Posted June 17, 2015
After a very long and trying times with my child whom has disabilities being kicked out of another school who was unable to attend and equipped to tend to her needs we came to hoover. After all the problems we encountered at the other school for my child I was a little uneasy. Fortunately for me my child was welcomed with open arms and I couldn't think of a better staff all around for my child. Absolutely love every staff member I deal with. all the special education teachers I interact with for my child are sweet as ever, they work so hard with my child and the other kids, its truely amazing what they do. You can never understand until you have a child with disabilities how hard their jobs are and they do it everyday with such grace and a smile and open their hearts to give them their best chance. Mrs goodin in the office is wonderful, Mr besik is super caring and a very thoughtful and amazing principal he has the biggest heart and genuinely cares ungodly amounts for his students. As a parent I'm truly thankful for the hoover staff you guys are amazing and deserve far more credit and gratitude then what can be given!

Hoover Elementary School 1

Posted January 31, 2015
Bad since Mrs. Chambers left. LOTS of behavior issues in both my kids classes. when I talk to the principle he laughs it off or cracks jokes. My kids talk way more about the wrong things kids do than about anything they learn. I would switch schools if I knew how. My kids say others are running around and always sent to the office to get suspended every day. Teachers are not strick and give easy grades too. Not a good school.

Hoover Elementary School 4

Posted February 11, 2014
This is a sweet school. Lots of personal attention, warm pleasant teachers and challenging work for kids

Hoover Elementary School 1

Posted June 06, 2012
Not a good school. The teachers are self absorbed, unorganized, and very busy placing blame on everyone....but themselves. The principal is very good with the special need students, but fails to meet the needs of the other students. The parent organization "knows" they run the school. Overall, I'll be glad when my student is no longer there!

Posted November 06, 2008
My son is in the 1st grade at hoover. he transferred from another school. It is the best decision that we made. He has improved so much since last year since he was diagnosed with ADHD. Mrs. Cusumono is wonderful. She has pulled him out of his shell and I think the smaller class sizes help also. More hands on. Thanks hoover!

Hoover Elementary School 4

Posted May 01, 2006
My son is in the 5th grade and I have to say the whole staff has been incredible. They really do care. Thanks Hoover Staff

Posted January 11, 2006
I have a 5th grade student in Hoover. And I have to say the overall quility of the school is great. The teachers and adminastration do a wonderful job.

Posted September 09, 2003
Mrs. Middleton is a great kindergarten teacher. My son just loves coming to school everyday. She is such a fun teacher.

Hoover Elementary School
5400 4th Street, Wayne, MI  48184
Last modified Hoover Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hoover Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top