Public charter
Roseville, MI

Posted February 12, 2015
This is a terrific school if you child has serious behavioral problems and has been thrown out of other schools. if you child is a reasonably well-behaved child who wants to learn, this is not the right school. your child will not be able to learn becausr of all the poorly addressed behavior issues. your child will have no sense of stability or consistency. administration changes yearly. there is a revolving door for staff
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 04, 2013
Just to in the Years of 2009 and 2010 RCA had a different Principle and she was phoenominal and now things has fallen apart since she has left. RCA needs the Principle to return to take RCA to where it was in the year 2009-2011

Reach Charter Academy 3

Posted September 13, 2012
I like this school. No school is perfect but I appreciate the hands on relationships with my daughter's teachers, the quick follow up on email and the daily feedback. I wish they had more extracurricular activities and were dismissed at different times to stagger the kids in and out to avoid the ouside traffic. I also wish my daughter had spanish class more than once a week. But overall I don't regret sending my daughter to this school..

Reach Charter Academy 3

Posted July 30, 2012
Parties, fun and festivities galore! Woot! Your child will LOVE it here. As a parent, seriously trying to prepare my child for an academically challenging world, Reach Academy could "reach" far more for academics. They spend more time on "reviewing" than they do teaching the standard material for the actual grade your child is in. Therein lies the biggest problem with Reach: Your child receives a basic/average education at best. Reach doesn't excel in challenging their most promising students. The student populace here is mediocre--average and while the teachers take the entire first semester trying to "catch up" most of the class, students who DID learn the previous year's material have to sit and suffer through half a year of review. Thus, the excelling students are ultimately doomed to mediocrity. AND, to mask their mediocre standards, the the kids take BS classes where almost everyone earns a "3.0" to "average" out the important classes and the grading scale is a confusing mess. This school doesn't give out "A's" or a 4.0-A sign I see that speaks volumes of its lack of academic excellence. Reach, it's been fun, but I've "reached" my limits on compromising my child's education.

Posted July 27, 2012
I went to this school and I had some much fun we have so much parties but my favorite is the "Green Party"!!!! We had freeze pops and played games but I see all these comments and I'm very confused.....???

Reach Charter Academy 4

Posted June 06, 2012
We just completed our first school year with Reach. I was not impressed with the office staff as there were occasions we were misinformed and the staff seemed confused. REACH can do a better job ennsuring accurate information is shared with office staff, teachers, and parents. Overall the academics for my kindergartner was great. However I think the school was too strict with code of conduct. Students would get in trouble for normally "kid paly". Also, more male teachers are needed. Although my child's teacher was awesome! Despite the minor disappointments with the school staff and conduct policy, I would recommend the school for incoming kindergartners.

Posted April 18, 2012
I give this school an excellent rating! I started my daughter in first grade and I am very sorry we did not know about it for kindergarten. My daughter is now in 3rd grade and the education she is receiving is unbelievable! I live in Saint Clair Shores and choose to drive my daughter to this school everyday because it is academically the better choice. We tried kindergarten in the SCS Public schools. That was a complete waist. My daughter could have taught the class. this school does have many rules. If you have a difficult time with rules then it is not the school for you. These rules help keep the order. I want my child to learn respect for others and appropriate behavior? This school expects this from the children and hopes for it with the parents. If you are looking for high academic and moral standards then this is the school for you. The teachers we have had are great. I could not have asked for better teachers! 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade! They have had some change in staff but as a new school I think that is to be expected. There are some who have a problem with this school...but they were probably a problem! I would, and do recommend this school to everyone.

Posted February 19, 2012
This is one of the worst schools that I have ever had my child attend. My daughter text me on her phone to get a mandatory item. My husband left work to bring it to her because it was an emergency and they let it sit in the office for over an hour. When I called them instead of being concerned about my daughter they were more concerned about her cell phone. I thought the principle might think differently then the secretary but nope, the principle was in agreement. Forget my child's emergency, "no texting in school." They then yelled at my daughter and created this ridiculous cell phone policy where every child that has a cell phone have to turn it in to the teacher when they arrive at school. Wow, schools like this are why our children are suffering. They are more concerned about parking lot, cell phone control versus the students.

Reach Charter Academy 2

Posted January 04, 2012
I used to be a Middle Level student at Reach. At the beginning of the year everything was fine. But towards the middle and end of the year it got worse! But it was their first year with a middle level so I thought next year would be better. But it wasnt. It was WAY worse than the year before! So many things went wrong. Teachers seemed like they didnt care about the students. The students lashing out and interrupting other students learning. PDA all over the hallways. Academical... It was okay. but with all the disruptions it was hard to get things done. So I would not suggest Reach Charter Academy to others. But not to get the wrong idea, it's a pretty good school.

Posted August 03, 2011
I went to this school and I had fun. When I attended, there were so many activities to do that were really fun and some were challenging.

Reach Charter Academy
25275 Chippendale St, Roseville, MI  48066
Last modified Reach Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Reach Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top