Eastpointe, MI
Students enrolled: 1,301

East Detroit High School
Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 01, 2015
If this was the case they would not send students home on a constant basis to retrieve hey Heidi when a lot of the students live a distance from the school there should be another alternative. Also they shouldn't have to recommend a student to go to another school ever unless it was A student violation, but not for a student having difficulty with their learning ability, that's basically stating that your child is not good enough to go here and go somewhere else. They have no compassion or concern.

Posted August 01, 2015
I had a bad experience with this School, they will send my son home every time he left his ID, sometimes students do forget their ID everything should not be based on that to where you kick your child out constantly only to go home. It starts to make the student not feel wanted and not wanting to go to school. They also belittle my son just told him he should go to another school instead of helping him with his education they basically kicked him out. The teachers and staff are very carefree of the students education and/or safety. This was by far the worst School we have ever had a experience with thus far.

Posted April 26, 2015
Unfortunately, the majority of the student body have no respect for anyone thanks to careless parents who have no self respect or dignity themselves. They do not allow any accountability, and if there are any accusations made its usually followed with a lawsuit. Typical and terribly sad

Posted May 12, 2014
This school is absolutely awful. Teachers do not know how to control the students and the students are now running the school. What should not be acceptable behavior has become acceptable. Swearing at teachers, being unruly, and fighting is a normal. There is absolutely no respect, and the distractions are unfair to the students trying to learn. Beware!

East Detroit High School 3

Posted April 24, 2014
I have you all beat I went there from 1966 to 1970 when it was only from 10th,11th, and 12th grade. For the legnth that I was there I never heard or saw a fight in or out of the school. As for the education Alot lot of students from that year went onto clooage and university atthe way from Wayne State to U of M and Michigan State.

Posted October 10, 2013
The Administrators have ruined a good school. it is a bunch of scared unhappy people working there and the building is falling apart and dirty as can be .

Posted August 14, 2013
What a disgusting school, so glad I graduated. Crowded classes, they often run out of desks and need to borrow some from other rooms.. Kids here don't care about learning, they don't care about homework.. all they wanna do is fight fight fight. Seriously, I am not exaggerating when I say there is a fight at least every other day. The popular "fighting" place is outside after school, in front of all kinds of stores! I feel bad for the stores because it makes them look bad. Kids are rude, so much bullying and have no respect for others. They stand in the hallways in groups, blocking your way but they don't care. They give you dirty looks when you try to go past them.I learned nothing here, do not send your kids here.. seems like even most of the teachers have given up. it really gets worse every year. Should be shut down.

Posted August 04, 2013
Continued scandal and corruption has made this district into what it is today! It is headed down the same road as Inkster. Unfortunately the teachers suffer and get punished for poor leadership and lack of administrative support. Careers of great teachers have been ruined by the ineffective and corrupt leadership from the BOE, Super, and teachers union. As long as the people at the top continue to make their money is all that matters. They don't care about what is going on at the high school and it is evident. Students run the building. Repeat offenders get "sent home for the day". No handbook rules are followed and when a teacher tries to reinforce, the students tell the teacher to F off! It's just a social event, no learning can take place because the teachers can't get the students to shut up and listen! No tactics work, they won't even respect military personnel as guest speakers. Parents are not supportive and make excuses that will eventually lead to criminal behavior for their child in the future. The lucky students and staff have gotten out! I feel badly for those who are stuck! Every staff member is stressed. Low morale in every building in district.

Posted July 25, 2013
This school is terrible. There is so much drama. I only went there one year and I wont be returning next year.

Posted January 17, 2013
Completely terrible school. When I was a student there I was flat out told by counselors and teachers to drop out because they felt as though I was not bothering to apply myself. It was a frustrating four years there where I was told time and time again that I just wasn't someone to waste their time on, to the point where one teacher rearranged his classroom by gradepoint average and placed me in the back of the classroom where I couldn't see the board. After finally taking their advice, I switched to a new program and found out that I had undiagnosed, but easily identifiable ADHD. Thanks for making me waste four years of my life and leaving me with near crippling self-esteem issues, EDHS.

East Detroit High School
15501 Couzens Avenue, Eastpointe, MI  48021
Last modified East Detroit High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Detroit High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 70 reviews. Top