Posted January 08, 2014
do eggs punch over eggs?? Do chickens quack??? Do dogs burp?? Dont give mouse a cookie.

Posted October 30, 2013
I am relieved that this is the last year I have to deal with school! There is such a huge problem with bullying because the teachers themselves are bullies. They belittle, degrade, and talk down to their students. One teacher for example, tells her students to " shut up", " shut your mouth", " what, are you going to cry". I could go on and on. This isn't coming from a parent who has children with behavioral issues, I am shocked at what my kids come home and tell me what the teachers said to other students or the whole class. One teacher in particular will not give any extra help or put forth any effort to explain anything more than once. I have asked for a phone call, meetings... She refuses. She belittled me to my son over a letter he handed to her asking for a phone call. Her response, " laughed, and said, oh, I've dealt with your mother before". No phone call back. Only good thing about this school, is the principle. Ms. Hendri has been awesome!

Posted March 14, 2013
I have an 8th grader at Carter Middle School. We are both counting down the days to be leaving this school for good. To many bullies and rude kids.

Carter Middle School 2

Posted October 12, 2012
Carter Middle School is okay. They just got new technology to help kids learn better this year and they don't have digital clocks in the classrooms so kids have to read the "real clock". There are a few cool teachers that like to help kids with work, but most of the teachers are lazy and expect you to know everything. A LOT of the kids here are bullies and very rude. I have been effected by them and I am trying to go to a different school. Kids swear right in front of the teachers and the teachers don't care. Seriously, no joke. It happens so much it's ridiculous. There is a high amount of fights here and even though the bullies get suspended, they get to come back to the school after 2 weeks and the same routine happens. Teachers literally give "goods" and "outstanding" to some of the worst kids. Band and art is lessing over the years and it seems like gym is taking over. The electives in this school are very boring and not helpful or fun at all. However, the school tries to do funding and they do a few fun things occasionally. But there are usually no field trips. I am in 8th grade and for 3 years now I have been VERY unimpressed with this school. I do not recommend CMS. :(

Posted September 03, 2012
I will not be sending my child back to Carter. My child started out on the honor roll but dropped off the following card markings. There are a few lazy teachers (Smith) who spend their time on the internet and tell the students to go sit back down instead of helping them. The teachers have white boards that are never used. The classrooms sizes are too large and there is a lack of individual attention. There are fights that break out regularly, including trash cans being thrown at teachers. In the lunch room there is a lack of supervision and things going on that shouldn't. I have reached out to the principal and never heard back since my child was not technically "failing", and the school counselor took 3 months to call me back and never spoke to my child to help with the adjustment issues we were having. They have less kids being accepted to Butcher for academic excellence each year, and many parents unaware of whats really going on there.

Posted March 29, 2012
I have 2 kids there and they will not be going back! This school is a joke! The teachers don't ,can't control the students the assistant principle needs to be removed! My daughter has been a victim of severe bullying by the same child for 2 years, and NOTHING has been done. The assistant principle does a lot of threatening, but never follows thru! The counselor tells me that the bully and her friends have been a big problem for 3 yrs with A LOT of students, yet nothing is done. I contacted a attorney, and was told I was the FIFTH parents from carter to call them regarding the bullying laws and wanting to sue the school!! The sad thing, most of it takes place in the classroom!!!!! Wake up teachers!!!

Posted September 26, 2011
I have put two kids thru Carter. I am now on my third. Each year it has gotten worst. The teachers don't take the time to teach. If you are having troubles, instead of talking to you and helping you with it. They tell you too bad it's not complete you get a 0. My son is a honors student. Advanced classes. In 7th grade to Algebra 1. His teacher has talked down to him so much that he questions him self. He missed one problem on a work sheet and they gave him a 0, incomplete. I am now working on taking my child out of carter and placing him in another school. It's too bad....

Carter Middle School 5

Posted September 25, 2011
Great School!! My son graduated last year and Carter has their stuff together. One year we had a problem with a "Lazy" teacher and my son and I requested he tranfer to another class and the staff handled our situation wonderfully. There are a few teachers that are better than great and I am pleased that there are still teachers who enjoy their job and made a diffrence in my child life and future.

Carter Middle School 5

Posted April 29, 2010
Carter Middle School is top-notch. The teachers are very highly educated, most with masters degrees. They truly care about the students' well-being, as well as their education. This is a great school - the kids are great, the teachers are fantastic, and the lunch isn't too bad either.

Carter Middle School 2

Posted December 04, 2009

Carter Middle School
12000 Masonic Boulevard, Warren, MI  48093
Last modified Carter Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carter Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top