Troy, MI

Woodland Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
Woodland Elementary is a great school with a great staff. Would love to see more advanced programs to keep ALL students challenged. Foreign Language and Band/Orchestra should be brought back as this benefits all. Avondale gets a bad rep from people who don't know it or attend. Parents with kids who do attend should speak up with the many positives! Get our district back on track!

Posted April 29, 2014
This school has quality teachers with quality programs, the support for kids in autism spectrum is really good. I'd recommend this school! They teach more than academic, they teach morals as well.

Woodland Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
The principal and the teachers seem very engaged and enthusiastic. I think the curiculum is strong, but could be further layered to provide varying levels of difficulty to keep the stronger students challenged, while being responsive to the needs of the other children. I would love to see them add an advanced or gifted program. The school seems well funded with appropriate access to computers, but there is always room to continue enhancing in this area.

Posted November 28, 2007
I moved my kids from private school to woodland elementary. I was thinking its going to be a disaster. Instead I got more than what the private school had to offer. Principal and the class teachers are very dedicated. Even PE , music and art teachers are great. During semester conference, PE, Music and art teachers were available to answer our questions. They customize and individualize each kids needs. Parents involvement is absolutely fantastic. Working parents and stay at home parents equally participate. School leadership especially the Principal is the best of all! Principal is standing in the gate when school bus drops and picks them up. She is dedicated to the improvement of the kids.

Posted October 11, 2007
Our family loves our school! Great teachers. Knowledgeable, caring principal. High standards for all. Many special programs and afterschool activities.

Woodland Elementary School 2

Posted July 11, 2007
It is luck to get a good teacher...on average one per grade so everyone is requesting the same teacher if they know better. Total lack of leadership and accountability are the main problems in my opinion. Children who are more intellectual will suffer and their is no computer training, maybe once or twice a year the computers will be used depending on the teacher.

Woodland Elementary School 2

Posted June 15, 2007
Lack of experienced leadership. Quality of teachers is questionable. Parent involvement seems to have diminished. Curriculum is even questionable. Woodland used to be a premier elementary school within Avondale. Unfortunately, this isn't true as of today.

Woodland Elementary School 3

Posted September 22, 2006
My twins have spent the past 2 years at Woodland Elementary and although we were very blessed to have the greatest kindergarten teacher Avondale has to offer, I'm very unimpressed with how the school handles the coordination of events and the transportation is an absolute joke. In the case of student events, we typically are informed at the last minute and arrive to a complete disarray, disorganized event, where the volunteer parents are busy chatting with teachers and kids (young kids) are completely lost as to any sort of order or instruction. Incidents at the school are rarely reported and are found out by the parents through the children. Bus drivers drop children off at the wrong stop and generally are not paying attention.

Posted November 02, 2005
This school has quality teachers with quality programs,my child is autistic he's been with Woodland K-3 and I've always seen nothing but progress progress progress. Everyone really cares and now his future look bright thanks to they're great help. I'd recommend this school to anyone! The best part is the parent turn out to every event. Make you feel like your part of a family! They teach more than academic, they teach morals as well, no one is allowed to bully, they have 0 tollarance of it and it works.

Posted May 20, 2005
We moved into Avondale School District in 2003 from the Lamphere School District. My son, Michael, is now in 4th grade and I am very impressed with all of the teachers and administrators at Woodland Elementary. Michael was not doing very well in 3rd grade and each professional at Woodland has placed 150% of their time in making sure that he does well. The NCLB Act has been a wonderful thing for us. Woodland has put forth more effort than I could have ever imagined. They've put a special program together for my son and he is advancing at his own speed and his self-esteem has increased tremendously. Michael is going into 5th grade next year and I am sure he will make the transition well. I would recommend Woodland Elementary to anyone who is concerned about the quality of academics as well as the emotional development of their child.

Woodland Elementary School
6465 Livernois Road, Troy, MI  48098
Last modified Woodland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top