Posted May 31, 2012
Hello, I just want to say if you choose this school you are going to love it. I have never met a principle like Dr.Brun and she leads her team of teachers to be just like her. She exspects the same treatment and will do ANYTHING for a child. Even after moving to a different school district I went back to talk to Dr.Brun and she took the time to listen to all my concerns about my kids new school. She and the teachers are like a big family. As far as work the parents off to the bone not true parent involvment is VOULENEER not forced even if you want to just be a lazy parent and not be involved Dr.Brunn and all the teachers make sure your child gets everything he or she needs. About the special Ed in this school Mrs.Z and the others are so caring they even took time out not getting paid to go sit with the kids at lunch or play with them. My son's gained everything from this school. I trulely believe you don't get a school like this over night and a school like this is one heck of a diamond in the rough! GO Brummer, we miss you!

Posted December 26, 2011
This school is phenomenal. The principal - Dr. Brun is an amazing person who has truly found her calling. She really knows all of the students and clearly respects her teachers. She is involved, she cares and it shows. The teachers are also wonderful. I am especially impressed with Mrs. Whaley. Your child will get the best at Brummer which is what all children and parents are looking for in a school.

Posted March 13, 2011
Brummmer is a wonderful, excellent school. I strongly disagree with other parents that dis like Brummer. The staff is kind, but firm when nessesary, they know what they are doing, and they take a LOT of pride in their work. The principal, teachers, secretary (s), everyone that makes it work. The principal, Dr. Brun, is the most amazing, kind, excellent, down to earth person there is.She cares about every one at that school. Brummer is one of the best schools in the country. I strongly recomend it.

William A. Brummer Elementary School 1

Posted March 17, 2010
Brummer is not what it's cracked up to be or even what it used to be. The teachers only care about bringing home a paycheck. They are so caught up in their union rights and complain about the superintendent and principal daily. The teachers run out the door as soon as the kids have left and are not there for any extra help unless you want to pay for it. The principal does know every child by name and is a wonderful woman. However, the school has gone down hill in the past two years. God love her, but Dr. Brun is losing her hearing so only gets snippets of conversations. She also tells the teachers what they want to hear as well as the parents, so not much gets resolved. Talk about parent involvement. They work the parents like dogs doing things the staff and teachers should be doing.

Posted December 10, 2008
Brummer is a wonderful school with an outstanding principal. She knows each and every student and is the most involved and caring principal I have ever heard of. The kids love her. She goes above and beyond to make sure both kids and parents are happy. She greets everyone at the door everyday and even eats lunch with the kids. Tons of involved parents and lots of fun extra events that are only found at Brummer because of Dr. Brun. What other principal visits every new kindergartener's home to read a story and introduce herself ? She makes the school!

William A. Brummer Elementary School 0

Posted November 24, 2008
I can relate to this review. My child is now a 5th grader at Brummer and has had 2 teachers in the past that were just awful teachers and made it a very difficult years for us. I have had a few issues with Dr. Brunn but overall she is a good principal. I would recommend this school but also strongly encourage parent involvement.

Posted September 22, 2008

Posted November 24, 2007
Brummer has been a fantastic experience for us. I have a 3rd and 1st grader and have been very happy with the quality of teaching, the extra activities and how students are put first. I am always impressed by the principal who is very hands on, knows most if not all the children, and encourages the children to know her. She creates a wonderful atmosphere for parents and students that would never have existed 30 years ago when I was school age. It is a safe environment with many opportunities for a student to develop. Brummer is well respected in the community as well!

William A. Brummer Elementary School 1

Posted February 16, 2007

William A. Brummer Elementary School 3

Posted June 16, 2005
We had a wonderful experience with our son's 1st grade teacher. In the 2nd grade the teacher's poor teaching style caused him to lose the drive to learn. His grades went down between the 1st & 2nd grading period. The school's principal was asked to move our son to a different class, but she stated that there were no other options available as the student to teacher ratio was already at 24 to 26 students per teacher. It was so bad that we finally decided to move our son to a private school, which is a financial burden. The school has many excellent teachers, but there are some that should not be teaching at all. If you have children who will be attending this school, be sure to research the teacher's background.

William A. Brummer Elementary School
9919 Rushton Road, South Lyon, MI  48178
Last modified William A. Brummer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William A. Brummer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top