Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted January 20, 2016
The teachers care about my child. They know her and what makes her feel special.

Posted January 20, 2016
As a parent, I love the sense of community and warmth that comes from all the teachers. My child loves her teacher and is having a great year!

Posted April 23, 2015
Outstanding elementary school with great teachers. Our kids walked to school and had a wonderful experience there, which prepared them well for middle and high school.

Posted June 13, 2014
We moved here in November from Royal oak and from the moment they started until the last day of school was the best experience my children has ever gotten from school. All the teachers and staff are great.My son was in Miss. Macowicz class and she is awesome. Loves and cares about our kids future.

Jack Harvey Elementary School 2

Posted September 09, 2013
disorganized elementary My kids are new in this school and i have a huge concern about how kids are admitted & dismissed. Pretty much all kids are let out as soon as the bell rings, withbthevexeption of kindergarden kids, without an appropiate supervision. Kids who ride the bus must look themselves for which bus to jump in & that includes little ones. In my opinion, it's not safe & innapropiate. Too many negative things to mention, but maybe I'm exagerating due to the fact my kids used to go to West Utica, where everything is safe, organized & techers are 100% visible & assisting students - not like in JH where i've seing teachers congregating and paying more attention to their conversation instead of watching the students.

Posted June 06, 2013
I have 2 children that currently attend Jack Harvey. My oldest has been at the school for 5 years. This is a terrific school. The teachers really seem to care about the students. The principal is very friendly and seems to have a great relationship with the staff. I really like how well the staff seems to get along with each other and work together. The school is very clean. There seems to be a good amount of parent volunteers. The JHV tries very hard to plan fun activities for the kids.

Jack Harvey Elementary School 1

Posted February 04, 2013
Terrible Experience!! The Principal in my opinion doesn't possess great leadership abilities! My children were miserable so I removed them!

Posted April 11, 2010
I've put four children through the Jack Harvey Elementary School. I currently have one in 5th and 6th. My other two are 7th and 8th. I would recommend this school to any one. It is great!

Posted September 04, 2008
I helped last year at Jack Harvey and throughout the year I had hoped that I had attended this school. The atmosphere is so welcoming, everyone is friendly and welcoming. I would have to give the credit to Ms. Fontaine for the atmosphere for this buliding.

Posted April 08, 2008
Harvey is a wonderful place for children to learn. The way Utica Community Schools is zoned is absolutely rediculous, and Harvey is far from where we live. Basically that's my only complaint, it makes for a very long day for the children who take the bus. My only other suggestion is it seems some days I think the school forgets to let the kids be kids. There is soo much pressure put on the little one's especially in K-3. I couldnt believe how much homework was given out in 1st Grade, although that is a district guideline and not reflected on Harvey necessarily. They have a good bunch of teachers and staff.

41700 Montroy Drive, Sterling Heights, MI  48313
Last modified Jack Harvey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jack Harvey Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top