Farmington Hills, MI

Posted October 30, 2013
Our daughter is a Junior at Mercy this year. I am thrilled that she is at such an outstanding school. Tha Administration is top notch and the teachers are excellent. The school does an amazing job at celebrating each individual girl and making everyone feel that they are equally important to the community. I am always warmly welcomed on campus. Academics, Technology, Athletics, Social Events, Spiritual Opportunities, and Outreach Activities are all exceptional at this remarkable high school.

Posted February 06, 2012
This is a wonderful high school. The staff is so devoted to helping each girl attain her full potential. I can not imagine our daughter having spent her high school years at any other school. She is now in her first year of college and doing well due to the excellent preparation she got at Mercy.

Posted September 17, 2011
I am very impressed so far. My daughter confidence level is very high. Without the stress of male students she is very focus academically and does not appear to be overwhelmed. The staff has been wonderful! It is a long drive from Grosse Pointe MI to Farmingtion Hills MI everyday but it is worth it to make sure she is getting such a outstanding education.

Posted April 03, 2010
I just LOVE this school. We made the best possible choice for our daughter. She is now a junior and we could not be happier.The teachers are wonderful and always willing to help out. Every time I walk into the school I feel welcome. The staff is happy to see you there. You are not made to feel like an intruder but a friend. Our daughter has just started the college process and I know she will be well prepared for what ever college she goes too. (MSU is on her short list) But don't just take MY word for it. Check it out for yourself. They have Open House twice a year for families and Shadow days for girls to visit and spend a day with a current Mercy Girl.

Mercy High School 0

Posted June 04, 2009
I transferred to Mercy from public schooling and absolutely loved it! It was wonderful to have the full focus on academics and extracurricular activities without the silly stress of boys, and even picking out an outfit in the morning. Thanks to Mercy I entered college a well prepared freshman; not one overwhelmed by class schedules or the subject matter, enabling me to succeed and graduate with a 3.90 average. To simply say Mercy is wonderful is not enough, it is an experience that prepares you not only for college and time management, but enlightens you to other cultures, races, and points of view. This was the best choice my parents have ever made for me!

Posted January 07, 2009
Our daughter has just started her sophomore year at Mercy. The school is amazing and strives to meet each girls needs. They always encourage the girls to be their best and to aim high. They help the students to make good class choices and to set high goals. They offer many AP classes which my daughter is looking forward to next year. Go Marlins! Fear the Fish!

Mercy High School 4

Posted June 28, 2008
Mercy High is a wonderfully diverse and interesting school and I'm very pleased with my education here so far (I've just finished my sophomore year). While no school is perfect--e.g. administration can be a little inconsistent--the school has a relatively relaxed atmosphere with a lot of great teachers who really care about students. There are lots of new classes for people of different levels in math and science abilities, so it's easy to make the schedule work for you. I love having off time during the school day and having the tablets, although they can be a distraction at times. (There are still a lot of kinks in the program that need to be worked out.) Mercy gives a lot of work and discipline, but also a lot of fun things throughout the year that make it a really well-rounded, beneficial, and enjoyable place to be.

Posted May 07, 2008
This school is amazing. The atmosphere is amazing and the school really pushes students to succeed

Mercy High School 4

Posted March 22, 2008
Excellent academics, the teachers are strict and hold the students to a high standard. However administration does not seem to fully investigate or think through their decisions. Students are required to purchase $2000 table laptops. They use them in class to email friends and occasionally take notes with and look up information on the internet. Pen and paper would be cheaper and not as much of a distraction in the classroom. They have made national news for their flip-flop decisions: accepting then refusing and again accepting a 'lunch with the governor' fundraiser, allowing the students to participate in a contest to win a vist by a hip hop artist, and then after the students won the contest, the administration decided the artist wasn't appropriate for the school. Refusing a right to life speaker that was invited by the students to speak.

Posted February 27, 2008
I graduated from Mercy last fall and I still miss it every day. It was the best decision I have ever made. Now that I'm in college I have realized how much it prepared me for the real world, academically and socially. Mercy is so diverse and gives you so many amazing gifts to succeed in life! <3

Mercy High School