Bad
Good

Both of my kids have been at South, for a total of about 10 years. We love the teachers, administration and school community. They all do a great job of preparing our kids for the future, by holding them accountable for their actions, while empowering them to learn and grow academically and as people. My oldest is now in the Middle School and was so well prepared for the transition because of how great the sixth grade teachers did at preparing them.

I love the lady with the EXTREMELY positive results who loves the school doesnt give 5 starts. Makes me wonder....

My experience at South has been EXTREMELY positive. I find the teachers friendly, approachable and quite capable. We have had 2 girls go through this system and have been very pleased. Their academics are strong and they are well socialized and prepared for their middle and high school years. The teachers and staff deserve credit for their hard work and dedication. This school receives a 10 because of it's standardized testing performance results (which are to be commended). Not because of how parent's 'feel' about the school. The principle will be retiring this year, so that will change, but otherwise I wouldn't change the neighborhood or the school. Love it!

I'm a LEAD student at South Elementary and I've got to say, this is one fantastic elementary school. The teaching methods are both creative and effective; the teachers care beyond the required expectancy for the students, and the atmosphere is upbeat and terrific! I hope that when I have kids, they can attend a school as great as South.

Both of my children have attended South and it is a wonderful school. Excellent caring teachers, sound teaching principals and a wonderful librarian/library program to encourage kids to read! It is a caring, creative and safe environment for children to learn in.

This is a great school. My son has attended pre-school through 2nd grade and we are extremely happy with the teachers, principal and their level of commitment. We are sadly leaving the state and worry about finding a school that will measure up to South!

As a parent of a Multi racial student, I would not recommend this school. My child is a thriving 6year old and now embarrassed of her heritage. Being of Spanish & Native American decent.. She now refuses to speak Spanish 'because her friends do not and they make fun of me' The School's curriculum is not any different than other schools so as a Parent (mother) I will look into a school with more diversity for next year.. Thanks to Schools of Choice!

Last modified Grandville South Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.