PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I have one child in ECA, with plans to start another next year. I knew absolutely nothing about this school other than what I read here, so this year was really a trial after our local elementary had higher ratios and lacked the organization I grew accustomed to with daycare. I interviewed a handful of provided references, all of which were stellar, piquing my curiosity about this school reviewed so highly. Tuition is notably higher than the religious schools in the area. That said, my child loves ECA, can't wait to go back each day, has advanced so well in three months we are astounded - speaks Spanish to strangers overheard natively speaking. The school thoroughly assesses children, breaks them up into different groups consciously changing subgroups to ensure the children do not infer anything about the pairings and will ask various questions of those children based on skill. There is a dedicated STEM teacher and overlays who pull students to participate in creative projects. Conferences are organized, with examples of progress and concerns mapped throughout the period to demonstrate aptitude. Older classes mentor younger ones via reading, etc. There is a small community / family feel about it. Parents / grandparents are encouraged to join Friday lunch. Siblings can eat together. Highly recommend.

As a parent of two boys attending Eagle Creek Academy, we are very happy with what the school has to offer. We appreciate the small class sizes, and we are 100% satisfied with the high quality curriculum, with the teachers' helpfulness and positive, one-on-one individualized learning, and the variety of learning activities available throughout the school to each and every individual student. The kindergarten teachers, Mrs. Pinson and Mrs. Widgren, are amazing teachers. They are attentive, positive, energetic, friendly, and appreciate each individual student's abilities and style of learning. They tailor each child's learning path, and give individualized attention to each individual child. It is with this type of individualized teaching that my children are successful in class and are learning so much. I would recommend Eagle Creek Academy to every family and parent out there. It is the best of the best.

I was invited to attend the science fair at Eagle Creek this past winter. As a retired educator, I was curious to see the science program at Eagle Creek. I have never been at a Science Fair quite like this one! As we visited each grade level we were invited to do hands on activities which reinforced the concepts being learned at that level. I was impressed on many levels. Student knowledge and ability to communicate the scientific concepts was the highlight. I learned new things, met great kids, nice families and teachers who very quietly directed the presentations. I thought I was attending a Science Fair like so many I had attended over the years. Instead I spent a fun evening with families, children and teachers who were sharing ideas and concepts in a way that involved their visitors and kept them actively engaged. Clearly the hallmark of creative teaching and learning.

No school is perfect but the key, I believe, is to find the perfect fit for your child. My children have attended ECA for many years, one has even moved on to be very well prepared for high school - she feels high school is easy compared to her classes at ECA. I love the small group sizes and the fantastic teachers. I have seen my children blossom and grow in a safe, nurturing environment. I would recommend visiting this school to see if it is the right fit for your family.

I enrolled my daughter in Eagle Creek after what I thought was careful research. She went into 1st grade from a public school. From the start the school was very intolerant of having to catch her up to the other children who had a small class in Kindergarten which meant they got further ahead than my daughter did in her Bloomfield Public School. The teacher and both principals wanted nothing to do with coming up with a plan to help my daughter who was a little behind and left it up to us as parents to get a tutor. We ended up leaving the school a month after we started and ended up in a fabulous school that is the personal experience we wanted. Turns out after just three days at the new school the teacher said she has vision issues which was confirmed and are totally correctable. They made her feel horrible at 6 years old for not being able to keep up with the other kids perfectly. I have been told by several school districts that they were very negligent about the way they handled my daughters academic and emotional needs. I do not recommend this school at all especially since you are supposed to be paying for a more personalized and sensitive experience.

Making the decision on schooling for our children has been a tough task but a much rewarding one at the same time. I would assume the same for any parents considering the education of their children. For us, there is no compromise on higher education. After reviewing schools and attending open houses, our decision was to enroll our daughter at Eagle Creek Academy which was always at the top of our list. Our decision has begun to be a very comforting. It's amazing to know that our daughter is amongst such a great group of children that are so remarkably on track academically and socially. Our daughter is really excelling in her ability to learn and has received praise at the first awards ceremony! The children are being challenged and are learning everyday by such a positive group of teachers that have the children's best interests in their minds at all times. Does Mrs. Pinson ever stop smiling!?!? We have become friends with many parents who share the same goals for their children as we do for ours. Thank you to all the staff at Eagle Creek Academy! We are very happy with our decision and look forward to our children's learning with you!

Eagle Creek Academy is a great school with great children! The strong academics, small class sizes, caring and dedicated teachers, create the perfect atmosphere to learn. My son enjoys going to school every day, and he is consistently being challenged and encouraged. The school environment is beautiful and calming. It has been a wonderful opportunity for my son.

I have had a child enrolled at Eagle Creek for serveral years. We could not be happier with our choice. The teachers are excellant. They really care about their students and take a very caring roll in teaching, yet they continually challenge the students. Eagle Creek has a very family-friendly close-knit enviroment. They welcome all with open arms. We have fund-raisers every year that teach the children about giving back to the community. There are a lot of activities for the kids after school and extended field trips. Every year there is a camp- out for 3 days and last year the 5th-8th grade went to Space Camp. It has been a great experience for my child. The administration is very approachable with questions or concerns regarding your child. We made the right choice...

Eagle Creek Academy is an OUTSTANDING choice for your children. Both my daughters have had amazingly positive experiences in ECA's Middle School. They had attended other schools previous to this, and, hands down, this school has been the absolute best. I have worked in education for over 20 years myself and have seen many different approaches to education, so I am a pretty tough critic! This school has met both my daughters' needs perfectly and they are very different learners. The teachers are very positive role models and always make learning fun and memorable. The principal is always available to answer any questions or concerns. She is honest, fair, and wholeheartedly a very caring person who truly wants the best for your child. I feel so fortunate for my girls to have had the experience of attending Eagle Creek Academy!

My daughter is in her fourth school year at Eagle Creek. The Students, The Parents, The Teachers, and the Space/Place are all Wonderful. My daughter is excited to attend and learn and grow every day. The academic environment at Eagle Creek Academy is just amazing on all levels. If Eagle Creek is geographically acceptable, do your kids a favor and visit ECA at their next open house.

Last modified Eagle Creek Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8