Posted October 22, 2014
Wonderful school, caring teachers that go the extra mile to make the most of every child's education and help each child on an individual basis. My son's have gone through the preschool and are now in elementary I take comfort in knowing the staff genuinely cares about my childrens' education, their heart and character, and faith as much as I do. Excellent academics in a Christian setting. Highly recommended.

Calvary Baptist Academy 2

Posted July 27, 2014
First of all, the faculty is wonderful. They are "called" on a spriitual level to help kids learn and grow. The academics are decent. They do seem to experience a lot of turnover in the math and science departments. English department is out of this world excellent. That said - I would never send my kids to the school I spent the majority of my childhood at. They really press kids into one path for college (there are only four colleges that are worth attending - and none of them excel academically). There is also an unfortunate amount politics based on the church you attend and whether you are related to a teacher. No room to debate politics, bible interpretation or social issues. I was taught Catholicism was a Cult. Isn't education about discussion and learning? I want my kids to have to think for themselves not go to Bob Jones boot camp.

Posted February 26, 2014
Please ignore the libtard Troll that left the one star rating. The people at this school are super nice, and productive members of the community, unlike the hateful troll that with the one star review

Posted January 20, 2012
The teachers at this school truly care about the children. I have a son and two daughters who attend. One daughter has dyslexia and the teachers work with her knowing her situation. Top notch school.

Posted January 17, 2009
Class of 2009 - All American Christian Kids with a total class average ACT score of 28. I'm very pleased with the contribution this school has made to my kid's lives.

Calvary Baptist Academy 0

Posted October 12, 2008
2 stars! They need to focus on not making everything about politics! Stop showing favorites of the teacher's kids!

Posted June 12, 2008
As a former student who attended public school until 10th grade, I appreciate and recognize the dramatically different attitude of teachers and peers. The environment is ideal for those who want to learn and who want to grow spiritually. Highly recommended!

Posted August 21, 2006
A graduate of Calvary, I am delighted to send my children to the preschool at CBA. The teaching staff is top-notch. I wouldn't entrust the care of my children to anyone else. The students are exposed to a well-rounded curriculum in a loving environment. Parents can be as envolved as they want to be. I recommend this school to everyone.

Posted August 05, 2005

Posted February 12, 2005
Both of my children graduated from CBA and it was a fantastic experience for both. My daughter was a good atudent and she was motivated to excell. Friends she made ther will last a lifetime. My son had academic difficulties, but teachers worked with him--he graduated from college last December. I cannot say enough about the loving spirit there. The sports and music programs are absolutely excellent. Drama is also fantastic (annual Choir-Drama Tour). Best of all is a sincere and refreshing spiritual depth of Christian values--including creationism! Highly recommended!

Calvary Baptist Academy
6100 Pevrie Rd, Midland, MI  48640
Last modified Calvary Baptist Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Calvary Baptist Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top