Lansing, MI

Wexford Montessori Magnet School 1

Posted January 27, 2012
This school is awesome until you hit 3rd grade. Then it ceases to be an authentic Montessori. Teachers heavily rely on packets, threats and bribes.

Posted July 26, 2010
This is the only school I will send my daughter to. If the format stops working for her, she will be homeschooled!

Wexford Montessori Magnet School 0

Posted November 18, 2009
I love this school. My daughter is very well rounded because of the interaction of the different cultures at this school. The PTA is awesome and bring alot of activities to the children and the parents at this school. Teachers at the school care about the families they work with and will go out of their way to assure learning is the number one goal. In the process of them assuring our children are learning , the parents and staff are continually learning as well. Great School!

Posted April 24, 2009

Wexford Montessori Magnet School 3

Posted December 17, 2008
I love this school. The administration is very chaotic but I love the atmosphere of learning when the teachers are around. It has a free afterschool program for the children. The PTA at this school is amazing and makes you feel welcomed to the community.

Wexford Montessori Magnet School 0

Posted November 12, 2008
This is a fabulous Montessori school! Every teacher has received a Masters Degree and completed Montessori training which is more than some of the private Montessori school require. Wexford has a variety of afterschool programs that are free of charge because of grants received. Each teacher we've dealt with has taken such an interest in the education of our children! Wexford is very welcoming in allowing parents to be in the classrooms when they would like.

Wexford Montessori Magnet School 4

Posted October 31, 2008
We are happy with our choice of Wexford Montessori. The teachers hold masters degrees and we have built healthy partnerships with each teacher our child has had. The principal is educated, appears to care a great deal about the children and has done a lot to improve the school overall from our point of view. We have a good relationship with her as well. We are satisfied that our son is getting what he needs from the method. He is happy to be student at Wexford.

Posted September 02, 2008
I really love the pace of learning. Even though it does not seem as structured as some programs, my kids are far ahead of others in the standard schools.

Posted December 04, 2007
My daughter began attending Wexford in Kindergarden. She thrived! She loved all of the practical life activities that are the center of Montessori education. She learned sounds quicly and now in 1st grade she is learning to read very rapidly. She is also bringing home arithmetic work. They incorporate music, gym, and art as well. And the teachers are very loving and supportive. We would never consider another school!

Wexford Montessori Magnet School 2

Posted August 19, 2003
My child attended this school during the 2001 and 2002 school years. When I raised a concern about my childs lack of academic acheivement, there was immediate teacher and principal involvement. Unfortunately, it didn't last long, and things went back to 'business as usual'. We have decided to move our child.

Wexford Montessori Magnet School
5217 Wexford Road, Lansing, MI  48911
Last modified Wexford Montessori Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wexford Montessori Magnet School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top