Howard Community School 1

Posted June 01, 2012
I wouldn't recommend this school to any parent. My child attended this school from K thru 5th grade. I had nothing but problems with the administration. The Reading/Language Arts curriculum was a joke for grade levels 2nd -5th. My child s 2nd and 5th grade teachers were subpar. My child transferred schools at the end of the 1st marking period this year. I took me making 2 phone calls after I waited a month to receive a report card. The school's disciplinary rubric is followed and enforced "unofficially" based on what social circle the parents belong to. This is also true of how your child will be treated. Don't walk away from choosing this school. RUN!

Howard Community School 2

Posted November 01, 2010
My child has a neurological brain disorder. I requested an IEP multiple times over several years and was denied. My child finally got the IEP accomidations after 3 years. The school has a zero tolerance policy for bullying. My child was bullied repeatedly. The bullies were never punished, because one of the bullies was the child of a teacher. I have had several parents tell me similar stories. If the bully is a child of one of the local teachers the rules don't apply to these children. I personally witnessed inappropriate behavior by "a teacher's kid" and the supervising teacher did nothing. So it is a great school if you are a teacher's kid, your child can handle being bullied, and your child doesn't have special needs. The special needs resource teachers are wonderful at this school! They are the key to my child finally getting the education needed to succeed.

Posted May 29, 2009
My son just completed his first year at Howard, and I cannot express in a few words just how great this school really is! His teacher also just completed his first year of teaching, and he is the reason for my son's success. With a great group of teachers and a very understanding principal, I now know why this school is a Blue Ribbon school.

Posted December 15, 2007
The staff become more like family, its an atmospere you can only expect to see and feel after you walk through the doors. This school doesnt look like much on the outside, but what you find on the inside, is truly a life changing experience for students! (and parents).

Posted March 21, 2007

Howard Community School
2788 Mannix Street, Niles, MI  49120
Last modified Howard Community School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Howard Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top