Posted May 18, 2015
AMA Lower is an excellent school! The staff are engaging, families are involved, and children are truly happy to go to school here. My child will be a kindergarten student at American Montessori Academy in September and I couldn't be more thrilled that she will be part of the AMA family. This is hands-down one of the best schools in Livonia!

Posted April 19, 2015
I work at AMA! I am proud to be a part of an organization that has the best teachers, leadership and most of all vision for students. On several occasions, teachers go out of their way to help and support children and families. Everyone works as a team and support each other. It feels good to come to work everyday and feel a part of positive change and learning in someone's life! Please come and visit our school so you can truly feel what we are about and don't make judgements without experiencing the modern Montessori education!
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 18, 2015
To the lady who made the comment below; obviously you have been misinformed. The so called teacher who you speak so poorly of, is actually one of the most brightest and amazing teachers out there. If you are so inclined to make such accusations and comments, I suggest you do not do it on a public site where slander and libel can be held against you. Every teacher has their own method; and you have issues with said teacher, speak to them directly rather than indirectly on a public forum. Thank you and have a good day
6 people found this helpful

Posted February 22, 2015
I love AMA its a great school. I love my daughters teacher and the whole staff of the school is great. My daughter loves it also no complaints :)
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 23, 2014
I love this school. I have a 4th grader that started in 2nd grade and also have a 1st grader currently attending AMA. I love the staff. I feel that they are very accommodating to both my children. We left Jane Addams to attend this school My son was in Second Grade. My experience was 180 degrees different at AMA. At Jane Addams, my son was constantly in the Principals Office, and even suspended in first grade! It was like they didn't know what to do with him there. We started at AMA for Second Grade and my son had a completely different experience. He was encouraged to do his best! They accommodated his special needs in the classroom. He loved school again! He is now at Upper Elementary in the 4th grade and still loving school. My second son started AMA Lower Elementary in Kindergarten. He loves school. He gets the special attention he needs and extra assistance for reading. I couldn't ask for a better experience. I highly recommend AMA!!!

American Montessori Academy 1

Posted October 20, 2014
If your child has an IEP or any learning disability this school would not be the best choice for her/him. They cannot handle these types of situations and lack training, experience, knowledge and more than anything...patience.
4 people found this helpful

Posted October 17, 2014
AMA is an amazing school. They offer music art and PE during school hours, and everything from Spanish, karate, Zumba, Cheerleading and golf as after school electives. I love it. I can honestly say it is probably the best elementary school in Livonia or Farmington Hills because the parents are so involved and the teachers are so wonderful. It is also a Michigan Rewards school, scoring in the 96th percentile this year! I am extremely happy with our decision to send my son here.

Posted August 18, 2014
My son has not even began his school year and already these women here have proved to be nurturing and helpful to a child who was scared and traumatized by a previous school. Their patience was greater than mine and I am looking forward to the year.

Posted April 18, 2014
AMA is a great school of choice. This is our third year and we have been very satisfied. The staff is great and seem to know most if not all of their students. The 2nd grade teachers do not have assistants in their classrooms, which is truly a downfall. This is something that needs to be addressed because the teachers need help in preparing the students to be ready for the common core test in 3rd grade. The assistants never should have been taken out of the 2nd grade classrooms. This is my only complaint, however it is a major concern.

American Montessori Academy 1

Posted November 09, 2012
Pulling my child out and putting her back in public school. I thought my daughter was not challenged enough in public school and that she might have a better opportunity to work ahead here. That might be the case if it weren't for the MAJOR behavior issues. Staff spends more time dealing with obnoxious, mouthy kids and have no time to teach. At least at public school I noticed consequences for bad behavior, not pacifying parents.

American Montessori Academy
14800 Middlebelt Road, Livonia, MI  48154
Last modified American Montessori Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-2
American Montessori Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top