Posted March 04, 2014
This school has great community involvement. The principal has handled any problem we have had wonderfully and quickly.

Posted September 09, 2013
This is a review of the office staff. They are not knowledgeable and need training to stay up to date. We were told that our State issued Birth Certificate was not indeed a birth certificate. Very rude, told us to call the county to get a real birth certificate. Well, it turns out this is a real birth certificate. Sorry to the incompetent office staff who can't read.

Posted February 26, 2013
My daughter started here in the fall of 2012 and I must say it has been a wonderful experience so far! She is already reading and is so happy to go to school every morning. Her Kindergarten teacher is so dedicated and works so hard with the students. The new principal is amazing and I attribute the positive environment to his great leadership skills. The activities are endless and well I cant say enough about Mohawk!!

Posted October 28, 2012
I LOVE Mohawk! After six years at the school, my kids have experienced many of the teachers and we've enjoyed them all. My oldest son just started middle school this year and we're finding that he was definitely well-prepared by Mohawk's teachers. Also, for my middle child who struggled with reading and fine motor skills, but not enough to qualify for special education services, Mohawk provided very effective remediation instruction which has helped him "catch up" to his classmates. Very happy overall with Mohawk!!!

Posted September 18, 2008
I just moved my child to this school, and so far I am pleasantly surprised. Our third grade teacher has been wonderful. My child is very happy at Mohawk, and they have been great about challenging her academically.

Mohawk Elementary School 4

Posted August 17, 2008

Posted October 07, 2007
the quality of academic programs at Mohawk for the past 4 years are not acceptable, the teachers need to be held accountable. Extracurricular activities are above average. Parent involvement? What parent involvement, I have tried to volunteer for 4 years and only was welcomed 4 times, once a year. Teachers do not want the parents ionvloved because then everyone will know what they are not teaching our children.

Mohawk Elementary School 3

Posted September 18, 2007
I'm pretty pleased with this school so far, my kids are reading and they have just started 1st grade.

Mohawk Elementary School 0

Posted September 04, 2007
Oh my god! since we moved to our new house, and my kids went to Mohawk i had such a problem with this school. At one point they told me that my son has ADHD when i have him tested with 4-5 different doctor's psychiatrist, all comes back negative..I was so upset and call her back and start questioning on how they handle the kids in this school. this just proves to me that this school is not capable of teaching any children.

Posted August 13, 2007
Our child only went to kindergarten here and it was the longest year of his (and our) lives. The teacher had favorites from the very beginning. When phone calls came home she was defensive and very condescending. The principal does not have a clue what is going on in the school. This school is a disgrace. We will never be back.

Mohawk Elementary School
48101 Romeo Plank Road, Macomb, MI  48044
Last modified Mohawk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mohawk Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top