Bad
Good

Williamston Explorer Elementary School 2

Posted December 27, 2013
My kindergarden daughter was dropped off at an old bus drop even though there was no parent there to pick her up and was left there thankfully her grandmother lived nearby and she was able to find her way there safely until I could locate er. I had confirmed with the school and the bus garage of the change again before this all happend and yet it still did I was shocked that they just left her there with no adult preasent which they stated was mandatory for a kindergardener. When I met with the princaple she blew it and me off and said its was no big deal.

Williamston Explorer Elementary School 4

Posted January 17, 2006
I have been impressed with the resources and staff of Explorer. For such a small town, Williamston schools seem to have excellent teachers, good programs, and good buildings/computers/technology/ extracurricular and sports programs. My daughter is in 3rd grade, and she seems to be getting a well rounded education, strong in basics like reading and math facts, but also including a science lab, art class, a strong physical fitness/health curriculum, and music. The teachers are involved and responsive, encouraging parental involvement and in tune with children's needs and learning style.

Williamston Explorer Elementary School 5

Posted May 02, 2005
We moved to the Williamston school district in 2003 from a ClassAAA school district. My daughter was entering 4th grade and we were very concerned about her performance because it seemed as though the teachers in our previous school district was always concerned about her inability to keep up with the rest of her classmates. After expressing my concerns to her new teacher, she called me and wrote me often to update me on my daughter's progress, which was wonderful. She was right on track with the other kids from the beginning of the 4th grade! From talking with my daughter, I gathered the difference to be that Williamston's educational philosophy is much more inclusive of social education and 'hands on learning' and not solely book education. She continues to do well and we have found that the entire staff cares as much as her first teacher! Definetly an A+ school!

Williamston Explorer Elementary School
416 Highland Street, Williamston, MI  48895
Last modified Williamston Explorer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.