Rochester, MI

Posted June 20, 2014
My child transferred here from a terrible school in Texas and had severe behavior problems. This school has an excellent program set up to teach the right way for solving problems both with school work and people. In just two years, my child went from one of the worst behaved, unpredictable students to a capable and motivated student. Everyone from the PTA to the teacher to the Principle go above and beyond to ensure that every child has a proper education, Now that we are moving I fear I will never find another school as amazing as this one.

Posted January 04, 2014
My daughter has Been through 5 years at McG and is on her last year there my son also spent six years there my oldest son spent one year there and all three kids loved it all of the kids are great teachers are awesome and so are the parents this school (McG) is amazing. One thing I love about McGregor is there awesome sucsess center it provides a place for kids to go and take breaks my over all thought of this school is that it's OUTSTANDING

Mcgregor Elementary School 4

Posted April 27, 2013
McGregor has a loving, caring staff of teachers, administrators and paras. This school is truly a gem in the heart of Rochester. Education is a priority for all children at McGregor. In addition, the school deals successfully handles children experiencing difficulties in a way I haven't seen at any other district elementary school.

Posted December 19, 2012
My son has had an amazing year at McGregor. The teachers are amazing and truly care about their students. My son could barely read when he started here and now, not even half-way through the year, my son is a fluent reader and his spelling and writing has greatly improved. He loves school now and he loves his teachers and classmates. I couldn't be any happier with this school.

Posted March 18, 2011
I have 3 children who have or are currently attending McGregor. My eldest made an incredible transition both socially and academically into Middle School. I could not have asked for better prep. I volunteer and intentionally make contact with their teachers multiple times a week. I know first had that the staff truly cares about their students and their success. Additionally, the "Success Center" brings social and emotional awareness that no other elementary school has in Rochester. All schools have challenges. It is up to the teachers, support staff AND parents to "make it work". McGregor makes it work.

Mcgregor Elementary School 1

Posted January 26, 2011
This school has been a let down as far as the staffs attitude. My son is learning but the attitude of some employees has made us anxious to end the year.

Posted November 01, 2007
Our daughter has been attending McGregor from 3rd-5th Grade. She absolutely loves her school. The principal, teachers and staff are wonderful. The school started a terrific new program about 2 years ago that has fostered a very positive learning environment for all students. And, those with 'issues' are helped by two great teachers in our 'Success Center', that helps students to develop positive and more productive way to handle behavioral problems. This program has absolutely turned our school around. Our MEAP scores have improved tremendously over the last few years and continue to do so every year. Much of this is due to the terrific teachers. The PTA is strong and very well run. Terrific volunteers means terrific students. This year we have exceeded our goal of PTA members. And we have 100% of our teachers and staff at PTA members! We couldn't have picked a better school for our daughter!

Mcgregor Elementary School 3

Posted June 07, 2006
McGregor has the most fabulous staff possible, they are caring, competent, and friendly. Unfortunately, they are also overburdened by children who have strong behavioral problem and the school's discipline system is currently being re-vamped. The school has tons of potential but right now needs a lot of additional resources to take care of the discipline issues so they can then work on bringing up their Meap scores to their previous levels (same teachers, different zoning has resulted in a decrease in scores this time around). This school has a phenomenal special education department as well.

Posted February 03, 2005
For being the smallest school in the district, my child receives extra attention from the staff. The academic programs will give my son a competitive advantage.

Posted January 31, 2005
'Excellent school, Staff is very friendly, special activities , really great educational programs, thoughtful planned. Our girl loves it. McGregor is a gem in the heart of Rochester. In the past several years, the schools has received a new and respected principal, a state-of-the-art building and new playgrounds while keeping first-rate teachers and wonderful families. The school strives for excellence, and just received an 'A' rating. We're thrilled with McGregor!

Mcgregor Elementary School
1101 1st Street, Rochester, MI  48307
Last modified Mcgregor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcgregor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top