Chandler Park Academy - Elementary 4

Posted March 18, 2014
CPA is a great school. My daughter went there for middle and high school. She was involved in many after school activities (Dance Team, Cheer Team, Honor Roll, Drama etc...). The teachers want the best for there students and the administration cares. My daughter has since graduated and is now attending EMU in the nursing program. You get out of it what you put into it. Excellence begets excellence. If you have school age children, I recommend CPA!! Karl

Chandler Park Academy - Elementary 1

Posted April 16, 2013
chandler park academy...i had my child in this school for several years and couldn't wait to get outtttt! if your child is doing well at chandler park its because she's a girl. boys have a difficult time there. in my child's own words the work was too easy and not challenging. i am an advocate and an educator and the schools cirriculum and policy are way beyond expectations. Don't believe it ???Spend some times in the classrooms. I had to write a letter to the people who hold the charter CMU to rectify some local issues, parking police presence ,classroom management, behavior correction policy,etc. No response until i contacted them. In my son's own words the work was not challenging at all. I even had an experience once where my child overheard one teacher telling another oh he's in your class he is so bad! 2 Thumbs doen on care and concern for our children . what do you do when the teachers and administration are bullying the children??? Moving my child was the best mover ever! The best thing about CPA is location location location.

Chandler Park Academy - Elementary 1

Posted April 11, 2013
CPA Middle has definitely gone downhill. The school looks nice, the staff seem professional, but it is no better than a typical DPS school from the 90s. They give you good lip service but that's it. The classrooms are overcrowded & you can't bring home text books. If you have a problem they listen but it takes days to act IF they do. I have had a child there through elementary to middle and my child is not even going to stay any longer. The disruptive students are never expelled. The security staff is very juvenile and only react after problems have already started. A lot of the good teachers have given up & left. Many that stay just try to get through the day. Think about it, classes are about 31 students every 55 minutes. Its about the dollar & not the students. Don't believe me, monitor the school for a week. The Harper Woods Police are called there at least once a week.

Chandler Park Academy - Elementary 2

Posted April 10, 2013
BEWARE!!! I was very satisfied with the elementary school, which is why I let my children go to the middle school. However, a staff member told me that this was not a good school, and although I let my children come to the middle school, definitely do not let them attend the high school. Well lets just say, I am learning that my children should have let CPA after elementary. Some teachers and staff are wonderful but many are terrible, mistreat and talk to the children in a disrespectful manner, and the worst part is the administration backs the staff. I know, I know, but guess what, my children did not have problems getting on the elementary level either.Once they get to middle school, FIND ANOTHER SCHOOL!

Posted September 15, 2011
My children have attented CPA for several years now. We have had nothing but pleasant experiences. They are both honor roll students and the teachers are very committed to giving your child a well rounded educational experience. They most encourage parent involvement and truly live up to the statement that it takes a village to raise a child. The extra curricular activites are outstanding with award winning sports team as well as an oustanding drama department. I would recommend this school for anyone who seriously wants there child to have a successful school life.

Posted September 14, 2011
So far, I have found the staff to be pleasant and very helpful. My son is in the kindergarten and loves to go to school. What I can say is that this is your child and you (the parent) will get out of the school as much as you put into your child. This being said...it can be perceived as a school not caring, but I don't see that. It is just a school that expects the parent(s) to be involved. I am a single parent and I do expect the best for my child. But in order to get the best you must put in the best. So far because I'm giving excellent involvement I'm receiving an excellent experience from the school. So before giving the school a bad grade think about your commitment to the success of your child(ren) and how much you are involved.

Chandler Park Academy - Elementary 2

Posted April 28, 2011
The teachers are great my son been attending CPA elementary for 4 years now and I'm pleased with his grades. 4.0 gpa. The school is have a great curriculum, sports activties and is clean. I have seen a change and the school and that's not for the better as of .... The things I don't like is the staff and the office they are so unpleasant and disrespectful, rude to the parents and don't show No concerns. They don't like to solve things it's like they just brush you off. They don't have no remorse and unconsidered to the parents at times. In the parking lot is still a big mess after school mainly haven't been address yet. The security guards just sit and there cars what's the point! I don't think I could do another year and putting up with this it's stressful on the parents. The parents suppose to feel at ease where the child goes to school. If they could fix those things that I mention then the school would be excellent.

Chandler Park Academy - Elementary 4

Posted October 25, 2010
I believe this to be a very good school. Far better than any other school my daughter has attended. She was a DPS student from pre-k to 5th grade and remained on the honor roll until she moved to 4th grade. We moved her to CPA and she began to excel again. She loves the teachers. She says the teachers are so committed to making sure the students learn. They also have no problem spending extra time assisting students when they are having a hard time understanding assignments. My daughter is now on the National Junior Honor Society and her g.p.a has not dropped below a 3.6. She struggled in math and now when she brings her homework home, she truly understands what she is doing. I love this school.

Posted March 28, 2010
Excellent school, beautiful and clean building, excellent staff that will work with you, and many extra programs for kids.

Chandler Park Academy - Elementary 0

Posted March 24, 2010
I'm not impressed ! I feel suspending 3rd graders and having kids clean and wipe floor as a discipline is ridiculous! The upper administration is in denial about the staffs procedures and trying to get assistance is a wild goose chase! Our child will be leaving also! The teacher sent a letter hoe stating she was 'frustrated.'

Chandler Park Academy - Elementary
20200 Kelly Road, Harper Woods, MI  48225
Last modified Chandler Park Academy - Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chandler Park Academy - Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top