Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Director is rarely there. The older secretary is mean and not helpful, she does as little as possible and seems to dislike her job! There is miscommunication between the office and teachers on a regular basis. Kids run amuck aimlessly throughout the day. When you look in classrooms you notice some children working while the others ( in different grades,) have nothing to challenge them. This school is not challenging for most students and just highly unorganized all the way around!

I would not recommend this school for your child. I was a student since it had opened (2nd-8th grades) and now that I am a highschool student, I realized that going to public school would have been a much better approach for me. The test scores are below average and I've seen many kids falling behind. The music, athletic, and language departments are a joke. I remember taking a drum enrichment for 6 months and when school was out, I went to take drumming lessons somewhere else and learned more in two weeks than i did with their terrible drum enrichment. in middle school and upper elementary they make you learn latin which I do not find beneficial in any way, and the latin teacher is terrible and does not know what she is doing. The main part of this that really disturbs me is their lack of competitive sports. For elementary students, they only get gym once a week with a mediocre teacher who acts like a drill sergeant at all times. It seems that they aren't willing to Invest much into extra curricular activities and all they care about is their inferior curriculum (which is an insult to the traditional Montessori method). I am giving this 2 stars because of the friendships I made their and for the 2 teachers that I found legitimate. The reason most 5 star reviews are in febuary is because that is when the corrupt principal sent out an email the said you would get a reward if you rated this school 5 stars. If your child is interested in any extra curricular activity, then I wouldn't recommend sending your kid here

This school. My whole family went here and at first it was headed in a great direction. But then, I got into middle school and it went down from there. Once a kid gets into the middle school their whole perspective will change. The only thing I appreciated during my 7th-8th grade years were honestly the teachers. I also saw behavior in my peers that was not taken care of to a suitable amount or taken way out of proportion (i.e. bullying and other things that a student should absolutely not have to experience or getting a discipline note for not understanding something). But, middle school aside, my experience in elementary was good. The principal bribes the parents in emails with prizes for good reviews. If I were you I would not bring my kid here.

I had been at this school for practically six years, 3rd-8th grade. It was a great school when it first opened. My education was valued and the teachers seemed to care quite a lot. I was most always listened to. Though, this all changed once I hit middle school. The teachers were awesome, don't get me wrong, but the academics in 7th and 8th grade became less challenging, and less Montessori like. Also, unlike lower and upper-el, our views as middle schools students weren't taken seriously by the rest of the school. Because we are teenagers, we were given the stereotype that whatever we would would do would most likely be up to no good. Besides the two major field trips for the middle schoolers each year, there wasn't anything else for us to do as a middle school community. Yes, there were school dances, but they were definitely not ideal for middle schoolers as most of the children were ten and the atmosphere was mediocre. We as a middle school overall seemed to be not cared about or taken seriously. Overall, this is a good school, just not the ideal place for your child to be going into middle school. The plus sides about this middle school is again, the teachers are great. Even though it seemed like the rest of the school didn't care about us, they did. Also, there was a lot of diversity in the middle school, but we still all managed to get along. It was like we were all a family. There was little to no bullying what-so-ever. Now if you want to enroll your child into a school that has above average academics, sports, and more opportunities for your child, (after school clubs, orchestra, band, etc) then this is not the place for your upcoming 7th and/or 8th grader. The after care program is awful. Besides one teacher there that was excellent. It was just awful for anyone over the age of eleven. I would love to put at least three stars, but the principal of this school is a joke. She only cares about the numbers and what's her paycheck at the end of the day. Once they get rid of her, then maybe this school will excel.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My teachers seemed more like friends to me, which some may view as a bad thing, but they got their job done, and they, and myself both had fun along the way. I'm not fond of the school, but the teachers are people I'll never forget.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Yeah, I'm that one kid that always wants more homework. Math was the only thing given out as homework. All work had to be done at school, unless you didn't finish, then it would be given as homework. Which I do believe is a good idea, debut some days I actually wanted some work to do after school.

Develops character: Disagree

I'm torn because this school had offered me such things, until I reached middle school.

It is important my children attend a school that nurtures the WHOLE child, and we found such a school in Four Corners. Their teachers care about them as people, respecting their academic, social, and emotional growth. FCMA's focus is on creating an independent learner, and I appreciate the care and attention my childrens' teachers put forth in helping them grow each day. This is a humble, caring school with a staff that is highly committed to students. With regard to the negative comments here, I would urge parents who are looking into FCMA to come to the school and see if it is a good fit for your family. Many of the negative comments are simply untrue, or based on a perspective that illustrates the school wasn't a good fit. And, to clarify, the head of school lead a campaign to encourage parents to write reviews on this site, but said nothing of what types of reviews to write. It's simply not her style. Four Corners is a very special school, one in which my children thrive. I am grateful!

My child is going into 4th grade and has been there since 1st grade. FCMA is the most authentic public Montessori program in the area. The staff and administration are fabulous.

We love FCMA! My sons are heading into 1st and 2nd grade, having started there in pre-school. The teachers are dedicated, both leads and assistants, the head of school really cares about your child and their success, not something that is evident in all schools. The school requires a minimal amount of volunteer hours, on any day you will see parents in the school helping, it is a very involved community, which we love. There is emphasis on character at this school, something that is tough to measure on a test score. While the school lacks sports, it does have after school enrichments like band, cooking, dance classes, etc. While you pay for field trips, my children have been exposed to ballet and the DSO, which have been cool experiences for them. Ultimately, what you and your child put in, is what you get out of this school.

Last modified Four Corners Montessori Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.