Bad
Good

So far we've had a great experience with this school, the staff, the teachers and the parent club. My daughter is in first grade and has loved attending Mark Twain for two years.

Effective school leaders: Agree

The new principal has become as involved with the teachers, students and parents as possible.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My daughter comes home and shares stories with me proving this to be accurate.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Last years teachers worked hard with my daughter to help her reach the level she needed to be at. This year, the teacher has done amazing work with my daughter and she has gone beyond our expectations.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

This year the only homework is to read a book daily that is brought home from school. I also have my daughter do a practice spelling test daily to prepare her for her weekly spelling test. She is doing well in school. I feel all other learning is done at the school. And, she is doing fine with it.

Twain is a great community of people. From teachers, to staff, to volunteers. Friendly and Fun. I feel that so far, my children (lower elementary) are on pace with where they should be at their grade levels and even excelling in certain areas. The teachers are caring and I love that my daughter's teacher this year truly inspires and encourages her to be who she is. She praises her at the right times and settles her when needed. There is a reason that so many people school of choice into Mark Twain :)

Twain Elementary School is a good school, with caring teachers, principal, and support staff. My children, who are "school of choice" and have been at this school for the last 6 years, have flourished under all of the teachers that they have had from K - 5. The teachers are very receptive to questions and suggestions, especially when you request that your child be challenged a little more. Twain currently has Science and Social Studies Olympiad, and Chess Club, but I do wish there were more after school activities or clubs for the students to get involved with. There are many opportunities for parents to get involved and volunteer their time with activities/events hosted by the Parent Club, and to make lifelong friends while doing so. I do wish that the parking lot was not such a problem, but that change would have to start with the parents. All in all, Twain is a good school, with great staff! I have been extremely happy with our choice to attend Twain.

Parents: definitely a "parents club" situation. If you're on the outside, they make sure you know it. Principal: Aloof and seems bored. Only gets involved when he has to. Teachers: Only one I have run into has been horrible. And when I say horrible, I mean that there is not enough room to describe the complaints against her. She has a serious lack of communication and allows kids to be bullied. All the other teacher so far have been wonderful. Office/Support Staff: Good. Really nice and attentive. Parking lot: a nightmare.

So far I have been less than thrilled with Twain Elementary. I find the curriculum sub-par. The teachers and office staff are friendly. Discipline seems to be non-existent here.

This school has a huge bullying problem. When parents go to the principal for help ,he does nothing. He will insist that there is no bullying problem at his school even when you have witnesses. I would say stay far away from this school!

Last modified Mark Twain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.