American Montessori Academy 1

Posted October 20, 2014
If your child has an IEP or any learning disability this school would not be the best choice for her/him. They cannot handle these types of situations and lack training, experience, knowledge and more than anything...patience.

American Montessori Academy 1

Posted October 20, 2014
I am frustrated with the administration and lack of support not only for children but staff members attempting to help children who require extra attention and care.

Posted October 17, 2014
AMA is an amazing school. They offer music art and PE during school hours, and everything from Spanish, karate, Zumba, Cheerleading and golf as after school electives. I love it. I can honestly say it is probably the best elementary school in Livonia or Farmington Hills because the parents are so involved and the teachers are so wonderful. It is also a Michigan Rewards school, scoring in the 96th percentile this year! I am extremely happy with our decision to send my son here.

Posted August 18, 2014
My son has not even began his school year and already these women here have proved to be nurturing and helpful to a child who was scared and traumatized by a previous school. Their patience was greater than mine and I am looking forward to the year.

Posted April 18, 2014
AMA is a great school of choice. This is our third year and we have been very satisfied. The staff is great and seem to know most if not all of their students. The 2nd grade teachers do not have assistants in their classrooms, which is truly a downfall. This is something that needs to be addressed because the teachers need help in preparing the students to be ready for the common core test in 3rd grade. The assistants never should have been taken out of the 2nd grade classrooms. This is my only complaint, however it is a major concern.

Posted October 22, 2012
Excellent staff that truly loves each and every child. They go out of their way to make the students and parents feel special.

Posted September 24, 2012
AMA has caring, compassionate staff. Every student is important. Staff goes above and beyond to make students and parents comfortable and know that the children are in a safe, loving environment. With the Montessori philosophy and Montessori materials in each classroom, the students thrive in a caring, educational environment. AMA is truly a great school of choice.

American Montessori Academy 4

Posted September 24, 2012
AMA was a great experience for my daughter who attended for 3 years and is doing very well in high school. She is able to apply the strategies she learned at AMA through her teachers and support staff to be an independent learner despite her reading disabilty. I have a kindergardener that statred this year and is adjusting very well. I attribute my childrens successes to the loving and caring staff at AMA.

Posted September 24, 2012
AMA is wonderful school of choice. The Montessori philosophy proves to provide students with the tools they need to be successful independently in their academic career; allowing them to learn at their own pace. The staff is friendly and very knowledgeable. Each teacher genuinely cares about the students and gives them opportunities to strive for excellence! The principal is hard working and very caring of both the staff and students at AMA. A great place to teach and to learn!

Posted September 23, 2012
AMA is a great school. The staff is wonderful and so are the children. My daughter attended AMA for 3 years and has a very good foundation for her learning. Her teacher was the best. She cared about my daughter and supported her learning. The school as a whole is very organized and has many policies and procedures in place. I felt comfortable dropping her off each day because I knew she would be in a safe environment where she could learn and grow.

American Montessori Academy
14800 Middlebelt Road, Livonia, MI  48154
Last modified American Montessori Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-2
American Montessori Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top