Romeo, MI

Posted January 31, 2014
Awesome school! Teachers (9/10) offer support above and beyond what I would call teacher responsibility. My child is offered extra help when needed. Curriculum is offered and tailored to your child's abilities with excelled programs. School is on top of bullying and they utilize a lock-door system for extra safety. Wonderful school and superb staff !!!

Posted January 26, 2012
I feel like earlier reviewers (2004) were talking about a different school entirely from the one my child is attending now, in 2012. This middle school's strength is, in a single word, CONSISTENCY. Every class has the same grading policy, the same late work policy and procedure, and the same policy and procedure for handling absentee work. These policies are tough, but it has been great for my very scatterbrained child not to have to figure out 7 different systems for 7 different classes. He has learned that he alone needs to make sure that his work is in (and on time), as no one is there reminding him, asking him for it, or otherwise giving him the impression that a deadline is negotiable. He will go to high school well prepared. Some of the teachers are excellent (so grateful my son had Mr. Wenz in 6th and Mr. Tebeau in 8th for math!) and some aren't so great (like the phys ed teacher who makes snide, joking comments about fat kids), but I would guess that is true in any building. I would say that most of the teachers are caring and try their best to understand their students.

Romeo Middle School 2

Posted March 13, 2011
Many of the teachers are good, some are not. The older teachers seem to be the best, I think the younger ones are like robots... "if you do A, then you'll get B" without looking at each person independently. My son struggled since 1st grade. I think the poor quality of schooling in grades K-5 affected my son in middle school. My son was recommended to be held back in 6th grade. If I disagreed with this recommendation, then there was a form that I had to sign. I did, however, agree to hold my son back & my son thought it was best too. Then, on the first day of school, the Asst. Principle saw that I did't sign the form. The Asst. Principle signed the form instead and my son went on to 7th grade, against my wishes. He is now 19. He struggled to graduate. He went to community college for a year, then enrolled in the military. I have a younger son who is now in Kindergarten. We drive him to a Warren Consolidated School, which seems much better much than the Romeo school district lower grades. I do like the Romeo high school. I don't care how the teachers dress, or talk, as long as their hearts are in the right place. Sometimes tough language can get a kids attention.

Posted January 28, 2010
I don't get why so many people are saying that teachers dress inappropriately because they have never worn anything bad because they dress like a normal person, and if your complaining that your child isn't getting good grades don't whine because your child isn't smart enough for this school Because most kids are getting high grades.. Teachers have NEVER used any fowl language that I have heard. Great school overall and is very fun to attend. Also i think that the school is great on discipline and the extra curricular activities are great.

Posted December 10, 2009
This school is amazingly fun and the teachers rock.

Posted October 20, 2009
I am attending this school and I find it to be great. I'm not sure why people are saying teachers dress inapproitally because they dress just like any body else. The best thing about this school is the teachers. They are so nice and they will actually talk to you like a person. I think I could find them as a friend.

Romeo Middle School 0

Posted May 11, 2008
We moved from Howell a year ago. Romeo Schools are very disapointing.The school says it normal for an a/b student to now get d/f's in 6th grade.What wrong with this picture? We have had meetings with the teachers.They have no clue on how to handle school bullies.

Posted July 06, 2007
I used to go to this school. The teachers do NOT dress innapropriately, they dress CASUALLY, but not innapropriately. Teachers speak to students like people, not like just students. The teachers also have PERSONALITIES. This is a great school.

Posted January 11, 2006
My son goes to Romeo and i think it is a wonderful school and hometown community! This schools sports programs are amazing! especially their basketball and football which have mainly been undefeated for the last few years. Their grades are also wonderful too. The teachers and members inside the building are very curtious and kind. The kids pass a great atmosphere around the school (maybe revolves a little to much around sports) but still great to see everyone treating each other with respect!

Posted January 12, 2005
We've had a wonderful experience so far at RMS. We have 2 children currently attending, both doing very well. The teachers are willing to keep parents informed, as long as the parents take the time to 'be there' for their kids. The principal does what he feels is best for the kids and we feel that our children are safe. As for the dress, my children have learned more from the newer teachers in the trendy fashions than they have from some of the others. We teach our kids to see beyond a person's looks, don't forget that. Our advice, stop complaining and get involved in your child's education - it makes a big difference!

Romeo Middle School
297 Prospect Street, Romeo, MI  48065
Last modified Romeo Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Romeo Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top