Bad
Good

My son has attended Hoover for kindergarten and for 1st grade. His experience has been excellent, both socially and academically. At his age the most important thing to him is his social interactions. He has a secure set of friends and has strong relationships with his teachers. The academics at Hoover have been typical for 1st grade, with the addition of computer lab, art, music, library time and physical education. It is a well rounded education.

Have twin daughters there now. Had a son attend Hoover earlier. Best school ever. Great parent, teacher and admin involvement in all areas. Good community involvement as well. My kids would rate high too. New principal, Mrs. Linn is a down to earth real person who cares for the kids as though they were her own. She practically lives at the school even though she lives an hour away. This school is why we moved to Livonia, 5 years ago, and I am sure glad we did.

I was shocked to see the other postings & not see excellence as their main theme. Hoover is an outstanding school. The Princ., Mrs. Oquist is very involved. She knows almost every one of the 450 kids by name & has lunch with them during their bday month. Teachers rooms have high student numbers, but LPS has school of choice and everyone who isn't happy at their home school always flock to Hoover. When Tyler was closing, many of us decided to enroll our children at Hoover because we had bad vibes about Coolidge (prinicpal/policies/unhappy teachers) . Now, many are pulling their children out of Coolidge left and right. They want Hoover. The teachers at Hoover are invested in their jobs & spend a lot of personal time at events like Bingo Night, Hoot & Hoot, Family Fitness Night. It's a there & I am honored my kids are there.

I was shocked to see the other postings & not see EXCELLENCE as their main theme. Hoover is an outstanding school. The Princ., Mrs. Oquist is very involved. She knows almost every one of the 450 kids by name & has lunch with them during their bday month. Teachers rooms have high student numbers, but LPS has school of choice and everyone who isn't happy at their home school ALWAYS flock to Hoover. When Tyler was closing, many of us decided to enroll our children at Hoover because we had bad vibes about Coolidge (prinicpal/policies/unhappy teachers) . Now, MANY are pulling their children out of Coolidge left and right. They want Hoover. The teachers at Hoover are invested in their jobs & spend a lot of personal time at events like Bingo Night, Hoot & Hoot, Family Fitness Night. It's a there & I am honored my kids are there.

As a parent of a kindergartener, this has been my first experience with public schools. I see the potential and many opportunities this school offers and it is a safe environment. However, I also feel that many students who are below or above average will fail to receive the education they deserve. There is no program for one-on-one children who are not adpapting well, there is no extra challenge for those who are above average students at this age. So far I'm not a big fan of the chaotic day my child experiences. In support of the teachers, it seems they have to squeeze too much in to a 3 hour day. (I'm not suggesting full days) What happened to going outside and having free time? Hoping the future restores my confidence in this school.

Last modified Hoover Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.