Orion Township, MI
Students enrolled: 2,482

Posted March 31, 2015
This high school has high suicide rates for a reason. In LOHS, you have a diverse set of economic backgrounds that I think are the root cause of its issues. You have rich kids from the outskirts of Clarkston to the trailer park kids and everyone in between. Mean and judgmental popular types pick on kids weak mentally and/or physically. The bullies revel in the despair of their victims. I was bullied elementary through middle school and was lucky to have it stop in high school when I stopped caring. The kids didn't get any nicer they just ignored me and found new victims. I tried my best to protect people but it is impossible to accomplish and the team set in place to do that job care less than they should a large portion do it to enhance their college applications. The homeroom bullying talks are ineffective, it is a vain attempt to seem good in the public eye. I was excluded in that class. I would like to add that they bullied my teacher. It was disgusting; they called her names to her face, did not respect her authority and even provoked her once to the point of tears. However, the teachers are really great, I only had 2 or 3 bad teachers in my time there.

Posted January 28, 2015
This is the worst school ever. So many drugs are flowing threw the schools in lake Orion. The counselor my son has is horrible. Some good teacher, but I would not recommend this high school for anybody. Or any of the middle or elementary school.
2 people found this helpful

Lake Orion Community High School 5

Posted July 30, 2012
i went to this high school. best atmosphere, teachers care about students. the new program that helps bring things out in the open. it help show what others think and helps us work together. I just graduated and this school will help your student succeed. the school is outstanding, and cracks down hard on those who dont follow the ruls. i felt safe in the school 24/7. very talented teachers and students. thy ar trying to stop the suicide rates. and little by little thy ar working.

Posted June 06, 2012
Lake Orion High School has surprising reviews, though a number are from parents, so obviously they wouldn't expect there to be negative things. As a current student, I can tell you that the school is insensitive and horrible. Students have no clue about anything outside their own little bubble-- especially other cultures-- and constantly try to cause issues with one another. Staff tries to push a no-bullying, anti-suicide agenda(since Lake Orion has the highest suicide rate in the area), but they seem to utterly fail. Students will report being bullied, only to see the bullies get a mere warning; teachers will completely ignore someone being out-and-out harassed in their class; assemblies will be held about suicide then will be completely forgotten about within a week-- even if staff claims they won't let the point of the assembly "slip under the rug." There really isn't any learning, just teachers having students regurgitate what they've been told onto tests-- half the teachers don't even understand the subject they teach, it appears. If you're considering sending your child here, I'd just forget about it. LOHS is horrible.
2 people found this helpful

Lake Orion Community High School 4

Posted June 03, 2011
My daughter attended this school from 2004 - 2007 and she did well with the block system (I think that's what it was called), where the different classes have same subjects that are applied to math, english, science so it seems to reinforce the topic. The teachers were easily accessed by email so if she had questions after the school day she could get it answered that afternoon/evening instead of calling her friends to possibly end up with the wrong directions.

Posted November 06, 2010
Large, beautiful building, excellent teachers. It's a very diverse community and kids can express who they are. If you have a child who wants to be academically successful, they have tons of AP classes and anything is possible, from academics, to state of the art sports facilities, and arts and music programs. Love this school.

Posted October 13, 2010
Because of the family oriented, caring community atmosphere.

Posted October 03, 2009
What a beautiful school! From the the fantastic staff, teachers, students and parents, could couldn't ask for a more supportive community. Even though the school is very large, it has a small town feel about it. Everyone knows everyone else. A+!

Posted September 19, 2009
Huge supportive community!

Posted July 13, 2009
I resently graduated from Lake Orion Option High school. I also went to Lake Orion High school. I went to Option the last two turms of my senior year, and I went to the high school from freshman year on. I do believe that Lake Orion is a good place to learn. From my experience at Lake Orion, they have many good teachers. They try to make the classes fun so that the kids enjoy the classes. The teacher interact with there kids. I do think if you have to chose what school to send them to it is lake orion because I no for a fast they will get a good education.

495 East Scripps Road, Orion Township, MI  48360
Last modified Lake Orion Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12
Lake Orion Community High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top