Posted November 04, 2014
Okay So Crescent Is Not A Good School. The Teachers Barely Teach. The Lunch Makes Me Sick. Literally. I've Had to Stay Home Plenty of Times Because Of This. The Teachers Accuse You Of Things you Didn't Even Do & On Top Of All That, The Bad Students Get Away With Things. Don't Go to Crescent. I'm An 8th Grader And this Is My Last Year. Been There Since Kindergarten. I've Never Liked It.

Posted April 04, 2014
I love Crescent acadamy, This is my daughter who is in the 8th grade 3rd school but not by choice. Woodmont Academy her original school closed and I made the God aweful mistake of sending her to Bradford academy. She will tell you that was the worst year of her life. From Ms Cupidore down to house keeping, everyone is great! I love that they actually care about the children and their future. You don't get that these days. My husband and I made the decision years ago that we would move out of MI once she is in High School but We are stuck not because we Love this school so much. If you want to send your child to a school that actually cares, challenges, and teaches them I highly recmend Crescent Academy.

Posted April 03, 2014
My son an daughter both attend this was there first year an i love it my sin in 8th the teachers an staff is wonderful my daughter is in 3rd an they have a great program for homework also there bus progrg am great i have made a good choice for my children way to cresent

Crescent Academy 2

Posted September 24, 2013
Well the excitement is dwindling. The Pre-K program has yet started & now school is rescheduled for October 9th due to Fire code expection un met. Now I must tell my child that the school is closed and Back to the sitter..Disappointed, what can u do.

Posted September 23, 2013
My 7th grader and I are very happy with this school! The staff is friendly and very supportive. The class sizes can be smaller but my daughter has made Principle's list and National Juniors Honor Society!!!! Transportation is provided and safe!!! Like every school there's problems but we can work together to improve and make changes. I've seen the changes over the last four years and is very pleased!

Posted September 13, 2013
This school is a joke....they offer after school care and Saturday school which are incentives to parents. There are many dedicated teachers at this institution, but they face struggles with unqualified administration and daily struggles ( lack of classroom supplies, long days and teaching towards standardized tests to maintain state funding). The special needs program can not accommodate students with severe disabilities. Save yourself a headache, send your kids elsewhere or DPS. God Bless the teachers who work here they are dedicated, but I would not recommend this school regardless and would NEVER send my own children here. -former teacher

Posted August 15, 2013
I love Crescent Academy! My daughter went there for preschool and kindergarten. She is returning for 1st grade next month. The administration and staff are caring and hands on. The environment is safe and I would reccomend this school to anyone. I lived on the westside on the border of Redford and I am moving near East English Village. I love the school so much that I am willing to drive her to bus stop on the westside so that she can remain there, Ms. Cupidore and Ms. Brown worked with me by trying to get a bus stop close as possible to the east side and I really appreciate this.

Posted July 29, 2013
I worked as a substitute teacher at this school and was offered a job but I turned it down. The kids were out of control, and the higher the grade level, the worse they behaved. I will admit that this school is in a lousy location. Kids need an OUTDOOR SPOT for gym and other classes but parents need to be involved. So many parents simply don't care if you tell them that their child is disrespectful, cussing, has behavioral problems, etc. which is a shame because the brightest kids are the ones that act out the most. Charter schools in general overwork and underpay their teachers, this school is no exception. Teachers that work here are so stressed out that I was called every week. However, students need to be challenged and then maybe they will behave or disciplined. Uniforms seem to help take the focus off fashion trends but that's not enough. In my experience, if a parent has to send a child to a charter school, yes, the child has special needs, but it's up to the parent to be proactively involved. Some of the parents treated the school as a babysitting service. I've read the other reviews and the administrative staff were never rude to me but they were definitely overworked.

Crescent Academy 2

Posted July 05, 2013
I have 2 children at this school. My 8th grader was 1 of 12 8th graders who actually went on to 9 grade out of 60 kids, the rest were held back. that's a school problem not a student problem. They are not equipped to handle ANY TYPE of ADHD or Autism students. All these resources are not provided until 3rd so they hold the 2nd graders back after giving a final exam worth 50% of their grade. That means you can have a C average child who gets a D on the final and they will be retained. Or a D average child who gets a B or A on 1 test and go on to next grade level. 1 test determines pass or fail, these are facts. Keeping a child in 2nd grade for 1 test is beyond careless, it's messing with their mental and social skills. And again help don't start till 3rd grade. Which is Saturday school and after school help. On top of the 9 hour day they just put in. What's worse is there was no intervention why because it was 4th quarter, all the other 3 the child was passing. This school will STRESS your child out and you to. It's not a healthy school for a child mentally. And my child passed,but will not be back next year. Some point at this school your child is going to be held back a year

Crescent Academy 3

Posted June 23, 2013
I posted the last comment, but remember this school is VERY money greedy! They give you dress down to wear whatever, but you have to pay a buck. On the last week they made you pay for the whole week. So, I advise you!

Crescent Academy
17570 West 12 Mile Road, Southfield, MI  48076
Last modified Crescent Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K, 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crescent Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top