Bad
Good

I have two children who are just finishing up their first year at Elmwood Elementary and I am so pleased with the school. The principal, Mr. Fringer, is energetic and very involved in the school, and district. The teachers are great. There are after school events, like Family Reading Night, Trunk-or-Treat, and Fun Fest, which have been enjoying all year. My kids are both in latchkey and we have been very happy with that program as well. I love the sense of community with the parents and staff. Overall, it truly is a Great School!

The new principle Mr. Fringer is awesome he has already made many positive improvements in the little time he has been there. The teachers and staff are very patient and caring with the students and the support staff are always on hand when needed.So happy we decided to send our daughter to Elmwood!!!!

Elmwood Elementary is a CLASS A SCHOOL. On Aug 27,2014,my family and I had a house fire where everything was damanged. Thank God no one was hurt. We were blessed to have been put up in a hotel in Troy, MI while we were waiting on our home to be repaired. This became an inconvience and I had to put my child in AM and PM Latchkey. This was something that I was definitely having a challange paying for. The Latchkey Leadership called me in the gym stockroom while I was walking away in ALMOST TEARS saying"OMG this is another bill I will have to have GOD assist me with in this time of need". She said give me until tomorrow and I will give you a call. She took out the time to call the South Lake School Board, who approved me for FREE LATCHKEY while we are going throug our challenge. She also got the Counselor involved. We have been approved for gas cards, socks, groceries, underwear, and personal needs for my daughter. LETS NOT FORGET FREE LUNCH. I first and foremost give all the Glory to God, however I thank him for using Southlake Staff and Management as vessels to help me and my family through this challenge. THANK YOU SO MUCH(SOUTH LAKE DISTRICT)ELMWOOD ELEMENTARY & STAFF

A great school in a great district! My child has blossomed here and due to the dedication of her teachers, she has become an advanced reader and excels in math. There are fun after school programs and I'm impressed with the quality of education here.

My son is looking forward to the accelerated program this year and we are happy this great program is housed at Elmwood. All in all, I am not a fan of the school of choice policy, but Elmwood has adapted and strengthened their curriculum over the years to maintain highly valued education standards. The IB World School designation attests to that hard work. Elmwood is really a wonderful school.

Elmwood is a wonderful school with a very diverse population. The school has a tremendous PTA association which I unfortunately am unable to participate in this year due to work obligations, but I try to attend all events that are scheduled. The staff are courteous and respond quickly to the needs of the children and parents.

We have found Elmwood's great staff to be highly supportive and motivated. The teachers are very dedicated. We see them arrive early in the morning and leave late in the day. Thank you for all of your hard work!!! It does not go unnoticed. Love all the family events throughout the year, by the way...fun stuff!

Teachers make this a wonderful school! I believe that they truly care about the students. If your child falls befind they have them caught up right away! They have tutors before school for math. The education is top notch. I have chosen my rating based on this, because it is really what matters most. The following gripes are simply so that maybe they will fix it and so that you know that things are not all roses. Every school has its problems. The morning and afternoon drop off/pick up is absolutly terrible. I'm sure it will take a horrible event to get it to changed, as adminstration is unable to control/ fix this problem. Also, plan on sending your childs lunch to school everyday as they seem to feed our children the worst/cheapest possible options. Maybe they will wake up and discover that children learn better when they eat better. They also make a huge profit from their cheap and gross lunches. They give the kids two options. The first rotates and the second in nacho chips with cheese dip and a cheese stick..everyday for two years now!

My five children attended Elmwood Elementary School many years ago. But I am indebted to the school even today for the thirst for knowledge Elmwood instilled in each of my kids.

Last modified Elmwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.