Bad
Good

I am currently a junior at lake orion high school and I have never loved a place more, the people here are always caring and help to others and always ready to help others. The faculty here is absolutely amazing and work great with this students. As my third year at LOHS I am astonished at the reviews. Lake orion high is an amazing atmosphere always doing new things. Also, lake Orion has tried there absolute hardest for the teen suicideds to stop, 4 years ago we started a club called SOS this helps all kids in need and somewhere to go to, ever since we started that club there has been no suicides at lake Orion high, hmm surprising you are all going off 6 years ago information. Well all and all, I absolutely love this high school and wouldn't want to be anywhere else living my high school experience, and I would recommend this school to everyone.

This high school has high suicide rates for a reason. In LOHS, you have a diverse set of economic backgrounds that I think are the root cause of its issues. You have rich kids from the outskirts of Clarkston to the trailer park kids and everyone in between. Mean and judgmental popular types pick on kids weak mentally and/or physically. The bullies revel in the despair of their victims. I was bullied elementary through middle school and was lucky to have it stop in high school when I stopped caring. The kids didn't get any nicer they just ignored me and found new victims. I tried my best to protect people but it is impossible to accomplish and the team set in place to do that job care less than they should a large portion do it to enhance their college applications. The homeroom bullying talks are ineffective, it is a vain attempt to seem good in the public eye. I was excluded in that class. I would like to add that they bullied my teacher. It was disgusting; they called her names to her face, did not respect her authority and even provoked her once to the point of tears. However, the teachers are really great, I only had 2 or 3 bad teachers in my time there.

This is the worst school ever. So many drugs are flowing threw the schools in lake Orion. The counselor my son has is horrible. Some good teacher, but I would not recommend this high school for anybody. Or any of the middle or elementary school.

i went to this high school. best atmosphere, teachers care about students. the new program that helps bring things out in the open. it help show what others think and helps us work together. I just graduated and this school will help your student succeed. the school is outstanding, and cracks down hard on those who dont follow the ruls. i felt safe in the school 24/7. very talented teachers and students. thy ar trying to stop the suicide rates. and little by little thy ar working.

Lake Orion High School has surprising reviews, though a number are from parents, so obviously they wouldn't expect there to be negative things. As a current student, I can tell you that the school is insensitive and horrible. Students have no clue about anything outside their own little bubble-- especially other cultures-- and constantly try to cause issues with one another. Staff tries to push a no-bullying, anti-suicide agenda(since Lake Orion has the highest suicide rate in the area), but they seem to utterly fail. Students will report being bullied, only to see the bullies get a mere warning; teachers will completely ignore someone being out-and-out harassed in their class; assemblies will be held about suicide then will be completely forgotten about within a week-- even if staff claims they won't let the point of the assembly "slip under the rug." There really isn't any learning, just teachers having students regurgitate what they've been told onto tests-- half the teachers don't even understand the subject they teach, it appears. If you're considering sending your child here, I'd just forget about it. LOHS is horrible.

My daughter attended this school from 2004 - 2007 and she did well with the block system (I think that's what it was called), where the different classes have same subjects that are applied to math, english, science so it seems to reinforce the topic. The teachers were easily accessed by email so if she had questions after the school day she could get it answered that afternoon/evening instead of calling her friends to possibly end up with the wrong directions.

Large, beautiful building, excellent teachers. It's a very diverse community and kids can express who they are. If you have a child who wants to be academically successful, they have tons of AP classes and anything is possible, from academics, to state of the art sports facilities, and arts and music programs. Love this school.

Because of the family oriented, caring community atmosphere.

What a beautiful school! From the the fantastic staff, teachers, students and parents, could couldn't ask for a more supportive community. Even though the school is very large, it has a small town feel about it. Everyone knows everyone else. A+!

Last modified Lake Orion Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12