Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted August 24, 2016
I am incredibly grateful to ALL the staff members, teachers, support staff and our amazing principal, Mrs. Knipper. It is their determination to see our kids succeed not just academically but as well rounded, loving people that often leaves me speechless. The dedication they have to these kids is beyond measure and I wish everyone could see how amazing they all are!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 24, 2016
I can't say enough about our teachers, I LOVE them and have found them all to be very approachable, understanding, kind, caring and respectful.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 24, 2016
I have been happy with the amount of homework given and have never felt it was too much for their grade level or ability.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 24, 2016
The teachers are continually encouraging our students each step of the way! Giving up is never an option, one example is our new Waterford READS program that was instituted last fall where each child is guaranteed to be at reading level by third grade. Our staff, support staff, parents, volunteers and administrators are all involved and you can see the impact it has had on all areas of learning. Our district stands behind our kids and is continually looking for ways to increase their access to tools to make sure they are able to maintain their education and be competitive in the academic world and beyond.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 24, 2016
Absolutely! Even before becoming a "Leader In Me" school creating an environment built on mutual respect for others was always very apparent but even more so now with the integration of teaching the 8 habits to all of our students and staff.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 24, 2016
One of the ways I believe our school is doing a great job of helping develop compassion, caring and empathy for others is their involvement in numerous events and programs that help others in and outside of our community. Our children are taught the importance of getting involved and giving back.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 24, 2016
Yes, I believe our school is built on teaching our children the foundation they need to be good citizens, engaged thinkers and proactive members of their school environment.

Beaumont Elementary School 5

Posted August 24, 2016
My three children have all attended Beaumont Elementary since kindergarten and I currently still have two enrolled in school there. I can honestly say our experience has been nothing less than wonderful. From the moment you walk through the door you can feel the sense of community and pride they have built not just with their staff but with the students and their families as well. I have watched my own children grow leaps and bounds with caring, genuine encouragement each step of the way. The love for learning that is expressed throughout the building is contagious! I have also been with the school since the inception of the "Leader In Me" program and have personally seen the positive impact it has had on not only children but on the students as a whole. I have witnessed the impact it has had on them as they enter the secondary level, it's very empowering for them to have an established sense of self, to be able to understand the meanings behind the habits and to be proactive, engaged thinkers as well as community members. I am grateful that my children have had the opportunity to be part of the Beaumont family and that they attend school in a district that truly cares about their education.

Beaumont Elementary School 5

Posted August 22, 2016
Our experience at Beaumont was nothing less than amazing. Every teacher our children had was hands on, hard working, caring, thoughtful, and brilliant at their job. I could not have asked for a better grade school experience for my children.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted August 22, 2016
Mrs. Hornbacher, Mrs. Brinson, Mr. Wenzell, Mrs. Taylor Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! You made my children love school! You taught them so many things in and out of the classroom that they will take with them their entire lives. You are masters of your craft, and any student who is lucky enough to call you their teacher is a very blessed child.

6532 Elizabeth Lake Road, Waterford Township, MI  48327
Last modified Beaumont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.