Springfield Township, MI

Posted July 13, 2014
Honestly, I cannot for the life of me understand the negative comments about Davisburg Elementary School. We moved from the district and I continued my children s enrollment because it is such a wonderful learning environment. I think the negative comments are from a bunch whiner s. The comments about inadequate security are ludicrous. Davisburg is a tiny town. Most of the community is on a first name basis with all the teachers and staff. We don t need international airport style security imposed on parents- the sign in is enforced and adequate. I m sorry to the lady whose kid got his feelings hurt and to the lady whose kid encountered a bully, but that s part of life. We all don t get to be number one and sometimes we encounter mean humans. It s part of life when you are eight and when you are eighty. Davisburg El. has a strong anti-bullying campaign; I think the poster was being dramatic.

Davisburg Elementary School 1

Posted May 22, 2014
This school is a mess. There is no organization whatsoever. The principe offers minimal communication with parents. There are not many emails sent out, not enough opportunities for parents to get involved which this school appears to need badly. Also something that really bothers me about this school is the absolute lack of monitoring of who comes in and out of the building. They do have to buzz you into the building but once in they don't care who you are or what you're doing. They have a daycare in the building and I see people walking in and put without singing in all the time. The receptionists don't seem to care and actually I picked my child up from school crying recently, he was physically and verbally being attacked by two other students and the receptionist I spoke to treated me like I was the issue not the bullying. No one ever bothered to find the child who physically hit my child. Needless to say we are switching schools next year.

Posted April 22, 2014
Davisburg Elementary is known for being one of the best elementary schools in Holly Area School District. All of my children have attended here. We are very pleased with the staff, the curriculum and the atmosphere. Below I read I few reviews that actually made me chuckle. The one that says she took her kids out of here because she doesn't want them in college with an elementary school education made me laugh! This IS an elementary school. THEY WILL be getting an "elementary" education. And in middle school, they get a MIDDLE SCHOOL education. In high school they receive a HIGH SCHOOL education. All jokes aside, this is a very good school.

Davisburg Elementary School 3

Posted April 16, 2014
My boys attend the young 5's program. I have no issues w the teachers they are great. My issue is communication w the principle not having time to meet w us as concerned parents or not even following up w a phone call..do to this reason I have enrolled my son's in a different school district and it's sad to say we are now looking for a new house and are searching in other districts..so to summarize I feel the teachers are great the principle not so much!!!!!

Davisburg Elementary School 4

Posted October 31, 2013
Disappointed there was no Halloween parade in the school because of the rain, in previous years we would have it in the gym. Disappointed that they took the microwave ovens, so kids could not warm up pizza. I am disappointed that there is no explanation of reason for the changes. I am disappointed my son was in the hospital and was out of school for a week and his homework sat on the secretary's desk with no one caring enough to call me and telling me it was there.

Posted November 22, 2009
Davisburg Elementary provides a wonderful, positive learning environment! Both of my children are developing intellectually, with high regard to responsibility and respect. The best part... they love school!!! I believe this is due to the staff's upbeat professionalism. The principal and teachers are delightful role models! I'm very thankful for the involvement of esteem building within the curriculum. I receive many compliments on how pleasant and well mannered my children are. This behavior is encouraged and supported by the staff at Davisburg Elementary. As for parent involvement... the Davisburg Parent-Teacher Connection (PTC) is second to none in regards to providing opportunities for parents and students alike. The PTC really supports the concept of how important the family and community is to a child's development. We are thrilled with the education and community involvement that Davisburg Elementary provides!! *Just a note: The Student of the Month program has been eliminated.* Excellent School!

Davisburg Elementary School 0

Posted August 18, 2009
The only thing that upsets me greatly about this school is the unfairness they have when they choose a student of the month. I had to watch my son cry every month because he is never OR has never been picked for a studen of the month and he has no idea why - I think its unfair to point out and say 1 child is better than the other. -

Posted January 30, 2009
I can't begin to explain the difference between Davisburg and the last school my children attended. I feel welcome here, my children feel welcome here, and I feel like both of their teachers are happy to answer any questions I have. Davisburg has something you feel when you walk in the door. It is smiles, excitement, and caring. My children are challenged and happy and learning so much more than they did in the past three years (two years for my younger child). It's worth my drive from out of the district every day.

Davisburg Elementary School 0

Posted September 10, 2008
Once again, my children have started the year at Davisburg Elementary with smiles on their faces. Both of them couldn't wait for school to start (which hurt my feelings a little, but that's OK)! We choose to transport them to Davisburg although we live out of district, and can't begin to explain the quality of education in comparison to our home school in a neighboring district. In the two years they have been there, they have gone from average work to above grade level work, scoring in the highest category of standardized tests. In addition, the art, music and gym programs are great, and I am welcomed into the school at any time, rather than feeling like an outsider. Great job, Davisburg!

Davisburg Elementary School 1

Posted August 09, 2008
Very substandard levels at Davisburg, sure, your child might have fun and like the friendly teachers- but education isn't number one there- you would be surprised what your children are not learning by attending this school. I don't want my kids to start college and have elementary grade levels- which is where Davisburg leaves you.

Davisburg Elementary School
12003 Davisburg Road, Springfield Township, MI  48350
Last modified Davisburg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Davisburg Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top