Posted August 18, 2014
My son has not even began his school year and already these women here have proved to be nurturing and helpful to a child who was scared and traumatized by a previous school. Their patience was greater than mine and I am looking forward to the year.

Posted April 18, 2014
AMA is a great school of choice. This is our third year and we have been very satisfied. The staff is great and seem to know most if not all of their students. The 2nd grade teachers do not have assistants in their classrooms, which is truly a downfall. This is something that needs to be addressed because the teachers need help in preparing the students to be ready for the common core test in 3rd grade. The assistants never should have been taken out of the 2nd grade classrooms. This is my only complaint, however it is a major concern.

Posted October 22, 2012
Excellent staff that truly loves each and every child. They go out of their way to make the students and parents feel special.

Posted September 24, 2012
AMA has caring, compassionate staff. Every student is important. Staff goes above and beyond to make students and parents comfortable and know that the children are in a safe, loving environment. With the Montessori philosophy and Montessori materials in each classroom, the students thrive in a caring, educational environment. AMA is truly a great school of choice.

American Montessori Academy 4

Posted September 24, 2012
AMA was a great experience for my daughter who attended for 3 years and is doing very well in high school. She is able to apply the strategies she learned at AMA through her teachers and support staff to be an independent learner despite her reading disabilty. I have a kindergardener that statred this year and is adjusting very well. I attribute my childrens successes to the loving and caring staff at AMA.

Posted September 24, 2012
AMA is wonderful school of choice. The Montessori philosophy proves to provide students with the tools they need to be successful independently in their academic career; allowing them to learn at their own pace. The staff is friendly and very knowledgeable. Each teacher genuinely cares about the students and gives them opportunities to strive for excellence! The principal is hard working and very caring of both the staff and students at AMA. A great place to teach and to learn!

Posted September 23, 2012
AMA is a great school. The staff is wonderful and so are the children. My daughter attended AMA for 3 years and has a very good foundation for her learning. Her teacher was the best. She cared about my daughter and supported her learning. The school as a whole is very organized and has many policies and procedures in place. I felt comfortable dropping her off each day because I knew she would be in a safe environment where she could learn and grow.

Posted February 07, 2012
My husband and I are so happy with this school. Our daughter loves her teacher as well as many other people on staff, and she is so happy to go to school every day. It is also a relief to know that our daughter is at a very safe and caring school. And we are amazed at all that she is learning everyday.

Posted January 27, 2012
This school offers a wonderful, peace-based culture and sense of community like I have never seen before. The curriculum is designed to be customized to each child, and the kids learn ownership and responsibility for their educational goals. This school has been a life-saver for my sons, and the growth and transformation they have achieved thanks to the dedication of the teachers and the support of the administration will make me forever a fan.

American Montessori Academy 2

Posted November 30, 2011
The teachers are wonderful at the school. They are proactive, engaging and helpful for the students. The administration at the Lower Elementary is awful. I thought about pulling my child from the Lower Academy because all the mayhem the administration brings. They are passive aggressive and not very welcoming. I decided to keep my child in the school, because they only had one more year to they graduated to the Upper Academy. The Upper Academy is wonderful!

American Montessori Academy
14800 Middlebelt Rd, Livonia, MI  48154
Last modified American Montessori Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-2
American Montessori Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews.