Warren Woods Christian School

Private | K-8 | 192 students

Living in Warren

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $79,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $700.

Sweep tile

Posted January 23, 2014

This is the best school in the area. I have two kids in this school currently. We've been in the school for the last three years and will continue to send my kids there until they finish 8th grade. Teachers are great, the principal is awesome and the school administration is efficient. For the cost of tuition and other expenses, it is worth it.

Posted June 13, 2013

My Kindergartener had a fantastic experience her first year of school. I felt comforable about her being there all day knowing she was learning and being nurtured. They are also very supportive of homeschooling families. Their staff is some of the most gifted I have met! Thank you for all your hard work WWCS teachers and staff!

Posted December 7, 2012

My daughter has been a student at WWCS for 4 years now. I can't think of a better investment I've made than her education. She is more advanced academically than friends of mine's children who are the same age, the staff is loving and truly cares for their students, the parental participation is second to none, and the administrator will drop everything to speak to a student or parent. She's learning Christ centered academics and not only does she return to me as I sent her but better. It's a close knit community and I love knowing all the families, and especially the children my daughter is socializing with. My decision to send her to WWCS was solidified upon my tour when I saw the kindergarten class reciting (by heart) all 66 books of the bible, all the presidents from Washington to Obama, and all of Ephesians 10:18! I was amazed. The heart and spirit of the students are just as important as the mind and it's evident when watching the teachers with the students. I would recommend this school 100 x's over to anyone who asked.

Posted September 21, 2009

My grandaughter completed preschool at WWCS. She is now in grade K. She could read before starting grade K. She can count past 600. She can count to 10 in Spanish and knows some words. She loves the music program integrated throughout the educationsl program. She loves her teachers.

Posted June 26, 2007

We love Warren Woods Christian. My oldest daughter (now in High School) attended there from Kdg. till 8th grade. We also have a daughter, now in 4th grade, attending there. We wouldn't think of going anywhere else! Great all-around school!

Posted June 8, 2007

We fell into WWCS by chance through the preschool and we love it! We wouldn't send our daughter anywhere else. The teachers are wonderful and since there are small sized classrooms, everyone knows my daughter. She is a person not just one of 80 fourth graders. We have a new principal that started in 2007 and she is one of the kindest, most loving people I have ever met. She was our child's first and second grade teacher at the school so we have had an opportunity to get to know her well. You will find our school programs heartwarming and uplifting. We have awesome coaches and music teachers. Very close knit school. I highly recommend the school.

Posted June 6, 2007

We have a 5yr old and a 12yr old that is attending WWCS. Although this is our 1st year, the children have acclimated very well to the schools environment. The atmosphere is very nuturing and loving but tough when necessary. The teachers are very involved and concerned regarding the childrens academic, spiritual and emotional development. The sports and other extracurrucular activities are great and the academic curriculm SUPERB. There is also strong parent support evident throughout the school. I strongly encourage parents to stop by and take a tour of the school and speak with the teachers and the Principal. My only regret regarding WWCS is that we didn't find it sooner.

Posted March 9, 2007

I agree with the reader below... IF you can afford to send your children there then the school will serve your children well. I find it is very much a 'click' among the teachers, parents and school staff. School size is small but not very personal. Too much homework assigned to the kindergarten class is how my husband and I felt. The school has many events, parties and school 'show' programs that are planned without the working parents in mind.

Posted August 14, 2006

This school is not for every student. If you have a child that struggles to maintain Average grades, this school will be VERY challenging. If, however, your child is an A, or AB student, this is the school for them. This school is for the students who want to excel in class, and not just get by. My son has attended this school since Kindergarten, and has maintained an A average throughout. He has been recognized as needing more challenging work, and for the most part the teachers recognize, and adjust his learning curriculum for him. The actual 'average' curriculum exceeds the Michigan standards. A critique of the principal was previously posted. Well, that particular principal vastly IMPROVED the school. from adding new classes, to improving the technology the school utilizes, while ensuring quality teachers. The current principal is strict, but knows how to run and improve a school. Money Well Spent.

Posted July 10, 2006

The teachers for the most part do a good job, some tend to use too msny work sheets though and don't come up with enough creative ideas to teach. Strictly by the book. The school is a dictatorship, run by the principal, so it's her way or no way, which seems to work for some people. The children are all well behaved a this school and should carry this on later in life.If we could afford to keep going we would, but they need to pay their teachers so it's hard for them to work with you on finances. The 5 yrs. we were there overall were good for my children. They have made many freinds and truly were treated well by the teachers, it'll be hard to put them into public school after their experience at WWCS.

Posted February 12, 2006

I'm also a student here at Warren Woods Christian School and I love it here. I have loved it ever since the 2nd grade and now I am in 8th. We have the best and nicest teachers that other schools would not have. I am going to miss this school so much when I leave because they have a great curriculum, great teachers, and especially great students :). Everything here is Bible based as it should be in every school, but we can't do that. All we can do is reach the students and parents of the school. If you come here it is so easy to fit in, everyone accepts you. Even though this is a small school, there are big dreams and amazing lives. love, the best student to ever come to the most awesome school ever!, Tina Maceri <3

Posted October 22, 2005

I am a student at Warren Woods Christian and I love it there. This is my last year at Warren Woods, and for our last year we are going on our 8th grade trip to Cleveland,Ohio and Cedar Pointe. WWCS is a very educating school. They are above most schools in curriculum. I do work at high school level, and my high school friends are learning the exact same stuff. The goal of Warren Woods CHRISTIAN is to strengthen the students relationships with God, and they do a great job at it!

Posted August 30, 2005

My daughter has attended WWCS since Kindergarten, she is now in 4th grade. I have been thoroughly pleased with the quality of the education she has received so far. Her test scores are above and beyond compared to public school. I have seen my daughter grow spiritualy through the guidence of superb teachers and enthusiastic staff. I would recommend WWCS to anyone who wants the best for their child.

Posted September 28, 2004

My daughter attended this school for 1st grade, 3rd, and 4th grade. She is now back at the school for 7th grade. The only reason why she was taken out of the school was because of a change in my job location. This is one of the best schools in the Warren area academically. They have an excellent curriculum (ABEKA) and they make learning fun! Compared to other schools, Warren Woods students on average are two to three years ahead of other students in the same grades at other schools. They nuture your children mentally and spirutually! I would recommend this school without any reservations.

Posted May 27, 2004

I go to Warren Woods Christian School and I've been there since 2nd grade and am now in 6th. I think it's one of the best schools you could go to and they have really good athletic team. The best part about my school is we do everything for Christ Jesus. If you come to our school you will love it. There are so many cool moments that you will cherish at this school. Try it and you will see what I mean!

Math

The state average for Math was 40% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 45% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 70% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 51% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 45% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 17% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 42% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2014.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 27% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 39% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 35% in 2014.

20 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2014.

21 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 20% in 2014.

21 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Source: Michigan Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Above average

Test score rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 MEAP results from the state of Michigan.

African-American 6% 20%
Asian 3% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Multiracial 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (586) 772-9078

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious