Taylor, MI

Posted November 01, 2012
This school does not challenge the students and allows them to do only the minimal. My child was receiving 2's on his report card in reading and writing and was chosen as student of the month. Taylor Parks state that the student of the month is based on a child performing their personal best. I can tell you that my son was NOT doing his personal best in reading and writing. We were trying to motivate him at home but felt the school was not motivating him to strive and reach higher goals. As parents, we had to tutor him in these areas and he was able to bring his grades up to a 4 in these areas. My son is a bright kid but was not given the skills or motivation needed to thrive. It is sad because children who graduate from Taylor schools will not have learned the skills needed for college or their future. I see a lot of dittos coming home and hardly any creative/engaging lessons being taught. Teachers at Taylor schools are teaching in very old fashioned, traditional ways and not engaging the students. I laugh at the No Child Left Behind Act because Taylor schools is failing their students in many ways and letting them fall behind. Hence our move to another district.

Posted June 16, 2011
This school is not a very good learning environment. Mt 4th grade daughter was bullied physically and emotionally, and I told the principal and teacher, the girls parents were contacted and no punishment was forced down on her. I would highly reccomend another school.

Taylor Parks Elementary School 5

Posted May 13, 2009
Strides in successfull learning~ My second grader has learned to read, discipline and that all children are unique and special. The world is not perfect & neither is Taylor, but it is teaching my child to be a dedicated learner and how to befriend those that are different from her and those like her. The school is contantly throwing parties to stimulate the economy & grow parent teacher involvement.

Posted January 13, 2009
Considering the MEAP scores are very low, I'm paying for tutoring, and the school never asks how to improve I am very disappointed at how they are allocating the tax payers money and their ability to teach children.

Taylor Parks Elementary School 4

Posted March 26, 2008
I think Taylor Parks is a very good school.

Taylor Parks Elementary School 3

Posted January 04, 2008
My daughter is in kindergarten at Taylor Parks. She has 29 classmates. The other two kindergarten classes are the same size. I believe that is way to high for kids starting out. Saftety could also be a lot better. The younger kids should be lined up in the back of the school with the parents coming to get them, instead of letting them run out of the front doors.

Taylor Parks Elementary School 4

Posted September 07, 2006
I believe that Taylor Parks Elementary is a wonderful school. I transferred my son to Taylor Parks after having problems learning in his previous school. My son who is a first grader there has learned so much accademically and socialy. The parent involement is not that high, I think that more parents should get involved in their childs activities. The teachers are good to, when they have a problem with a child they disscuss it with the parents and find a way to solve it.

Taylor Parks Elementary School
20614 Pinecrest Street, Taylor, MI  48180
Last modified Taylor Parks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Taylor Parks Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top