Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=9026+woodward+ave,detroit,mi+48202&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=fsa31yqm2b2io_n6lzpl2sx2xps=

Detroit International Academy for Young Women

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Detroit International Academy for Young Women 5428879 2

Posted January 28, 2014
This school is not handicap accessible for parents or students who are handicap or physically disabled.

Detroit International Academy for Young Women 5403740 1

Posted January 08, 2014
This School does not have heat. This school does NOT have air conditioning. There are nets in the lunchroom . The ceilings leak and the maintenance is TERRIBLE!! I go to this school, take it from me!

Detroit International Academy for Young Women 4890058 1

Posted August 17, 2012
I have ALOT of things to say about this school.I have spoke to my daughters about it and got their opinions and I will also share mine. First of all, this school has an asesome principal.But she doesn't seem to listen to her students or teachers very often, it's mostly the vice rincipal doing all the work. Secondly, some of the students have brillent ideas that no one seems to appreciate. I've noticed this school is made out of African Americans and Muslims and the Muslim girls arn't participating in most of the things going on at school. I would love to listen to their ideas and see how much the school can change. The envirmont is HORRIBLE. This school needs to get in shape in order for the teachers to teach and the students to learn.(EX. Get this school re-painted over the summer)when I went to the parent-teacher conference I found gum on the railing of the stairs! The lighting is so dull that when I step in the building I feel as if I walked in jail! Also everything is always unorganized. (EX: Multicultural Day)The lockers are dirty, and the teachers are lazy. If I could become the principal, this school would've been in shape in one week! That is my opinions for this school.

Detroit International Academy for Young Women 4779414 5

Posted April 12, 2012
This is a very nice school for my daughters! Ive noticed that my girls are improving a lot in this school!! I love DIA x

Detroit International Academy for Young Women 4737316 1

Posted February 12, 2012
This school has Inappropriate language, some teachers are just to lazy, bullying, the teachers don't take their job seriously, and worst of the students do very unladylike like things! But what I like is the strong principle. every school needs a strong principle for the school to be good.

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Detroit International Academy for Young Women
9026 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI  48202
Detroit International Academy for Young Women Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.