Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

There is a shameful Bullying problems at this school. My child has been told things like, Go back to Africa, you are gay and should commit suicide one day.. You look different, your hair is different, your fat... the list goes on.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Racism, Bullying and Lack of awareness brought to the issues are a huge problem.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There are a few great teachersite at this school, but they are overshadowed by the negligence of the school.

Crissman has a difficult time controlling it's Bullying problems and issues. My child has endured too much of it over the last 3 years. What is going on is a direct result of poor parenting and lack of awareness brought to the school. There is a sweep it under the rug mentality instead of dealing with the issue. A Dog and pony show at best. I cannot believe that racism is still being groomed into children and the school has admitted to not knowing how to handle it as they really only care to appeal to the "upper class" . This brings embarrassment to the whole district, which happens to be the 2nd largest district in the state.

This school is unwelcoming to those of color. I think they're hope is to decrease their minority count as much as possible in order to appeal to the upper class parents of children attending. Many of the teachers single out children of color and are unfair. People will look at you differently, while silently judging your every move. Dealing with this school has been uncomfortable in a number of ways.

Great teachers and a great community! My son especially loves the technology that he is able to use, like Discovery Education.

My children have been attending Crissman for the past 6 years, and our experience has always been extremely positive. The teachers and principal really seem to care about the students, and go above a beyond in every way. My children have always loved coming to school because of the wonderful staff and welcoming atmosphere.

I wrote this review once before and it didn't upload, so I thought I'd do it again. I LOVE Crissman. My children have been going to Crissman for the past 6 years, and I've only ever had wonderful experiences with the teachers and students. Everyone works really hard to make sure each child's needs are met, and that there is a safe and welcoming environment to learn. My oldest is now in Malow and is taking Advanced Math, Advanced Science and Accelerated Social Studies. It's because of the outstanding education he received at Crissman! Keep it up.

I am so glad my children attend Crissman. My oldest is now a sixth grade student. My children have had wonderful experiences with all the teachers, administration, and other staff. The teachers differentiate the lessons to meet all the students' needs. My children feel safe and happy at school. I am proud to be a Crissman parent!

My son has been going to this school for 3years, his first year of attendance there was great, he had a very nice and very helpful teacher. These other three are the worst teacher he had, very rude and don't seem to know what they're doing, don't care about the students, I think they're just there for the money. So parents think twice before you bring your kids to attend school here, because believe me they are the worst everrr!!!

Last modified Crissman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.