Shelby Charter Township, MI

Posted December 05, 2014
I love this school. The teachers care about their kids and the new principal takes his time to get to know students and families. The other day the principal spent the day on the roof (it was 30 degrees) because he promised kids he would do that if they participated in a school event. The kids loved it.

Posted June 07, 2014
This is the arm pit of Utica schools. Located right next to low income apts., this school provides Detroit type educational environment. Blue Ribbon standing means nothing when the programs, actives and level of participation are substandard. This can only mean that Utica School Direct knows the issues with the school and does not provide the correct funding. The only claim to fame at this school is the chess program. It has the large participation in the state, but this is most likely because of the lack of other program. Stay away from this school and drop your child off for the chess program if you are into chess.

Posted April 14, 2014
I can't wait to remove my child from this school, his first grade teacher is a complete psychopath. I feel absolutely horrible for any child who gets her next year. Not only is the support staff overlooking of her clear inability to be an educator, but, she singles out children at a very vulnerable age. They've done almost nothing to teach my child anything new, only focusing on getting his test scores high enough to move him to second grade. Absolutely ridiculous, summer can't come soon enough.

Posted July 31, 2013
I think this school is improving every year and looking foward to the new school year. I have been hearing many positive comments from parents and teachers over the summer.

Posted July 28, 2013
I think anybody living in the area would be fortunate to get an education from the school

Posted November 05, 2011
I'd send my child to private school rather than Roberts if I had the choice to make over again. Old materials, few books, limited supplies and no doors on any classrooms make learning tough for kids with the large classes in grades 1 through 6. There seem to be more than 30 kids per class. State test scores seem to be dropping and I not surprised since this school seems to resist change. Kids say that many teachers yell a lot.

Roberts Elementary School 4

Posted October 28, 2011
Roberts Elementary is a nurturing environment for children. The teachers, the principal, the custodian, the cook, the support staff, and the secretary all care about the children. I chose Roberts Elementary for my children above area schools and I know that I made the right choice. I have seen many, many instances where children were put first. No child ever goes hungry, teachers and the office staff have sought out winter coats and boots for children in need, and the secretary treats all of these little ones like they are her own. She wears many hats and loves her job. I feel confident that my children are well taken care of and are getting a quality education. The principal sets high expectations for teachers and students in order to provide the best learning environment for our children. As far as parent participation, the PTO as well as teachers welcome parent volunteers. I have seen many parents working in classrooms, the media center, reading with children, organizing events, fundraisers, assemblies, etc. I have seen many pleas for help and ways to get involved. I am a happy parent and proud to say that my children attend Roberts Elementary!

Posted October 14, 2011
Huge class sizes of 31 or more students. Rude staff, not willing to take parent input.

Posted September 19, 2011
So far the school year has changed slightly since last year. However, the principle has been a little nicer, but the seceratry lady that sits up front...man..u cant even get her ever to be nice or smile. U can hear her yell from her chair to the kids in the hallway. I just dont undertand how u cannot be nice. Still the parent participation still doesnt seem to be a important goal of this school. U want to particapate but they never call u.

Posted May 31, 2011
This is a terribly unprofessional school with rude faculty and staff. The post from a parent on Feb 18, 2011 is spot on, there's actually so much more but....it's too bad public schools have such low standards now days and that no one cares enough to hold them accountable and we the taxpayers/parents of the students attending have no say what so ever in any of it. Perfect example of carelessness and laziness in society, not everything takes a dollar to make a difference, somethings just take someone caring enough to make the difference. Taking my kids to a new school in hope a bit more logical practices.

Roberts Elementary School
2400 Belle View Drive, Shelby Charter Township, MI  48316
Last modified Roberts Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roberts Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top