Bad
Good

My son has attended the school for 4yrs. No issues. Most of his teachers work well with the students.

My oldest child started at McIntyre during the 2010-2011 and is now a 4th grader. My 2nd child started there last year 2013-2014 and I am still pleased with the school! Everyone has their own experiences, but mine have been positive. The staff has been great and very helpful; I always have my teacher s personal phone numbers. And the school community works together to help our children achieve! We are fully equipped with SMART boards, due to everyone digging down deep and supporting our talent show! It feels like a village to me and my child is learning & very happy. Plus the church directly across the street offers tutoring to the kids at the school. I love my school!!!

The school ranks low as far as being proactive and they are very reactive. They do not encourage tutoring and is not trained on helping kids exceed to the next level. Very dissatisfied with the principal as well. No leadership.

McIntyre lost alot due to the shake up of staff from budget cuts. Before the 2010-2011 school year McIntyre was a stronger school despite having a weak principal. If my son were not in the 5th grade he would'nt return.

My children attended school there-I have worked there for 20 years-love the school, staff, and students!!

Caring and sharing community! Introduced my children to the wonders of nature!

I am so happy with this school as a parent of a child with special needs i was so please to met my childs teacher this year Mrs. Frazier she is just wonderful and she care so much about my child and i have seen wonderful growth in my child both socially and academic. Great job Mrs. Frazier Thanks

This is our first year at McIntyre. The staff is excellent, teachers especially Mr. Cornett is great. The prinicipal Ms. Beckwith is great.

I am very happy with the staff at McIntyre. I am very concerned about the 2007 MEAP results. I am very concerned about the overall downward trend in the scores district wide. However, the learning environment at McIntyre seems above average to excellent. The new principal had big shoes to fill and I think she has a lot of potential. I've been satisfied to very satisfied with the teachers so far. The Young Astronaut program is outstanding. I wish more parents were involved. For a school with 300+ students, the PTO meetings should be better attended. At times, the children are a little out of control (Bus lines, running in halls, etc). Otherwise, most of the children seem real nice, especially the office helpers. The Latch Key program has greatly improved this year and I am very happy with it. I feel behavior and safety are priorities at Latch Key.

Last modified Mcintyre Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.