Sterling Heights Senior H.S. 1

Posted October 25, 2014
I graduated from SHHS with a 3.8 GPA and honors and am currently attending Michigan State. I continue to do well in my studies. However, I can whole-heartedly and without a doubt say that none of my collegiate accomplishments can be attributed to the pathetic excuse for an education that I received here. I did well in my AP classes in order to bring as much knowledge with me to college as possible. The teachers failed to help me achieve this. I came to college confident of my ability, and for the last three years, it has become clearer and clearer of the simple things I find myself struggling with that all students around me gained from high school. Most notably, a proper history education and the ability to conduct formal research. AND the arithmetic sector of this high school--my AP calc class was basically a sham, with a teacher who had no right (moreso ability) to teach it. There are teachers, few and far between, who are knowledgable and generous with their time/ability to teach; but the lot is lazy and presumes "eh, most of the students are entering the workforce or Macomb Community anyhow, who cares." It is sad, and I should have transferred after freshman year.

Posted September 15, 2012
We all know some people will complain about everything. But all I've seen is so far so good.

Sterling Heights Senior H.S. 3

Posted July 12, 2010
My son is a 4.0 student. I find some (english, history) teachers just don't care. Good principal, good band director, good counseling staff, lots of class choices. He's getting a good education & is happy.

Posted September 20, 2009
As one of the top schools in the region my years in Sterling Height High was filled with alot of good friends and has helped me out after high school. I feel that every asset we give to schools like Sterling Heights High Benefit the community at large.

Posted September 16, 2009
my son loves school again! He hated middle school, but is really enjoying high school and is doing well.

Sterling Heights Senior H.S. 4

Posted September 16, 2009
SHHS has an amazing band program. The marching band sounds great, and so do the other bands.

Posted September 16, 2009
So many different ethnicities and people mixed into one school!

Sterling Heights Senior H.S. 4

Posted January 14, 2009
My son attends SHHS. School is what you make of it. He has decided to get involved in the extra-cirricular activities, and has decided that education is important. There are kids at the school that have no interest in education. For those children, they will get out of it as much as they put into it. If they put effort into it, the staff will bend over backwards to help them succeed.

Sterling Heights Senior H.S. 1

Posted December 21, 2008

Posted October 28, 2008

Sterling Heights Senior H.S.
12901 15 Mile Road, Sterling Heights, MI  48312
Last modified Sterling Heights Senior H.S. is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sterling Heights Senior H.S. Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top