Posted April 06, 2011
My son has attended Hoover for kindergarten and for 1st grade. His experience has been excellent, both socially and academically. At his age the most important thing to him is his social interactions. He has a secure set of friends and has strong relationships with his teachers. The academics at Hoover have been typical for 1st grade, with the addition of computer lab, art, music, library time and physical education. It is a well rounded education.

Posted April 03, 2011
Have twin daughters there now. Had a son attend Hoover earlier. Best school ever. Great parent, teacher and admin involvement in all areas. Good community involvement as well. My kids would rate high too. New principal, Mrs. Linn is a down to earth real person who cares for the kids as though they were her own. She practically lives at the school even though she lives an hour away. This school is why we moved to Livonia, 5 years ago, and I am sure glad we did.

Posted March 02, 2010

Hoover Elementary School 0

Posted April 11, 2008
I was shocked to see the other postings & not see excellence as their main theme. Hoover is an outstanding school. The Princ., Mrs. Oquist is very involved. She knows almost every one of the 450 kids by name & has lunch with them during their bday month. Teachers rooms have high student numbers, but LPS has school of choice and everyone who isn't happy at their home school always flock to Hoover. When Tyler was closing, many of us decided to enroll our children at Hoover because we had bad vibes about Coolidge (prinicpal/policies/unhappy teachers) . Now, many are pulling their children out of Coolidge left and right. They want Hoover. The teachers at Hoover are invested in their jobs & spend a lot of personal time at events like Bingo Night, Hoot & Hoot, Family Fitness Night. It's a there & I am honored my kids are there.

Posted April 11, 2008
I was shocked to see the other postings & not see EXCELLENCE as their main theme. Hoover is an outstanding school. The Princ., Mrs. Oquist is very involved. She knows almost every one of the 450 kids by name & has lunch with them during their bday month. Teachers rooms have high student numbers, but LPS has school of choice and everyone who isn't happy at their home school ALWAYS flock to Hoover. When Tyler was closing, many of us decided to enroll our children at Hoover because we had bad vibes about Coolidge (prinicpal/policies/unhappy teachers) . Now, MANY are pulling their children out of Coolidge left and right. They want Hoover. The teachers at Hoover are invested in their jobs & spend a lot of personal time at events like Bingo Night, Hoot & Hoot, Family Fitness Night. It's a there & I am honored my kids are there.

Hoover Elementary School 0

Posted January 24, 2008
As a parent of a kindergartener, this has been my first experience with public schools. I see the potential and many opportunities this school offers and it is a safe environment. However, I also feel that many students who are below or above average will fail to receive the education they deserve. There is no program for one-on-one children who are not adpapting well, there is no extra challenge for those who are above average students at this age. So far I'm not a big fan of the chaotic day my child experiences. In support of the teachers, it seems they have to squeeze too much in to a 3 hour day. (I'm not suggesting full days) What happened to going outside and having free time? Hoping the future restores my confidence in this school.

Hoover Elementary School 4

Posted August 14, 2005
I am very happy with the schedules that this school has. Also the rules that are in place for the kids safety. But something that bothers me is that the principal isn't very close to the students. They may know who she is but that's about it. Also I feel that some kids get left behind, so to speak, if they are in the high percentile of the class. They finish their work and there is nothing else for them to do. So it's almost expected of them to help the students that need some help. There is ALOT of parental envolvement. Some of the parents seem to care more about the attitude of the teachers toward them then how they run their class. This is when the principal should step in and defend the teacher but doesn't seem too. We have some great teachers that need to do their job.

Posted April 04, 2005
Hoover Elementary School is a part of the prestigious Livonia Public School District. Hoover is currently in its second cycle of the North Central Accreditation Process. Instructional goals and strategies at this school are based on 'best practices' recognized throughout the nation. As a result, students' test scores are among the highest in the district and state. In addition to classroom instruction in the core academic areas, all students participate in art, music, physical education, library science, and computer classes. Parent involvement is encouraged and appreciated. Hoover has a very active and supportive PTA. Students may elect to participate in an annual Science Fair sponsored by the PTA. Hoover's PTA also sponsors rollerskating nights and a Fun Fair. Various after school classes take place at the school. These may include Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, gymnastics, dance, and sports classes. Students are afforded the opportunity to attend after school childcare (SACC).

Hoover Elementary School
15900 Levan Road, Livonia, MI  48154
Last modified Hoover Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hoover Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top