Madison Heights, MI

Simonds Elementary School 2

Posted August 04, 2014
Moved my child to a different school. Poor test scores, and no sign of a solid curriculum. Just a reading program that doesnt work (look at the test scores). School has a bullying problem thats not properly addressed. Nice teachers and staff but i was dissapointed.

Posted October 08, 2013
This school is amazing.The teachers are kind and teach very well.Most of the kids that attend are responsible and work hard.I should know I went there and it is probably the best school in the district.

Posted August 25, 2013
Simonds is a wonderful school with excellent academic programs and support. All the teachers are highly qualified and teach the curriculum wth the Common Core standards in mind. They also have an amazing RTI program that gives quality literacy instruction to early learners. I am amazed at how the school goes above and beyond to meet the needs of each child.

Simonds Elementary School 2

Posted June 11, 2013
This has been my experience. I don't look to bash the school. I just don't think it was a fit for my family. Be sure to do your own research about the school before admitting your child. Pros: The fundraisers are elaborate and a lot of money is raised for the school during the year. The Parent/Teacher organization is very active and really supports the school. When asked to volunteer and donate, the parents are very generous. Most staff are very friendly Cons: The reading and math test scores are really low. The structure of the curriculum did not help foster my child's strengths and did little help for my child's challenges My child's class did not use textbooks. The worked from worksheets and the children did not com home with any daily lessons/notes they learned from school. The support the school provides for children who need help with reading does not seem to help much A parent needs to reach out the teachers for feedback about their children. There does not seem to be any consequences for bad behavior. The leadership of the principal is poor It is not clear how much of fundraiser money goes directly to support academically

Posted October 12, 2008
I love the school its a great school and my son is in the 5th grade there and he is doing so well since we move to the lamphere school district his teacher and good and very warm and nice and i appreciate all that they do for my son.

Simonds Elementary School 4

Posted June 12, 2007
I love the schools small class sizes. I wish they had more to offer in the way of gym, art,(They only get art about once a month or less) music, etc. Also wish they had a gifted and talented program.

Simonds Elementary School
30000 Rose Street, Madison Heights, MI  48071
Last modified Simonds Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Simonds Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top