PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

I had attended this school some time ago and it's a wonderful school. As long as you're Christian. I know that if you don't want to send your kid to a private school, then don't. But it's almost like they take it to a new level, with no room to discuss opinions on social matters and political matters. I remember in a elementary year a teacher asked if we were republicans or democrats. We were like 8, how are we supposed to know the difference? At first I said democrat thinking it meant Republican and everyone starred at me in horror (I realized my mistake). Overall, this school is good if you want to shove your views down your kids throats. The teachers and education however, is spot on especially for a Michigan school. If private school is your thing, I'd recommend it.

Wonderful school, caring teachers that go the extra mile to make the most of every child's education and help each child on an individual basis. My son's have gone through the preschool and are now in elementary I take comfort in knowing the staff genuinely cares about my childrens' education, their heart and character, and faith as much as I do. Excellent academics in a Christian setting. Highly recommended.

First of all, the faculty is wonderful. They are "called" on a spriitual level to help kids learn and grow. The academics are decent. They do seem to experience a lot of turnover in the math and science departments. English department is out of this world excellent. That said - I would never send my kids to the school I spent the majority of my childhood at. They really press kids into one path for college (there are only four colleges that are worth attending - and none of them excel academically). There is also an unfortunate amount politics based on the church you attend and whether you are related to a teacher. No room to debate politics, bible interpretation or social issues. I was taught Catholicism was a Cult. Isn't education about discussion and learning? I want my kids to have to think for themselves not go to Bob Jones boot camp.

Please ignore the libtard Troll that left the one star rating. The people at this school are super nice, and productive members of the community, unlike the hateful troll that with the one star review

The teachers at this school truly care about the children. I have a son and two daughters who attend. One daughter has dyslexia and the teachers work with her knowing her situation. Top notch school.

Class of 2009 - All American Christian Kids with a total class average ACT score of 28. I'm very pleased with the contribution this school has made to my kid's lives.

2 stars! They need to focus on not making everything about politics! Stop showing favorites of the teacher's kids!

As a former student who attended public school until 10th grade, I appreciate and recognize the dramatically different attitude of teachers and peers. The environment is ideal for those who want to learn and who want to grow spiritually. Highly recommended!

Last modified Calvary Baptist Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.