Posted November 23, 2014
The teaching professionals at Madison are excellent. They are approachable and easy to work with. The front office is also wonderful. Madison Academy is a Gem.

Posted October 29, 2014
My children went there last year. They were in 7th and 8th grade. The curriculum was equivalent to Swartz Creeks 3rd and 4th grade curriculum. It was a joke on what they were teaching. They went for only the first semester and never had homework, because " kids don't learn at home". Also we were told that they had busing to the school. We found out after enrollment that we are not on the route because of where we live (Swartz Creek) 3 miles away from the school and that we had to call MTA directly to set up YourRide. YourRide does not transport children to school. Needless to say my wife was late for work each day and had to leave early because of the busing. Teachers were also second rate that could not speak proper English. The sports programs that they said that they had were basically nonexistent.. They actually had to giveaway fuel cards to get the parents to show up to parent teacher conferences. If you want uninvolved staff and parents with a sub-par education, this is the school for you.

Posted June 04, 2014
Wonderful school all the way through! The staff works hard and puts students first. A real gem in the Flint community. Sign your family up before it's too late!

Posted February 19, 2014
Madison Academy has some of the most caring, supportive, and energetic staff I have ever known. I am proud to be part of a team that strives for success and has high expectations for the students academic, social, and emotional growth.

Posted August 30, 2013
I have been very happy with this school. My daughter was previously in the public schools where their was a lot of disruptions that were never addressed by the administration. My daughter has flourished in the small caring environment. She is now reading at five grade levels above her grade though she came into Madison struggling to read. We have been very happy with our experience.

Posted July 17, 2013
Do you want your children learning without textbooks, hands on science equipment or basic supplies? Do you want your children tested every month regardless of whether or not they even understand the material they were taught. The poor teachers in this school are forced to expect all students in their classes to learn at the same pace and follow crazy pacing guides that the students will then be tested over with no flexibility for slower or faster learners. The poor students are tested to death and told regularly how their scores don't measure up. The management company sees the kids as dollar signs and test scores only. This school is run for the purpose of making someone a bunch of money, and it sure is not the poor staff that is asked to work themselves to death or do it for the love of the students for very low pay, and much disrespect to their professionalism. None of the promise made by school administration/management are kept, their ads are a bunch of lies. All they do is test, test, test, no way to handle disruptions, or bullying, just keep testing them and shoving them back in class and telling them they didn't do well enough. Such a waste of a year for my child.

Posted June 27, 2013
My son went to this school and it was a decision I regret. The school is disorganized, has issues with bullies by the teachers and the students. Their disciplinarian doesn't know how to deal with bullies and tries to seem very understanding but is very ineffective. Too many of the teaches talk rough to the children or act afraid of them, the principal tries to act down to earth and like she on top of things but she is not and unconcerned. The Title I liaison tries to get as many kids as she can marked for special services without being able to define a problem and is rude.

Posted April 26, 2012
I am very pleased with Madison. The staff and the atmosphere makes this a school a place I want my children. The administration is working overtime to improve all areas of the school and each student is valued and important!

Posted April 26, 2012
Madison provides such a warm, caring and positive learning environment for students. The rapport between staff members and administration is wonderful! Madison Academy provides a safe environment for students to learn at their own level. I am truly thankful for such great co-workers, administration and students. I wouldn't choose to work anywhere else!

Posted April 24, 2012
The staff at Madison is truely awesome. The relationships between students, parents, administration is great. The students are the best part of the job. I am honored to be part of a great school

Madison Academy Elementary/Middle School
6170 Torrey Road, Flint, MI  48507
Last modified Madison Academy Elementary/Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison Academy Elementary/Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top