Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Beaumont is a fantastic school. The teachers are amazing and supportive to each individual student. Beaumont was the first Leader in Me school and earned Lighthouse status within a short time with hard work between the Principal, teachers and students. Hundreds of educators from surrounding districts visit our school to learn how to initiate the Seven Habits by Stephen Covey. Beaumont teachers have been like family to us since my son started pre-school and is now in middle school. My daughter has 2 years left and when she moves on we will truly miss Beaumont. I am so happy it has been our grade school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I can't say enough about our teachers, I LOVE them and have found them all to be very approachable, understanding, kind, caring and respectful.

Amount of homework: Agree

I have been happy with the amount of homework given and have never felt it was too much for their grade level or ability.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes, I believe our school is built on teaching our children the foundation they need to be good citizens, engaged thinkers and proactive members of their school environment.

My three children have all attended Beaumont Elementary since kindergarten and I currently still have two enrolled in school there. I can honestly say our experience has been nothing less than wonderful. From the moment you walk through the door you can feel the sense of community and pride they have built not just with their staff but with the students and their families as well. I have watched my own children grow leaps and bounds with caring, genuine encouragement each step of the way. The love for learning that is expressed throughout the building is contagious! I have also been with the school since the inception of the "Leader In Me" program and have personally seen the positive impact it has had on not only children but on the students as a whole. I have witnessed the impact it has had on them as they enter the secondary level, it's very empowering for them to have an established sense of self, to be able to understand the meanings behind the habits and to be proactive, engaged thinkers as well as community members. I am grateful that my children have had the opportunity to be part of the Beaumont family and that they attend school in a district that truly cares about their education.

Our experience at Beaumont was nothing less than amazing. Every teacher our children had was hands on, hard working, caring, thoughtful, and brilliant at their job. I could not have asked for a better grade school experience for my children.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Beaumont is top notch in every aspect in education. Honesty and integrity are very important and practiced daily

The education and support students receive at Beaumont is fantastic. The entire staff is responsive to parents and go above and beyond to provide students with a great learning environment. The leadership provided by Principal Jan McCartan sets the tone for the entire school. I have never witnessed a more passionate and committed principal. Mrs. McCartan listens to all parent feedback and is very open to any suggestions to improve the school. The Leader in Me Curriculum is integrated into the classrooms and the kids have a consistent message year to year and teacher to teacher. My experience as a parent - and my kids experience as students - has been on par or superior to other schools higher rated on this site. The district as a whole is very focused on student growth and improvement.

Well, I submitted a more detailed review, but apparently they don't want to publish a hard critique of this school on this site. If you're seeking to enroll your child at this school, do your research. The "Leader in Me" curriculum is not what it's cracked up to be. Bullying is an issue (even in first grade). Teacher communication and cooperation is also less-than-impressive. My step-daughter attends and, if I could, I would change her school. She used to live in Rochester, MI and it was a MUCH better experience.

Beaumont Elementary is a Leader In Me Lighthouse School. By incorporating this system into the daily curriculum students have taken responsibility of their education. You no longer hear the statement, "The teacher gave that grade." As parents we hear, "I earned that grade." What a complete transformation on the perspectives of teachers, students, and parents. This is our 3rd year with the school and we chose this school for our daughter. Could not be more thrilled with her academic achievements and 21st Century Life skills knowledge. Would definitely highly recommend this school for any child and family.

Last modified Beaumont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.