Fenton, MI

Posted April 06, 2014
Tomek-Eastern Elementary is a great school. The teachers work hard to make sure they give the best education to our kids. They are caring and loving and make learning fun. The school is an IB school so the students learn a gobal curriculum in addition to the common core curriculum. The parents are highly involved in the school. They have a PTO that helps make this school a fantastic school. I cannot say enough good things about this wonderful school. When you walk through the doors, you feel like family!

Posted June 24, 2013
Tomek Eastern Elementary is a leader in the district. It is an IB World School that has dedicated parents, knowledgeable teachers and good leadership. When you walk through the doors, people are friendly and it feels like home. The PTO is wonderful and welcoming to all who want to help. I have 2 children who have attended the school in grades K to 5 and I have been very pleased with the teachers in all grade levels. I would highly recommend new families to the district to come into the school to see for themselves!

Posted June 24, 2013
We just finished our sixth year at Tomek and I can't say enough great things about my daughter's experiences at this school! The amount of love and dedication that our staff pours into every child in the building is to be admired. Education is top notch in this building and IB philosophies are present throughout the school. A+

Posted June 24, 2013
Tomek Eastern is an amazing school that I have had the honor and privilege of being a parent and a volunteer in for the last 9 years. This opportunity has allowed me to see the school and its staff at an up close and personal level. The staff at Tomek are extraordinary at every grade level. They are passionate and dedicated to providing the children with the best learning environment possible. The are extremely knowledgeable and implement the IB curiculm with ease and competence, preparing our children to become global learners. The are also heavily involved in extracurricular activities such as the Talent Showcase and the IB World Fair. The parents and children at Tomek have been wonderful. Through volunteer experiences and in the classroom, we have made lifelong friendships. We have and will continue to give Tomek the highest recommendations!!!!

Tomek-Eastern Elementary School 3

Posted February 15, 2013
I have been having problems with bullying. My daughter is constantly disrought coming home from school, as she is being tormented by her peers. Kids in her class didn't give her valentines and handed her Valentine Cards back to her. We home-made them with her picture and a candy. It just breaks my heart to know that these kids could be so cruel at such a young age. Doesn't the teacher see what's going on? Why wouldn't she call me to let me know or interfere with all the name calling my daughter recieves? I might change schools.

Posted April 21, 2010
Tomek-Eastern Elementary School is a great place for kids to learn! The teachers care deeply for their students and Mr. Alward, the principal is outstanding - he connects with the children and they love him. The office secretaries are kind and friendly to everyone. The custodial, kitchen and para-pros care about every child that attends. The teachers are committed to excellence, have high standards and treat every child with respect and dignity - I wouldn't send my two daughters anywhere else for an education - thank you Tomek!!!!

Posted April 02, 2010
I have had 3 children in the Fenton School district and at one time or another some of them have attended all three elementary schools. Tomek is, by far, the best school. My youngest now attends there and I absolutely love everything about it. The teaching staff is superb and very committed to giving my son the best education possible. The other staff - kitchen ladies, the outside aides before and after school, and the office staff are always very friendly and helpful and always have a smile on their faces. I almost forgot the best thing about Tomek - their new principal.

Posted February 25, 2010
I have had the opportunity to be closely involved with half of a dozen schools in Michigan. As a whole, the staff at Tomek are ndoubtedly the most welcoming, committed, qualified, and effective educators I have worked with. The district is clearly committed to the growth of it's students but the daily, hands-on commitment to the students by the teachers and staff is apparent as soon as you have the chance to speak with any one of them. They have embraced the IB philosophies and are well on their way to becoming an IB World School. I am thankful to have had the opportunity to learn from the staff and administration at Tomek.

Posted February 25, 2010
Really happy with the new Principal, he is very involved with the students. The entire staff supervises the dynamics of the student body and bullying is rare but nipped in he bud when it does happen - which is rare.

Posted February 24, 2010
By far the most remarkable group of teachers and staff in the country. Highly recommend.

Tomek-Eastern Elementary School
600 4th Street, Fenton, MI  48430
Last modified Tomek-Eastern Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tomek-Eastern Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top