Roseville, MI

Mark Twain Elementary School 1

Posted September 16, 2014
I purchased a home in the Fraser district because I heard Fraser schools are a good choice. I was sadly disappointed in the quality of education my daughter received especially the 3rd grade. K - 2 was ok, not very challenging but OK. However 3rd grade was ridiculous to the point that my husband and I made the decision to change her schools. They spent the first month and a half teaching "test taking strategies" so that the kids can take the MEAP test. The rest of the year was spent watching home movies and catering to those children that were not understanding the material being taught. My daughter was not in any way shape or form challenged and when I asked that she be graded a bit more harshly on things such as penmanship and English I was told by the teacher that "that's not how I grade". Speaking with the principal will get you absolutely nowhere as all he is concerned about is being a Title 1 school and getting more low income families signed up for free lunch. Bottom line, we moved our daughter to a new school this year and she has been struggling to keep up with the rest of her class due to the poor job Mark Twain Elementary did educating her especially last year!

Mark Twain Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2014
Great school too have the kids go into. Don't like some of the parents that work there. And they know who they are. They will will talk bad about your kids. Talk bad about how one raise there kids. Put it this way if your not in the circle your kids will not be anything more then students there. Personally I would rather send my kids to roseville school. And the principal there doesn't give one cent how a parent feel about what goes on there.

Posted November 30, 2011
Great school, my daughter has learned so much. The teachers are fantastic. Everyone works together for the better of the kids. The principal is always available to talk.

Posted November 02, 2009

Posted February 10, 2009

Mark Twain Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2008

Mark Twain Elementary School 4

Posted January 29, 2008

Mark Twain Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2005
Having had two children that attended Mark Twain I cannot say enough about the extraordinary experience we enjoyed with each teacher they had. The teachers had the ability to make each child feel special in their own way. Unfortunately, I too found my dealings with the principle to be less than satisfactory. I felt there was a lack of consequence for unruly students and a lack of support for teachers seeking his involvement. The office staff, specifically Mrs. Green, was wonderful. It never ceased to amaze me how she knew each and every childs name. Overall Mark Twain was a wonderful experience.

Mark Twain Elementary School 3

Posted March 31, 2005
The academics are wonderful! Music, computer classes, gym and art! The parent volunteers overflow! The principal I don't believe has a discipline policy. So there is not much disciplining. The secretaries are a blessing. I loved everything and would suggest the school, but the principal refrains from helping you out when your student lets say bullied, beat up etc... Very unfortunate.

Posted March 11, 2004

Mark Twain Elementary School
30601 Calahan Road, Roseville, MI  48066
Last modified Mark Twain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mark Twain Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top