American Montessori Academy 1

Posted March 28, 2015
Recently my opinion of the school has changed your principal has no backbone and the new teachers that you are bringing in have no experience and seem to be on a power trip in regards to teaching their students there is one particular fourth-grade teacher that as punishment has taken away science with the kids instead they sit with their heads on their desk for an hour and a have had recess taken away for 4 days now Kids are faking being sick so that they do not have to go to school parents are taking their kids out of the school teachers are being fired for no good reason or are leaving because of the non-leadership of the school I would never recommend the school to any parent
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 22, 2015
I love AMA its a great school. I love my daughters teacher and the whole staff of the school is great. My daughter loves it also no complaints :)

Posted November 23, 2014
I love this school. I have a 4th grader that started in 2nd grade and also have a 1st grader currently attending AMA. I love the staff. I feel that they are very accommodating to both my children. We left Jane Addams to attend this school My son was in Second Grade. My experience was 180 degrees different at AMA. At Jane Addams, my son was constantly in the Principals Office, and even suspended in first grade! It was like they didn't know what to do with him there. We started at AMA for Second Grade and my son had a completely different experience. He was encouraged to do his best! They accommodated his special needs in the classroom. He loved school again! He is now at Upper Elementary in the 4th grade and still loving school. My second son started AMA Lower Elementary in Kindergarten. He loves school. He gets the special attention he needs and extra assistance for reading. I couldn't ask for a better experience. I highly recommend AMA!!!

American Montessori Academy 1

Posted October 20, 2014
If your child has an IEP or any learning disability this school would not be the best choice for her/him. They cannot handle these types of situations and lack training, experience, knowledge and more than anything...patience.
3 people found this helpful

Posted October 17, 2014
AMA is an amazing school. They offer music art and PE during school hours, and everything from Spanish, karate, Zumba, Cheerleading and golf as after school electives. I love it. I can honestly say it is probably the best elementary school in Livonia or Farmington Hills because the parents are so involved and the teachers are so wonderful. It is also a Michigan Rewards school, scoring in the 96th percentile this year! I am extremely happy with our decision to send my son here.

Posted August 18, 2014
My son has not even began his school year and already these women here have proved to be nurturing and helpful to a child who was scared and traumatized by a previous school. Their patience was greater than mine and I am looking forward to the year.

Posted April 18, 2014
AMA is a great school of choice. This is our third year and we have been very satisfied. The staff is great and seem to know most if not all of their students. The 2nd grade teachers do not have assistants in their classrooms, which is truly a downfall. This is something that needs to be addressed because the teachers need help in preparing the students to be ready for the common core test in 3rd grade. The assistants never should have been taken out of the 2nd grade classrooms. This is my only complaint, however it is a major concern.

Posted October 22, 2012
Excellent staff that truly loves each and every child. They go out of their way to make the students and parents feel special.

Posted September 24, 2012
AMA has caring, compassionate staff. Every student is important. Staff goes above and beyond to make students and parents comfortable and know that the children are in a safe, loving environment. With the Montessori philosophy and Montessori materials in each classroom, the students thrive in a caring, educational environment. AMA is truly a great school of choice.

American Montessori Academy 4

Posted September 24, 2012
AMA was a great experience for my daughter who attended for 3 years and is doing very well in high school. She is able to apply the strategies she learned at AMA through her teachers and support staff to be an independent learner despite her reading disabilty. I have a kindergardener that statred this year and is adjusting very well. I attribute my childrens successes to the loving and caring staff at AMA.

American Montessori Academy
14800 Middlebelt Road, Livonia, MI  48154
Last modified American Montessori Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-2
American Montessori Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top