Bad
Good

I love that the school has finally started to turn around over the past few years. My daughter loves the staff and the increase in higher level classes has caused our family to remain here at Fitz.

My parents took my sister out because of the level and slow paced learning she was getting. The teachers seem nice and all but being in the lower income of Warren this school is what you expect. It is not dangerous or anything to attend but kind of trashy. I would say the same as Hazel park which is where I went to,

Fitz is a great school especially in the tech department where there are courses such as auto tech, engineering and web designing. Those courses not found at Fitz are offered by Fitz in different programs such as MMSTC and consortium classes. I have so many opputunities here in the Fittz district than i had back in my old district.The staffs at Fitz are among the most supportive, understanding and hardworking. The staffs and students and the parent community at Fitz help students reach their goals and learn to the best of their ability.

I think fitz is a great school that provides us a great and safe environment to learn. It has courses that will get us ready for the real life...

My son wil graduate in June 2009; he is attending the U. S. Coast Guard Academy and getting a free college education and a career along with it; perhaps the parent who does not like Fitz should encourage their child to be a better student. Mine seems to be doing OK. School is what you make of it

I am the mother of four kids. Two of my kids attended Fitz. If your child is college bound, Fitz will disappoint. Fitz does not offer a lot of higher level/ challenging classes, especially in math and science. My daughter a recent CMU graduate, struggled a bit because classes weren't offered that CMU thought should have been. My other child, a son, choose not to attend college and learn a trade. If your child want to learn a lifelong skill, Fitz is great! If your child has college goals, look elsewhere.

The Fitzgerald district is one of the most proactive districts in the county. Despite the rumors, there are textbooks for students, there is a policy enforced that academic achievement (2.0 or higher) will take place prior to extracurriculars and athletics, and the minority students in the district either reside here or are tested and enter through one of the excellent academy opportunities. The only thing lacking in this district is parents who get involved rather than complain from the sidelines. It would also be helpful if people realized that the building improvements are paid for from a fund that can not be used to pay for education costs. To go along with the dedication of the staff, there is a proud tradition of the Fitz Family. Teachers, staff, involved parents and the board of education truly care about the whole child. You cannot place your student in a more caring environment.

Fitzgeralkd High School is a top notch school in the Metro Detroit Area to send your child. Its situated right outside the Detroit/Warren border and has one of the most divese student populations I have ever seen. The school body has to contain at least 1200 students in which half are white, another half or probaly by now more than half) are black, with a great mix of Arab, Asian and Hispanic Americans. I enrolled them 2 miles up to Fitzgerald where they have a superb auto program, music program, brand new facility, excellent teacher staff, new books, and a proud athletic tradition. As the Detroit Public School system is going thru turmoil right now and youre looking to move your children somewhere: Move them to Fitz!

I am a recent graduate from FHS. I am currently attending Macomb Academy. While I was attending FHS I was apart of the Symphony Band. I have to say that if you were going to this school and you have an ear for music I encourage you to take part in it. The band is like family.

As a proud parent of 2 recent graduates of Fitz, most noticeable lacking was the blatant lack of counselor involvement, especially in college placement, assisting students in choosing both direction and applicable colleges. Whatever happened to 'College Prep' courses to ready the student for the next step? Also, students were not guided to avenues to obtain scholarships,grants, etc. open to them, one on one. Students just aren't being sufficiently readied for a future, one they must now decide without guidance, rather just to be graduated. Also, rarely is there an up-to-date 'textbook' available for every student, only printouts or copies. I know funding is tough, but no books? We did vote-in a millage, yes? Very disappointing as the students graduate very disillusioned about their individual future prospects. I originally Chose to live here Because of the schools, ......I thought wrong? No wonder other countries have leaped ahead of us

Last modified Fitzgerald Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.