Bad
Good

Help me understand something. If it is a great school, why is the school ranked below 96% of all other schools in the state? And secondly, how can parents view this as great? This school is ranked one of the worst in the state, according to student achievement. I'm wondering if the kids can read very well?

NEITHERCUT USE TO BE ONE OF FLINT'S GREATEST PUBLIC SCHOOLS, BUT IT IS SO OUT OF CONTROL NOW. NOT SURE IF IT'S BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE SCHOOL CLOSINGS AND KIDS ARE BEING SHIPPED IN OR WHAT, BUT THEY ARE OUT OF CONTROL. I ORIGINALLY WANTED MY CHILDREN TO FINISH THERE BUT WE HAVE MADE THE DECISION TO TRANSFER THEM FOR THEIR OWN GOOD AND IT IS SAD BECAUSE THEY ARE LEAVING FRIENDS BEHIND. I FEEL NEITHERCUT NEED MORE INFORCEMENT CONSISTENTLY AND TAKE THE PARENTS CONCERNS MORE SERIOUSLY AND NOT TO PUT OFF ADRESSING THEM. MRS. SKENE, MRS MOUNT, MR. EDWARDS, MR. SPENCER AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST MRS. RAMSEY THE LADY THAT GIVES HER HEART TO THAT SCHOOL. AMONGST A COUPLE OF OTHER MULTI-TALENTED INSTRUCTORS WE WILL MISS YOU. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH THE KIDS AND ALL OF YOU ALWAYS.

A few years ago Neithercut was a wonderful school. The teachers are still great but they need a principal willing to do his/her job. In that area it has really gone down hill. I agree with the post about the secretary not being helpful. I have found that to be the case as well. Also a few members of the support staff need to be replaced. The school still has potential but has really gone downhill.

i really like this school. with the help of mrs mount and some of the other teachers my 5 yr old really enjoys being at school. the only problem i have is the receptionist could be a little bit nicer to everyone she dont seem to want to be thereor help any of the parents. my son has mrs cronk and she is a wonderful teacher i couldnt be happier.

My daughter just finished first grade at Neithercut. She had Mrs. Caritti for first grade and Mrs. Skeene for kindergarten. Would recommend them your child will learn the most with them. Last year when Mrs. Umphrey was principal everything was in top notch shape and orderly. This is not so with the new principal. I notice children cussing on my way into school running in the hallway and outside. I noticed a lot of children out of uniform this year. The receptionist is not helpful if you have a question like 'When is grandparents day?' She don't know. Actual answer. Never did find out till to late. I had a sixth grader picking on a first grader one the bus reported it to the principal nothing was done. I believe if Neithercut got a stricter principal Neithercut would be great again.

I agree with the other parents. Neithercut is a great school. My oldest son went to Neithercut and now my to younger son 7 and 8 are there in the 2nd and 4th grade. The teachers have been wonderful and very caring to my children and I plan to leave them at Neithercut through the 6th grade.

I couldn't be more pleased. My sons 3, and 7, are there, and they both love it. Mrs. Skene, Mrs. Umphrey and other staff members are good to the children, supportive, encourage learning and create a safe learning focused environment.Parents are involved and play a big role in their children's school activities. It's a tight knit community within itself and this school was the absolute best choice for our younger children. Highly recommend Neithercut and believe that it is one of the best public elementary schools in Flint, if not the #1. Families will not be disappointed with this educational choice.

Last modified Neithercut Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.