Bad
Good

Tbh i have been at this school since sixth grade and yes its kind of cold some time but this school has good teachers (im in 10th grade ) we dont have to worry about people fighting everyday you can go to any school and its going to have problems but at this school we learn we get a lot of chances to to go to colleges and see nice things the foods not that bad we can buy food here just dont like the secretary guards some just do too much but Ms.edwards them other ppl need to be gone they lazy and always trying to get someone in something Ms.Hib nice she listens to us

This school is not handicap accessible for parents or students who are handicap or physically disabled.

This School does not have heat. This school does NOT have air conditioning. There are nets in the lunchroom . The ceilings leak and the maintenance is TERRIBLE!! I go to this school, take it from me!

This is a really bad school, I got bullied a whole school year. The teachers don't like to teach at all, and the students like to talk all about sex, drugs, ect. Its a bad school. Bullies that don't let you pay attention to school work, also, I left the school because I got bullied so bad. Do NOT send your child here. This is me telling you how bad it is. How they put themselves to be, all lies. Don't trust the school, fights every other day. No good at all, no edu.

I left this school and I did a bad job I found out how good this school is after I left it.

I have ALOT of things to say about this school.I have spoke to my daughters about it and got their opinions and I will also share mine. First of all, this school has an asesome principal.But she doesn't seem to listen to her students or teachers very often, it's mostly the vice rincipal doing all the work. Secondly, some of the students have brillent ideas that no one seems to appreciate. I've noticed this school is made out of African Americans and Muslims and the Muslim girls arn't participating in most of the things going on at school. I would love to listen to their ideas and see how much the school can change. The envirmont is HORRIBLE. This school needs to get in shape in order for the teachers to teach and the students to learn.(EX. Get this school re-painted over the summer)when I went to the parent-teacher conference I found gum on the railing of the stairs! The lighting is so dull that when I step in the building I feel as if I walked in jail! Also everything is always unorganized. (EX: Multicultural Day)The lockers are dirty, and the teachers are lazy. If I could become the principal, this school would've been in shape in one week! That is my opinions for this school.

This is a very nice school for my daughters! Ive noticed that my girls are improving a lot in this school!! I love DIA x

This school has Inappropriate language, some teachers are just to lazy, bullying, the teachers don't take their job seriously, and worst of the students do very unladylike like things! But what I like is the strong principle. every school needs a strong principle for the school to be good.

Last modified Detroit International Academy For Young Women is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.