Utica, MI

Posted December 05, 2014
ACADEMIC NOT GOOD. I'M LOOKING AROUND TO FIND A DIFFERNT SCHOOL. TEACHERS ARE NOT EXPERIENCED AND THE ADMIN STAFF ONLY CARE ABOUT BRINING MORE MONEY TO SCHOOL.

Posted June 23, 2014
Great school, caring teachers, would not want to go anywhere else. Its amazing to see such wonderful teachers and staff

Posted March 01, 2014
Very pleased with the school. Caring teachers and administration. Children are receiving a quality education and really like their school.

Posted February 15, 2014
We LOVE St Lawrence. We are currently in our fourth year with our boys and absolutely love it here. We wouldn't change a thing. Every institution has issues but nothing here to complain about or isn't handled or addressed in a timely manner . Love love love the teaching staff and all the wonderful families and friends we have made here so far.

Posted January 02, 2014
My son is currently a freshman at DeLaSalle Collegiate High School and St. Lawrence School has greatly prepared my son for the challenging classes he is taking at DLS. Most of the boys at DLS, that have graduated from St. Lawrence School, have the highest GPAs in their grades. The Admissions Director has even stated that St. Lawrence School has the highest Catholic High School placement test scores than any other elementary school. The teachers at St. Lawrence are doing a great job because "the proof is in the pudding".

Posted December 03, 2013
I attend this school and tell you the athletics are great. Academics, not so much. Teachers don't explain anything and we finish all work in class.(like public school). Bullying is a huge problem around me. Very chaotic.

Posted May 22, 2013
Bullying is a problem in st. Lawrence Catholic school in utica. They encourage bullying but try to make you think they are doing something about it. Unfortunately my daughter experienced horrific incidents, Despite my awareness that an anti-bullying policy should be in place at the school, the responses that I have been receiving are unsatisfactory: the bullying has not stopped and the schools is taking insufficient measures to make it stop. THANKFULLY my daughter is out of this school now.

St Lawrence Elementary School 4

Posted September 24, 2012
My children have adapted well to this school. I love the fact that they use Daily 5 in the lower grades!

Posted June 10, 2011
Te academics at this school are very strong. There are some wonderful teachers and some just average teachers but its the competitiveness of the other students that has really challenged my children. Its "cool" to be smart and disciplined here (unlike at our public school). What really sets this school apart is the closenss of the community and the involvement of the parents. Those are intangible things that are hard to measure but priceless in action.

St Lawrence Elementary School 4

Posted March 26, 2010
Pros: First Grade Orientation for children transitioning from Kindergarten to First Grade Welcome to St. Lawrence Orientation for new families of St. Lawrence School Prayers, Addition, Subtraction taught in the First Grade. Zoo Field Trip for First Graders Teachers are Smart, Caring Teach Spanish to all grade levels Latch key from 7 am to 8:45am; 4pm to 6pm Hot Lunches offered (Wednesday s Pizza Day) My child loves the smell of the school Every Friday Children s Mass at 9:30am Cons: School starts at 8:55am, would rather this start at 7:30am or 8:00am No Hot Breakfast Offered School donations/funds to support school: about $1000 annually (worth it? Don t know yet) No Gym Uniforms kids have to work-out in regular school uniform (Dockers with Tennis Shoes) Student Drop-off Route slow. School doesn t allow kids to be dropped off before 8:30am. School doors don t open until 8:40am. You are in the car line until 9:05am to drop

St Lawrence Elementary School
44429 Utica Road, Utica, MI  48317
Last modified St Lawrence Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Lawrence Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top