going to go to the school this year but I am going to John D. Pierce Middle School this year. Yet again I recommend this school to all parents looking for a school for your children. BEST SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is a very good concept, however my daughter grades have dropped dramatically this year. Her grades are so low that she is been expelled from the school due to her academic G.P.A. Which would be understandable if she just not able to keep up with the curriculum. However, this is not the case. This is her 3rd year at FLICS and she enjoys learning Spanish. I feel that her grades have dropped due to lack of extra curricultives, she has not had gym in two years and no type of elective this year. Students can not function/grow academically correctly without some kind of cool down. It's sad that my daughter have to leave FLICS for something she neither had control over or understanding. In hope they get their act together, because for the most part the teachers are great and being bilingual is a huge advantage.

I have two children that attend FLICS. I am very satisfied with this school. I was plesantly surprised from day 1. Judging from my eldest daughters 1st DPS school I was so ready to abandon DPS, however FLICS is great. The parent involment is awesome and I feel this is what keeps its standards up. I have one daughter in 3rd grade speaking french. My other daughter is in kinderdgarden and learning Chinese. Huge thumbs up for FLICS! More importantly to the overwhelming positive parent involvment! This school seems to be better than any charter & most private schools

My daughter is in the second grade and has been at FLICS since last year. The school is ok as far as academics ,but she had no gym class at all last year and only goes to gym twice a week now. I dont like the fact that the middle school children come in and exit out the same door. This year they installed a metal detector for 6th grade and up . I as a parent must walk thru it as well. Last straw . I do love the fact that you can drop your child off as early as 7:30 am for working and school bound parents this is great . They also have latch key. However the parking for pick up is an absolute mess.

Last modified Foreign Language Immersion And Cultural Studies is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.