Redford Charter Township, MI

Posted May 31, 2015
Pierce is a great school! The school has something for every type of learner - from advanced to struggling. The Pierce Academic Institute (PAI) is a program for advanced students who apply for, test and get accepted into it. The PAI is rigorous and pushes student to their capabilities. There are also honors classes, for students who excel but are not in the PAI, and there are remedial classes for those who need them.

Posted August 27, 2014
I was their from 7th through 8th grade and now I'm going to the 9th it is a good learning school (good electives , teachers ok) but the only bad thing is kids wear high profiled trend clothes like ( True Religion, Gucci,Pradas, etc) and sometimes kids get picked on about what they wear that's all but anything else it a great school.

Posted May 09, 2014
I attend Pierce Middle School and see no problem with it. I am writing this review since I am thoroughly disappointed in negative reviews about my middle school. I am part of the Pierce Academic Institute, which I love. Continuing the program, when I attend high school I will have one and a half high school credits. Numerous rumors were spread about Pierce being a violent school, but I have only witnessed, and heard of four fights in the two years I have been their. Even if this classifies Pierce as a violent school, this happens in every school. Their are the kids who will start fights, kids who will bully others, but I cannot report ever attending a school where this behavior is not present. Even the kids who have been sent to the student responsibility center, that is just their rough edges. Many of them have heart's of gold. I also truly believe teachers are looking out for their students best interests. Say what you will about Pierce, but I would send my children their any day.

John D. Pierce Middle School 3

Posted April 24, 2014
My son has been at Pierce since 6th grade and while they challenge his mind with a pretty good curriculum and a wealth of activities, they're not catering to the child in a whole. Some of the policies are extremely strict and the punishments are harsh. Overall it's a pretty good school. Just needs some tweaking.

Posted June 12, 2013
I THINK JOHN PIERCE MIDDLE SCHOOL IS THE RIGHT SCHOOL FOR KIDS. I AM GOING TO 8th GRADE AND I KNOW I AM GONNA LOVE THE SCHOOL.

John D. Pierce Middle School 3

Posted May 17, 2013
I love this school, the teachers, the learning goals and advanced classes for the advanced students, but the only thing that I truly HATE about this school is the students inside. Everyone seems to slack off and not truly care about their education. I am a seventh grade algebra student at this school and used to be one of the advanced readers and writers (it's only for the eighth grade now), but the other people are mean to each other, and I am going to another school next year (hopefully), so that's my review. Hope it helped :)

John D. Pierce Middle School 1

Posted January 23, 2013
THIS SCHOOL IS HORRIBLE. THE WAY THAT THE SCHOOL IS RAN IS UNACCEPTABLE. FOR KIDS THAT ATTEND THE SCHOOL FOR THE 1ST TIME, IT HARD TO ADJUST TO THE HARSH WAYS OF THE SCHOOL. I think that they really need to change the way that the school is ran. This is a middle school but ran as it the kids are in high school. I understand middle school is to prepare the students for High school, but this is just rediculous.

Posted March 30, 2010
Well I am a 7th grade student goin to Pierce Middle School and I just love it here. Sure every now and then crazy things come up, but this school has taught me how to be a better person and to believe in myself. I have made many friends and hope to make more...Pierce is the best!!!!

John D. Pierce Middle School 2

Posted February 29, 2008
Well i am a student in 8th grade at pierce and well its a good school and all but the kids are outrageous and arent really controlled anymore since mr.white left. now we have a principal mr.riggs and hes not as mean as mr.white and what we need is meaness mr.white used to scream and mr.riggs doesent he just woops your suspended and they come back still as trouble makers. and yeah they need more discepline there are a lot of fights and my family wants to move out of the district fearing thurston is worse..

Posted December 31, 2007
the teachers are wonderful, they honestly care about the students and expect the best from them. any concerns are handled immediately and directed to the parent and councelor for further assistant. i am going to hate to see my child leave this environment, however i am sure he will receive the same attention at any redford high school.

John D. Pierce Middle School
25605 Orangelawn, Redford Charter Township, MI  48239
Last modified John D. Pierce Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John D. Pierce Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top