Oxford Charter Township, MI

Daniel Axford Elementary School 4

Posted August 19, 2014
All of the prior reviews are correct. This is a great school, but if your child is black or African American you will want to be prepared for a lack of diversity that is very present on a daily basis and not embraced by the parents especially. Your child may be isolated and lonely and the teachers staff and leadership will pretend that it is okay but it is not- so just be aware of this issue. The positive side is academically everything is awesome.

Posted June 04, 2014
DA is a great school. My son is highly autistic and the staff is so amazing and so well equipped to deal with special needs children. They did whatever he needed and went above and beyond what was in his IEP. The teachers are terrific! We had some issues with the principal, but she's gone now. Chinese at the kidnergarden level is my only sad spot since my son had a hard enough time with English. The music teacher is also Chinese so over 1/2 the songs they sang were chinese, but this is to support Oxford's bi-lingual thinking and involvement. This is also only a K-2 year school. Although I loved DA, my son's special needs came up short at the grades 3-5 year school OES. If I had it to do over, I would've stayed with DA for K-2, but then gone to a different school, not OES for grades 3-5, and there's many options with Lakevill and Clear Lake being within 5 miles for other Oxford public school options.

Posted June 24, 2011
Love the staff. Love the school. Love the city. Mrs. Lawler was wonderful with my daughter. The school was very responsive to all questions, etc... I am really excited to have my kids go through the Oxford School System.

Posted October 30, 2009
My Grand children go to this school and iam thrilled with everything they came from a pontiac school and i have seen such a difference in everything even the kids that attend the school they are kids. Pontiac its a different world. teacher care and make sure they get what they need. teachers are very caring.

Posted March 22, 2009
The staff go over and beyond to help students... both of my kids will be there all day long next fall and I look forward to another fun year at DA... where the parents and staff work together to help students succeed and reach their fullest potential.

Daniel Axford Elementary School

Posted July 26, 2008
Real nice school with good credentials. They also have special needs teachers on site. Large play land.

Posted October 16, 2006
Both my children have gone to DA since they were 5 years old. DA is a school where the children feel safe and happy to be there. Each child is encouraged to do their best. The teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. The principal is very organized, kind,supported and knows each child by name. She is a great example of a leader. We will miss seeing everybody everyday sice we had to move to other state. DA Staff are very friendly. Thank you DA for taking good care of my childrens.

Daniel Axford Elementary School
74 Mechanic Street, Oxford Charter Township, MI  48371
Last modified Daniel Axford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Daniel Axford Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top