Oakland, MI
Before care: Yes

Eagle Creek Academy 1

Posted November 21, 2014
I enrolled my daughter in Eagle Creek after what I thought was careful research. She went into 1st grade from a public school. From the start the school was very intolerant of having to catch her up to the other children who had a small class in Kindergarten which meant they got further ahead than my daughter did in her Bloomfield Public School. The teacher and both principals wanted nothing to do with coming up with a plan to help my daughter who was a little behind and left it up to us as parents to get a tutor. We ended up leaving the school a month after we started and ended up in a fabulous school that is the personal experience we wanted. Turns out after just three days at the new school the teacher said she has vision issues which was confirmed and are totally correctable. They made her feel horrible at 6 years old for not being able to keep up with the other kids perfectly. I have been told by several school districts that they were very negligent about the way they handled my daughters academic and emotional needs. I do not recommend this school at all especially since you are supposed to be paying for a more personalized and sensitive experience.

Posted November 19, 2012
Making the decision on schooling for our children has been a tough task but a much rewarding one at the same time. I would assume the same for any parents considering the education of their children. For us, there is no compromise on higher education. After reviewing schools and attending open houses, our decision was to enroll our daughter at Eagle Creek Academy which was always at the top of our list. Our decision has begun to be a very comforting. It's amazing to know that our daughter is amongst such a great group of children that are so remarkably on track academically and socially. Our daughter is really excelling in her ability to learn and has received praise at the first awards ceremony! The children are being challenged and are learning everyday by such a positive group of teachers that have the children's best interests in their minds at all times. Does Mrs. Pinson ever stop smiling!?!? We have become friends with many parents who share the same goals for their children as we do for ours. Thank you to all the staff at Eagle Creek Academy! We are very happy with our decision and look forward to our children's learning with you!

Posted November 18, 2012
Eagle Creek Academy is a great school with great children! The strong academics, small class sizes, caring and dedicated teachers, create the perfect atmosphere to learn. My son enjoys going to school every day, and he is consistently being challenged and encouraged. The school environment is beautiful and calming. It has been a wonderful opportunity for my son.

Posted October 31, 2012
I have had a child enrolled at Eagle Creek for serveral years. We could not be happier with our choice. The teachers are excellant. They really care about their students and take a very caring roll in teaching, yet they continually challenge the students. Eagle Creek has a very family-friendly close-knit enviroment. They welcome all with open arms. We have fund-raisers every year that teach the children about giving back to the community. There are a lot of activities for the kids after school and extended field trips. Every year there is a camp- out for 3 days and last year the 5th-8th grade went to Space Camp. It has been a great experience for my child. The administration is very approachable with questions or concerns regarding your child. We made the right choice...

Posted October 30, 2012
Eagle Creek Academy is an OUTSTANDING choice for your children. Both my daughters have had amazingly positive experiences in ECA's Middle School. They had attended other schools previous to this, and, hands down, this school has been the absolute best. I have worked in education for over 20 years myself and have seen many different approaches to education, so I am a pretty tough critic! This school has met both my daughters' needs perfectly and they are very different learners. The teachers are very positive role models and always make learning fun and memorable. The principal is always available to answer any questions or concerns. She is honest, fair, and wholeheartedly a very caring person who truly wants the best for your child. I feel so fortunate for my girls to have had the experience of attending Eagle Creek Academy!

Posted October 17, 2012
My daughter is in her fourth school year at Eagle Creek. The Students, The Parents, The Teachers, and the Space/Place are all Wonderful. My daughter is excited to attend and learn and grow every day. The academic environment at Eagle Creek Academy is just amazing on all levels. If Eagle Creek is geographically acceptable, do your kids a favor and visit ECA at their next open house.

Posted September 26, 2012
Eagle Creek Academy is, without a doubt, a beautiful and well-appointed facility; however, it is what goes on within our walls that is key to a child s development. The heart and soul of our school is, and always has been, our teachers, our curriculum and our small-group approach to learning. Our pre-school program has been growing by leaps and bounds and, as such, we have had to become more creative with our space. Our new classroom is smaller than our other classrooms, but still larger than those found at other area pre-schools. In addition, it houses a smaller number of students. It is well-equipment with the same educational, free play and dramatic play items found in our other preschool classrooms. Most of the items are brand new. The classroom is bright and cheery and its dedicated bathroom is less than 8 feet away. Our pre-school teachers interface regularly to ensure that our pre-school program is taught consistently across all four classrooms.

Posted April 18, 2012
Eagle Creek Academy has changed academic and social life for my kids. Beyond impressive. My oldest jumped more than 2 reading and math levels within months of attending and continues to thrive. Most important - she LOVES school and the atmosphere at her school and tells me so often. And they're working on International Baccalaureate certification which stresses critical thinking and an integrative approach to subject learning. This will be a big leg up in readying for upper grades. Also, I think it's the BEST tuition deal in the county for private school. Especially for middle school. With competition as it is now in any public or private high school, students MUST emerge from middle school ready to hit the ground running. These small 6, 7, and 8 grade classes focusing students on those critical skills will be ahead of the pack heading to high school.

Eagle Creek Academy 2

Posted February 22, 2012
All I can say is beware...Yes, the facility is amazing, but looking past the surface beauty I wouldn't say there is much there. I'm sure some of the teachers are probably good, but the owner/principal is completely inappropriate. She actually stated to me that ECA did not have a student with learning disabilites. Really? Not one? I find this hard to believe. I seriously question her knowledge and real ability to run a school. She also likes to tell people how much money her family has and this is how she was able to open the school. Again, inappropriate. The class sizes are small...this can be a plus or a negative...little limiting on friendships which is also an important part of the whole school experience.

Posted June 10, 2011
This was our first year at Eagle Creek, and we couldn't be more pleased. Our children were in the third grade and junior kindergarten. We found the environment to be warm, the academics to be challenging but not overwhelming, and the staff was AMAZING. My children LOVED going to school, to the point that they wave to the school if we drive by on days off. Their teachers were not only well educated, but they really fostered my childrens' love of learning, and provided them with a safe, secure, and exciting learning environment. We feel that our expectations as well as our childrens' needs on an academic, social, and emotional level were met and exceeded. The children were encouraged to excel in their studies, and have fun doing so. I love that the classroom max of 28 students, and the student to teacher ratio of 14:1. I appreciate that the principal is consistently looking at ways to improve the school, it's value, and quality, and that she values parent input in those processes. My children felt important, loved, and valued. We feel that they are getting an excellent foundation that they will be able to carry through their school years and into whatever life brings them.

Eagle Creek Academy