Bad
Good

Posted June 03, 2015
Smith Middle School!!!!! gets a 5 star rating from our family. The help we received this year for our 8th grader was GREATLY APPRECIATED!! and made a difference in her academic skills. The teachers worked very hard with her and now her study skills have improved which will help her in the next school year. Cant say enough for the staff and teachers they truly go the extra mile!!!

Smith Middle School 1

Posted August 30, 2014
I don't have words to describe the bullying I faced here. Smith Middle School is horrible.

Posted October 17, 2013
My son transferred to Smith this year. I cannot stress enough how happy we are with this school. From the very first day, the teachers, staff, and parents were welcoming and helpful. The Principal and Vice Principal are very accessible and my son even likes to chat with them. The teachers have a good grasp of what middle school students go through and what their role is in shaping that, and they communicate well and are forthcoming when needed about what is happening in class without being ever being negative. They are very good at giving feedback. My son has also found the student body to be really decent, and on the whole pretty nice to each other. The parents are friendly, and very involved with what's happening at school. Oh, and we love the coach for football too! As a family, we are very happy with this school. It was the right fit for us.

Smith Middle School 4

Posted August 03, 2013
Located in the award winning Troy School District, our school is where your child meets the world...sitting with children who represent families from all the world, as well as all around the United States. Outstanding music program (district rated in the Top 100 in the country). Advanced and honors programs that prepare your child to compete in one of the state's top high schools. Athletic and competitive academic teams will allow your child to find ways to explore their interests.

Posted February 20, 2009
What a great school! This is my son's first year and boy did he adapt quickly . . . he loves it. He receives some special services and the Special Eduation teacher along with her para-professionals are absolutely phenominal. We are moving this year and hope to stay in the Troy school district. This school receives an A++ in my book.

Posted January 24, 2006
Smith Middle School is an outstanding school with outstanding staff and one of the best principals. Our kids have learned a lot and the enjoyed going to this school.They also have outstanding ESL teachers and classes! Grade: A+

Posted December 31, 2005
JUST AMAZING SCHOOL! The school academicly is amazing as well. The teachers are great adn they make sure each child erally understands everything. I would send every parent here if I could. I would deffenitly reconmend this school.

Posted August 29, 2005
The Smith middle school is excellent. My child enjoy the life here. Counsoler is excellent. Math club is #1 in the state.

Posted November 02, 2004
My son (currently in 8th grade) had a lot of difficulty adjusting to middle school. This year has been the best so far. His grades are good and he has a much better attitude about school. The counselor we worked with was great and really helped us to find solutions. Most of the teachers were wonderful and really wanted our child to suceed. I really felt like we were a team. I have another son who will be attending Smith next year and I am sure he will blossom here also.

Posted April 17, 2003
The communication with the parents is terrific. Newsletter, PTO meetings, extra mailings, our principal wants us to know what's going on!

5835 Donaldson Drive, Troy, MI  48085
Last modified Smith Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.