Potterville, MI
Before care: Yes

Posted October 23, 2014
I believe this is a wonderful school that everyday is reaching out to students to help each child be the best that they can be.

Posted July 16, 2007
I am so pleased to have my kids in this small and friendly school. We came here as school of choice. It has been well worth the sacrifices to make that happen. We have moved to the community and our children are thriving. The new principal here has really set a 'students first' plan that has allowed the teachers to really show their caring for everyone. They are a great staff with the best interest of their students at heart. No school is perfect, I'd like to see more extracurricular nonathletic choices, but I still would not leave this school. We are lacking a little on parental involvement, but that too seems to be coming around with this new principal. Overall, Potterville Middle School is an awesome learning environment for all learners. If you are looking for a great small school, this is an excellent choice!

Posted May 12, 2006
My daughter is currently a fifth grader at Potterville Elementary, so I cannot speak for the middle or high schools. However, I can say that the Elementary school is fantastic. The current administration is top-notch and all of her teachers have been well above average. I have nieces and nephews that attend some of the larger schools in the county and I believe Potterville to be the absolute best due to their small size and hands-on approach. The Elementary principal seems to know the name of each child and is seemingly always friendly and willing to discuss any parent questions and concerns.

Posted March 14, 2006

Posted January 10, 2006
Highly recommend all 3 Potterville Schools! Tons of support from the community as well as the entire school district! Band, Choir, Football, Track, you name it - this small town's got it! THIS is where you want to raise your kids! If ANY parent wants to come in to the schools, on any given day, and sit in class with their child - they're totally welcome! Want to volunteer for lunch room or after school projects? bring it on! This town is growing and so are the schools!

Posted January 09, 2006
I think Potterville Schools are excellent. All schools have their problems. We are school of choice and have been that way for 6 yrs. I like that I know most all of the kids in my daughter's class and know most of the kids in her grade, either by face or name. If I had to do it all over again would I, yes, we love PPS and hope to see her graduate from Potterville Public School system.

Posted March 28, 2005
This school is fair in comparison to surrounding schools. The size of the school is small, with an avergage of 50 children per grade. The benefits outweigh the negatives. I like the fact that I know who my children are friends with, I know their parents and teachers are able to keep in touch with the parents. In a larger school, they may have more extra activities, larger sports teams and great big facilities, but huge class numbers! Choose what is important to you, and go with it. I like sending my kids to Potterville.

Potterville Middle School 1

Posted July 07, 2004
My step kids go to this school and they are lacking knowledge in all areas, they can't spell, they can't read very well and are behind in everything compared to my daughter (who goes to Fowler). My step daughter who is now in 3rd grade hasn't learned multiplication yet, or even learned how to write in cursive. I learned that stuff in 2nd grade, so what have they been doing all year? My 2nd grader was practicing her 100 math problems in 5 minutes and she beat the 5th grader! So, if you have a choice to pick schools, don't pick this one.

Potterville Middle School 1

Posted October 02, 2003
I was very disappointed with the teachers as well as the principal. One of the 6th grade teachers had a very low success rate in her class. It seemed like all she knew how to do was ridicule and never praise. What a shame! My child is now in Mason, and he is thriving.

Potterville Middle School 2

Posted July 13, 2003
one of the problems this school faces is administration follow through and holding the teachers accountable for their actions. last year started with a new principal and she seems to have worked very hard at getting us started in the right direction. the district needs more parent support!

Potterville Middle School
424 High Street, Potterville, MI  48876
Last modified Potterville Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Potterville Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top